AmbergrisCaye.com Home

HELLLPPP! For my menu...

Posted By: PattiCake

HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 10:18 PM

This week, my dears, I (so, so proudly) announce that I am working the chipwagon for the Mopar Internationals (INRA) at Grand Bend Ontario. Let me first describe my facility (chipper) to you. I have a large charbroiler (bbq). I have a flat top (like a cast iron frying pan but huge) and I have deep fryers. At this event, I am working mostly "the pits" where guys service their cars that are in the competition. But I will attempt to serve about 1000 people a day (mostly guys, mostly single, YES my wardrobe is ready!).

I was hoping to vary my menu a bit, not just burgers,hot dogs, footlongs, chicken & fishburgers. So I am looking for variations on a)my existing stuff, for eg. cheesy chili fries and b)new stuff you folks have had in fast food/carnival food that impressed you. I only have three days to plan. And then I am into the thick of things, and wondering which room I can use to store all my money.

The "joint" (carny-talk for game/food concession) next to me sells fajitas and Philly steaks so despite all the recipes and encouragement from dear Denny, Philly steak expert extraordinaire, I shan't be stepping on her toes THIS year.

I am the only joint with REAL fries - everyone else is frozen. Yeah!! and thanx ahead of time all contributors. There's a burger in it for ya!

So, toppings for fries, unusual burgers etc. is what I am looking/dying for. Oooh my nerves are fried, my to-do lists are long! Love y'all!
Posted By: papashine

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 10:30 PM

Mugs of soup with a sandwich.

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 10:46 PM

Tuna melts okay, Papa? Oh and NO green bean salad, in case anyone was going to suggest....

It is going to be HOT, maybe record HOT here this week, so I thought soup would be out. But can do some interesting salads like my (famous/infamous) creamy chicken caesar pasta salad. Or greek salad, with a grilled chicken breast added.
Posted By: bywarren

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 10:51 PM

Have you tried french fried sweet potatoes?

Or lamb burgers. Ground lamb mixed with feta cheese and the usual seasonings.

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:05 PM

Warren dahling, YES!!! My sweet potato fries are a huge hit, and you know what? I also do turnip (rutabaga) fries. MMMmmmm, with gravy, you think you just had Christmas dinner! Lamb burgers don't go over well but I (am ashamed to say) adore cooking and eating lamb (sorry folks).
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:14 PM

How about pita bread? Have a bunch of filling recipes. My favorite, and anyone from Iowa will know this one: It is called Maid rites or a loose meat sandwich. Can be made up in a big batch in a crockpot. Really easy, and one guys love.
Posted By: sev32665

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:20 PM

Huge turkey legs are always a hit (can be found at every fair and even Disney World here in Florida). If doing drinks(non-alcoholic of course) frozen lemonaid is great! i guess if you wanted to try it alcoholic way,could try using Mike's hard lemnonaide.
Posted By: reaper

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:28 PM

They'll all be so tanked on "Blue" and CC so who will notice your great cooking??? I say give 'em Soy bean burgers and Costco hot dogs and run right to TD bank with all those hard earned loonies!!!! Then you can make a trip to AC to invest the $$$ in some one barrel and the BHL!!! laugh cool

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:29 PM

Or just deep fry some Twinkies and Snicker bars!!!! cool

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:42 PM

Maid Rite, Muscatine, Iowa 1926. I was their first customer. laugh
Posted By: ckocian

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:54 PM

Chicken tacos on soft flour tortillas with avocado and salsa. Mmmmmmm.
Posted By: klcman

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:57 PM

hmmmmm let's see 1926...79 yrs ago. Assume age of 6 for the "lil by"s first visit, give or take, that makes you 85....sounds appro pro to your portrait laugh

Muscatine is an interesting city.

and I agree with the HocCaye mogul, just fry up some twinkies & snickers!

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/05/05 11:57 PM

That stuff doesn't sell in the great white north...land of chicken wings and ceasar salads! can you even get torts north of Niagra? Making ME hungry though!!!!! cool

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:15 AM

forget torts, that will only bring out the lawyers!

