AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Wicktrimmer What a waste - 03/10/05 03:53 AM
As I was walking along the beach front between Captain Morgans and Belizean Shores, I came across a rather odd finding. There is a beautiful pier, complete with stone gargoyles and arches, and across from that is like a series of steps leading up to a pool, that has been abandon. There were stone angels and lions and great stone pillars. Looks really spooky when you are rather intoxicated, walking the beach, alone, at night, looking for a pizza joint! I am sure there has to be a story behind why such a beautiful piece of property has been left in the dust, so to speak. Does anybody know?
Posted By: klcman Re: What a waste - 03/10/05 04:21 AM
yup - "Essene Way" - do a search either here or Google it.........

gonna give a stab at condo-izing now I hear (is that a word?)
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: What a waste - 03/10/05 12:30 PM
it is now... laugh eek
Posted By: Chloe Re: What a waste - 03/10/05 04:48 PM
Wick, maybe not waste. It did cause you pause and ponder, even unoccupied. It sure did me.
Posted By: Wicktrimmer Re: What a waste - 03/11/05 01:49 PM
So....I gather that it is some religious retreat? I couldnt find much info about it. Sure did get me thinking tho.....
Posted By: klcman Re: What a waste - 03/11/05 02:22 PM
"was"
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: What a waste - 03/11/05 03:27 PM
http://www.essene.com/
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: What a waste - 03/11/05 05:08 PM
The Essene Way, now home to Eden Park Villas.

The Essene Way, originally The Belizean, a decadent resort owned by an heir to Perrier Water. Rumors still float of the wild parties thrown there. This lifestyle may have contributed to his untimely death.

The Ciola family purchased this propert some time back and invested heavily, including the largest private solar project in Lati America.

Tom Ciola, originally from Utica (NY), created Hot Stuff XXX, the hottest weight lifting suppliment in the eighties and early nineties.

After making millions in the health food business, the family built the Essene Way to help other people. Their goal was to offer a small tranquil paradise for those that have experienced a tragic loss in their lives, at no cost.

Hurrican Keith had other plans for the property.

Paul (Pauly) Ciola operates a great Pizza and Deli (Pauly's Pizza) on property and also in town.

Tom's daughter and son-in-law are marketing the new villas, very nice, high-end stuff.

SIN
Posted By: mobunny Re: What a waste - 03/11/05 05:58 PM
http://www.edenparkvillas.com/pgs/faqs.shtml

Very pricey...mobunny cool
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: What a waste - 03/12/05 07:20 PM
I'm with Chloe, I liked the deserted feel of the place, my imagination ran wild when I first saw it. I knew some of the story, but not the whole history, thanks SIN.
Posted By: klcman Re: What a waste - 03/12/05 07:54 PM
and I rememeber the rumors that Mike & Morley were coming down to investigate "what was really going on" (somewhat verefied by people I know at CBS)...but never happened.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board