AmbergrisCaye.com Home

The passing of BNM

Posted By: Wyoming Carla

The passing of BNM - 05/12/05 03:15 PM

Hard to believe Bob has been gone for 24 years, yesterday.....Jah Bless Robert Nesta Marley
Posted By: RobertE

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/12/05 09:04 PM

Yes what a shame. But do not fret as the line up for the XX annual Reggae on the Rocks was announced today. Saturday, August 20th at Red Rocks Amphitheatre - over 12 hours of Righteous Reggae in the mile HIGH city !

Israel Vibration, Yellowman, Half-Pint, and more !

Tell Tina I'll wear my washable shoes again just in case :p wink

"We're going to the party
And I hope you are hardy
So please don't be naughty
For it's a punky reggae party"

Well you can be naughty if you want :p :p eek
Posted By: Teenah

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 05:32 AM

Oh Chucky Bob :rolleyes:

You are so in trouble. I'll hold off on the "Robert" stories...for now, but watch
it!

August 20th is ingrained in my brain. Is it two days again, or just one? Israel Vibration. Wow. When you find out who the 'and more' artists are, let me know. Website? Mike may be
visiting then and would enjoy that. Count us in!

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 02:02 PM

Yah Mon!!! I can't - WON'T - speak for Teenah, but I promise I won't Hurl on your sandals! laugh laugh laugh

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 04:19 PM

OK, now you're in trouble. Stop now seester or the Winnie Mandela stories will start.

Do I have to separate you and Robert?

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 05:17 PM

Heavens no...I wouldn't dream of THAT....we just need to separate you a little earlier from your One Barrel...hehe hehe hehe laugh laugh laugh Who would come hail you from the infirmary? I've baby sat your a$$ at Red Rocks before...Robert's turn again! With Love, Winnie

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 05:44 PM

Hmmm. Red Rocks seems like a dangerous place indeed. Isn't wasn't One Barrel Carla, it was Fat Tire.

So, tell me about these Winnie stories....
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 06:24 PM

I'd like more info on this too (the concert not the stories! wink ) Website?

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 07:22 PM

redrocksonline.com It is an outdoor ampitheatre down by Denver that pulls in some killer bands. Check it out! It's an awsome place to go to a concert.

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 08:08 PM

Barb - Reggae on the Rocks is the oldest continual annual event at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO. Is is August 20th this year (Saturday) and goes typically from 1 PM until midnight. Tickets runs round $40 and are general admission. I usually show up around noon and I am always in the front 5 rows.

Red Rocks is a great place for a show especially a reggae concert (except Jamaica or Belize). There are vendors selling reggae merchandise and jamican food too. The line up starts typically with a few local bands and goes to the headliner.
www.billbass.com will have the line up. It isn't online just yet but tickets are available from ticketmaster.

This year the line up is Judge Roughneck (good local ska band) Matisyahu ( a Hassidic Jew/ Reggae artist - an interesting combo), Half Pint, Yellowman and a few others. I'll keep posting details as they come in. Feel free to join the group. it will be a party
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 09:21 PM

I've been to Red Rocks before but not for reggae. Sounds great!

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 09:53 PM

OH MAN! I can't wait.....Teenah is giving me hell at lunch about my posts....back me up Robert! laugh laugh laugh

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/13/05 10:50 PM

Hmm I might be babysitting both of you ladies. I mean DB's, ladies is too nice a word wink :p

Or you guys might have to babysit me. We'll have to take Teenah's big truck this year and tailgate and pace ourselves wink Maybe Mich can babysit all of us? What am I getting myself into here eek

http://www.halfpintmusic.com

http://www.lunaeterna.net/popcult/yellow.htm

http://www.nigeria-arts.net/Music/Reggae/Majek_Fashek/

http://www.israelvibration.net/

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/24/05 07:23 PM

Ok....we'll babysit you Robert. (we tinks we OWE you one or ten) Got tickets yet? laugh laugh laugh

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/24/05 07:36 PM

Carla - not yet. I was gonna ask Teenah Weenah how many we should get

Re: The passing of BNM - 05/24/05 09:29 PM

well so far...me, Anit, Mich, and maybe Michael from SP....sure hope so. Den isn't into Reggae. Is Loie coming this year? If Michael doesn't come, you will be surrounded. Poor guy! laugh laugh laugh We'll let you know as soon as we get a for-sure head count, bud. Thanks for taking care of business, as usual.

Re: The passing of BNM - 08/15/05 09:26 PM

RobertE......yoo hoo.....are you ready to PARTY Mon? You better get that way!!! laugh laugh laugh

Re: The passing of BNM - 08/16/05 03:49 PM

Carla - I've been ready. Is it Saturday yet?

Re: The passing of BNM - 08/16/05 04:35 PM

soon.....very very soon! laugh laugh laugh

Re: The passing of BNM - 08/17/05 03:42 AM

Fasten your seat belts Bobby! See you Thursday.

smile
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board