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:23 AM

I am surrounded by dessert "joints" caramel corn, candy apples, cinnamon buns, so dessert is not my problem. Plus, you need fresh, fresh oil (no previous use) to do Mars bars etc., but love ya for suggesting!

Warren, you old coot. Going to play in the BHL ol'timers???

Reaper, still high, eh? Am going to do chicken wings with my FAVOURITE combo: 1/2 run for the lake hot sauce, one half honey garlic. It is so GOOD!

And Reaper, they are not tanked at 11:00 a.m. But I am also right next to the beer garden, so imagine I'll be going late!

Will do a pita with a grilled chicken breast sliced, as ckocian and sev suggested. Thanx 1,000,000, sweeties!

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:24 AM

Klcman, I was still breast feeding at 6. Thinking about how good that was at my age now. Nourishing too. Ladies, men my age need nourishment.

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:35 AM

We'll do a thread about you later, Warren by', my luv, my trout. People warned me that my kids would get off the school bus and run for my [#%!].... and want their friends to share in cookies and milk... cannot believe I said that...

Posted by anonymous.

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:41 AM

By warren, any chance you went to the U. of Iowa?

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:50 AM

Drake

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:50 AM

ok, so who looks older - by or Pi?

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:56 AM

If you are talking about Pedro 1, I have to confess, I am older and wiser. :p

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:03 AM

Pita and chicken..canadian tacos,eh! what are you using for salsa,heinz or hunts ketchup???? laugh cool AND THEY ARE SO TANKED BY 11:00AM!!! They're Canadians AND rcaing fans! A lethal combo if I ever saw one!!!!
Posted By: indygal

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:06 AM

NO, Bywarren it can not be
Posted By: indygal

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:11 AM

Patti, you got to have home made Oatmeal and Chocolate chip Cookies. They will buy, I don't care how much fried sugar is around you. Have fun!! Make lots of money, then come to Belize. smile wink :p cool

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:18 AM

not Petey1, nt, Pi(asaino)

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:23 AM

OK, then I am only older.

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:49 AM

Reaper, I heard it from an undeniably reliable source that these guys are SERIOUS!!! Not drinkers until Sunday night, which is what I also shall be.

NYG says dawgs and beans. I'll maybe do garlic bread with that. WOW! Methane!

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:51 AM

What guys? confused

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:52 AM

I thought you're selling to the fans...not the drivers! cool

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:56 AM

1,000 mechanics? Sorry...I still thought fans also. I better stick to the BHL! laugh cool

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 02:04 AM

There will be fans, but for Thursday and Friday, I'm feeding the serious working men, and I hope they are all handsome, wealthy and SINGLE. And I WILL be the only place open for food... freaking out as I type this....

Remember, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach teehee..

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 11:54 AM

I think that last saying was developed by women who were either unwilling or lacking in certain other attributes. Now a woman that is willing, well attributed and a good cook - and does dishes, well that woman is well on her way to getting a man's heart and probably most of what else he has. smile
Posted By: Now Danny

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:23 PM

Patti, sell fresh apples for a dollar each. Put them in a basket on the floor, wear a low cut loose shirt and no bra. Make lot a money. wink

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 12:31 PM

That also made me think of when I got my last physical - I hope I meant my annual physical. This young whipper snapper of a doctor, hell he isnít even on social security yet, gives me the same advice every year that at my age I need to eat well and donít waste an erection, even if I am alone. I tell him every year that I cook myself very good and nourishing meals that I enjoy alone, but some things are better appreciated with company. Both do my heart good. wink
Posted By: SimonB

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:01 PM

As this is a Canadian event it only seems appropriate that you serve Beaver Tails with Hemp Salad.
Posted By: Hon

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:14 PM

Could you do scrambled eggs (maybe with onions, mushrooms, hot or sweet peppers, etc) and toast?

...but then again, if you're going for the methane factor, perhaps pickled eggs are in order eek

Hon
Posted By: RI Beth

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 01:38 PM

Hi Patti:

I like roasted red peppers and provolone cheese on burgers with roasted garlic mayo.

Burgers are great on toasted Portuguese muffins (like english muffins but bigger and a little sweet).

For dessert, how about strawberry shortcake, the kind with the soda biscuits? Try marinating the strawberries in balsamic vinegar and a little sugar. Doesn't taste vinegary at all. Really intense strawberry flavor!

