AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Beliken

Posted By: scubaron

Beliken - 04/06/05 04:24 PM

OK! What's Beliken Beer like? What could you compare it to? Do they have Sol or Corona? :p :p
Posted By: XIIthMan

Re: Beliken - 04/06/05 06:10 PM

Is it comparable to Shiner Bock?
Posted By: Phyllis&Ray

Re: Beliken - 04/06/05 07:48 PM

I think I read on an post that you can't buy Mexican beer in Belize at all. Saw a few other beers, Red Stripe and I think Bud, but it cost more. Beliken is good, there is also Beliken Stout, which my husband liked, and Lighthouse, their version of light beer in a smaller green bottle which was okay too.
Posted By: Belikin Joe

Re: Beliken - 04/06/05 10:20 PM

It's definitely not like Shiner.

"XIIthMan" - does that mean what I think it does? If so what class are ya?

Re: Beliken - 04/06/05 10:28 PM

is it like 'if it's cold, drink it anyway"?
Posted By: JungleT

Re: Beliken - 04/06/05 10:34 PM

scubaron, BINGO!!!
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Beliken - 04/06/05 11:42 PM

Actually it's not bad warm, in desperation of course.

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 01:00 PM

Dr. Van,

It does, Class of '94.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 01:33 PM

Simon,

Agreed, however, warm or cold, Belikin with a shot of decent tequila added after the first sip is a true island delight. Try it, and after you recover give an update.
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 01:46 PM

Ice is no longer available in the drinks at the cafeterias at Texas A&M. The senior who knew the recipe graduated.
Posted By: Belikin Joe

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 02:59 PM

XIIth Man - good deal. My wife and I are Class of '98.

Dog - if you happen to have that receipe for ice please forward my way. I'm tired of drinking my rum and cokes without the rocks.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 03:12 PM

Tequila and I are no longer talking, the lawyers have the divorce papers.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 03:32 PM

Choo Choo! I couldn't remember who recommended the tequila shot in the Belikin.. that must have been a joke! The best tequila Fido's had was... Cuervo Gold (Don't quote me on this. I just know they don't have Patron.) Anyway, I barely recovered from that evening! Let's just say I DON'T recommend that drink... and I didn't think the combo tasted good either. smile The following day was low-key, to say the least! LOL! I recommend Belikin alone or rum and anything! smile

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 03:56 PM

From the overall impression from this post, is that Rum is the way to go! Afterall, Rum goes with almost anything!
Posted By: fuzzy_navel

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 04:01 PM

Well darn! I thought Chooch had given me another addiction (I tried the One Barrel and coffee after his suggestion and loved it). Either way, I'm going to give the Beliken and tequila a shot next time and see what happens eek .
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 04:48 PM

Ah, you can warm up your palate by using a decent domestic beer (bottled, not too dark) and a nice tequila. I'm partial to several brands of the Reposado variety. Nice and rough.

travelqueen--ya need to get tougher. I mean, that combination WAS originally whipped up by two gals! The one at my house and the one next store. Both are kinda whusses when it comes to anything distilled, much less mixing brew and spirits. You need to try it again because something was wrong the first time.

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 05:12 PM

Maybe it was the tequila... I prefer Patron. However, the bartenders at Fido's thought I had lost my mind when I ordered the combo drink... Too bad my mind wasn't all I lost that night... kidding!!!!!!!

fuzzy, report back!
Posted By: PattiCake

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 05:28 PM

While on the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test trip (a personal one I took with good buddies) we REALLY overdid many dosages of tequila and I cannot stand the taste/smell/thought of it for decades now. We never had rum in the house as my Dad had o/d'ed on IT many times during the war and couldn't even LOOK at the bottle without nausea.
Posted By: mimi

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 05:42 PM

i ALWAYS blame it on the tequila.

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 11:39 PM

Dogma, your logo's losing it!

Dr. Van, I was going to look for my ice recipe and post it here for ya, but I've lost it. Up until this week I just walked outside and broke a chunk off the roof, so the recipe hasn't been needed for a while.

Re: Beliken - 04/07/05 11:44 PM

great tequila = Don Hulio
Posted By: streetchie

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 12:11 AM

Don Julio?

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 12:34 AM

The tequila we drank on the EKAT had a dead worm in the bottle. It was dynamite BAAAD (good) stuff.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 12:48 AM

Patron Gold rocks!

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 12:56 PM

If it has a worm, it's Mescal, not Tequila.

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 02:29 PM

hey, that's pretty good for an aggie.

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 06:08 PM

Dog,
You should get help for that obsession.

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 06:57 PM

when I see you user name, i just can't help it. i'll work on it, though
Posted By: mimi

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 08:04 PM

hey now!

You just leave him alone, cuz everyone knows that life's too short not to live it as a Texan.

xoxo

Re: Beliken - 04/08/05 11:10 PM

The wandering eye seems to be developing astigmatism.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Beliken - 04/09/05 05:06 AM

FUNNY! I am sitting in my house in the states, drinking a BELIKIN after a stressful week here. Feel great thinking of wonderful San Pedro and a Belikin in my hand. Scubaron-BELIKIN TASTES LIKE BELIZE...NO COMPARISON TO OTHERS!!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Beliken - 04/14/05 05:39 AM

17 days until my next Beliken on the beach!

Re: Beliken - 04/14/05 01:21 PM

1 day until mine. smile
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: Beliken - 04/14/05 10:25 PM

14 LOOOOOOONG DAYS TILL I GET MINE!!
Posted By: klcman

Re: Beliken - 04/15/05 12:23 AM

tipping one right now wink
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board