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 03:44 PM

I once dated a girl with Portuguese muffins ...and you're right. They were bigger AND sweeeter than English muffins! laugh

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 03:53 PM

Five minutes in the penalty box!
Posted By: RobertE

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 04:05 PM

Breakfast burritos. Egg, potatoes, peppers, onions, cheese. Easy to make on a flattop grill and cheap. Make a bunch in advance that morning, wrap in foil and they hold under a heat lamp fairly well. Serve with some salsa in the little 2 ounce cups/ with lids
Posted By: RI Beth

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 06:18 PM

Reaper shocked laugh
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 08:04 PM

Some ideas (maybe not good one) I came up with:

Breakfast:

Belize Burrito or The Mopar Wrap; homefries, eggs, refried beans, breakfast sausage, cheese and salsa wrapped in a flour tortilla. Easy to handle.

Lunch:

Hot Sausage Sandwhich. We used to drive to Syracuse for the NY State fair, just for the sausage sandwhiches. Lots of onions and grease!!! Yumm....

Chili Dog!

That's what I used to buy at the fair.

How about Putin from Quebec, may work good with your fries and adding chili really kicks it up a notch - BAM! Oh, now everyone will know who I am!!!

The fast food joints here on the island make these killer burritos. They keep em' skinny for easy handling but stuff em' with marinated flank steak and grilled unions and cheese. Onions soaked in vinegar and habanero makes a killer relish.

FROZEN LIME JUICE - Killer
Iced Tea with fresh mint leaves - refreshing!

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 08:52 PM

Dinner plate sized "Indiana breaded pork tenderloin" on a bun.

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 09:43 PM

L&T...Don'T bread the soccer team!! (Just got out of the sin bin)! cool
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/06/05 09:55 PM

How about serving a Belizean favorite: Stewed pigtail, rice and beans?
Posted By: Danl & the Boop

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/08/05 03:21 AM

Patti; How about peameal bacon in Jack Daniels B.B.Q. sauce with peppers and onions on the grill with J. D. sauce served on a hamburg bun, yum, yum. laugh
Dan'l
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/08/05 03:31 AM

100% Gringo eh?
Posted By: marge

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/08/05 03:35 AM

Patticake,

I think we'll have to come and visit you this week-end. We live 40 miles south of the Port Huron MI bridge to Sarnia. Went to Grand Bend for our first date, lets see, on July 28, 1968. What a hoot. Where's the race?
Posted By: Danl & the Boop

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/08/05 04:07 AM

We can only be what we can be, Jesse shocked
Posted By: Hon

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/08/05 11:49 AM

Hi Marge,

Patticake might be too busy with prep this week to respond so http://www.grandbendmotorplex.com/ will have the information you need.

The grounds aren't huge so you should be able to find Patti easily.

Have a good time reliving the first date...sounds like a fun thing to do after all these years laugh

Hon
Posted By: marge

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/09/05 02:02 AM

Thanks for the web address, Hon!

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/13/05 05:33 AM

Oh my! Perhaps you came to the race Marge and I was in the ajoining ancient Winnebago either slitting my throat or tearing my hair out!!!!

Had a few PROBLEMS to iron out (generators, water supply, one hundred oversexed men) but... I SURVIVED and will live to entertain y'all further after I make up for SIXTEEN hours sleep in four days!!!! And it sure as hell wasn't the men that kept me up!

I can still say confidently that I am a born-again virgin. After the exhaust fan in the chipper QUIT, our temperature in there was in excess of 120 for SIX hours. I actually became disoriented in the middle of an order of SIX footlongs and five burgers, and threw ALL the cheese OUT the window!

Hamburger, NO cheeseburger!!! COKE (sponsor), no [email protected]!!
Posted By: Chloe

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/13/05 07:11 PM

Girlfriend you need a backup plan......for sure.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: HELLLPPP! For my menu... - 06/13/05 07:22 PM

hmmmm..?

no water, generator out, hot, no A/C.....

...sounds like a ordinary day here laugh

How did you do?

Did ya' add anything new to the menu?

Ready for a trip to SP?
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board