AmbergrisCaye.com Home

I've got a question...

Posted By: Denny Shane

I've got a question... - 08/15/05 04:20 PM

Of all the places on AC, where have you found to be the best place to meet board members? eek
Posted By: govikes

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 04:58 PM

BC's of course and Coconet Internet. But I haven't me you at either of them yet Denny....... :p
Posted By: RMT

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 05:01 PM

I would say BC's. Everytime we are down we always meet at least one person from the board there......never fails. Of course you probably can't go wrong with any of the bars on the island..... :rolleyes: :p
Posted By: Gela

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 05:33 PM

I have to agree with everyone on BCs. I walked in there an hour after I arrived on AC on Saturday and met just about everybody that's here; govikes, sdemaio, bywarren, etc. "If you just sit there - they will come" laugh
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 05:54 PM

palapa bar!
sunday jam!
who will be there on 8/28 or 9/4 cool

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 06:24 PM

now govikes, aren't you sweet. I promise when I am coming, you'll be among the first to know eek
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 06:27 PM

you know we're there on the 4th!
Posted By: reaper

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 07:32 PM

In the new jail...mostly...or BC's...or hammock house...or the palapa bar...or the jump plane... laugh

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 07:43 PM

reaper, when you leave one bar do you leave an itinery also? eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 07:57 PM

No...just the tab for papashine to pay! cool
Posted By: Littleengine

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 11:50 PM

Hmmm.... related question... Most posters don't have pics, so apart from walking into a bar and saying 'hello, my board name is....., but my real name is.....' how will you know if any of the people you see/meet in a bar, on the street, at a hotel, etc... are fellow board members? Who's in charge of the nametags? laugh

Re: I've got a question... - 08/15/05 11:54 PM

last year at BCs we just yelled out the names of people we figured would be there - after 4 or 5 rum punches it is not even slightly embarassing - at least not to me wink

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 12:08 AM

Yeah... I can remember being in BC's one night and a girl was walking around shouting for "big weiner"

It got embaressing. "Hi, I'm looking for a big weiner?" "Hello? is there a big weiner here?" eek
Posted By: WhiteWater

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 12:43 AM

LOL....too funny. We'll make sure to stop in to BC's and listen for the shouting, or shout on our own, as soon as our feet hit sand.
Posted By: Gwennan

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 02:13 AM

funny, that reminds me of the movie Porkys and the search for michael hunt, anyone remember that??
Posted By: klcman

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 02:34 AM

I know someone who actually had him paged in a Wal-Mart!

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 02:49 AM

hear all kindsa weird stuff goes on at wm

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 02:58 AM

reminds me of a guy from Iraq I used to work with at Best Products about 25 years ago. His name was Peter Hari. I had to fill out his time card last name first. Some things you just never forget! cool
Posted By: pnowell

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:34 AM

BC's, Coconets or Crazy Canuks. Sometimes ya just have to guess who are boarders.
Posted By: sev32665

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:38 AM

hey reaper--i worked at a best products also but only about 20 yrs ago, here in florida--where was the one you worked at and in what dept? i started in the photo/electronics dept(think it was because i knew how to use a typewriter) then got transferred to a position in the office.

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:41 AM

Reaper, that is funny. I worked in human resources before I had kids, some really funny names out there..I had a Sunday Feathers, Shithead Patel (pronounced Shi-Theed, as she pointed out when I was speechless trying to hand her a paycheck), and a Violet Lavender.
Peter Hari, that is such a hoot!

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:58 AM

sev32665, Montclair,CA...mgr.trainee in the warehouse. Saved by the call from the fire chief! That was the worst job EVER!!! But we fired a lot of people for some really entertaining stuff! Remember the tubes to shoot orders upstairs? One guy hated it there so much he shot the fire hose down all the tubes! Another guy rode a wagon down the conveyer belt and really wrecked himself. 3 mgrs. got canned for sexual harrasment. Two guys got caught in the mens room...., a new guy fell into the trash compactor, an employee pulled a pocket knife on me and demanded more overtime, he got hospital AND jail time instead, and I only worked there about 13 months! The day they promoted me to asst. mgr. I quit! 60 or more hours a week for $9600 a year! Enough of that...I'm getting BAD FLASHBACKS!!!!!!! laugh
Posted By: SimonB

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:58 AM

I was at a car show back in the 80's and they broadcast over the PA for Mike Hunt to please come to someplace or the other. The girl announcing got all the way through her message before a pregnant pause and then an oh!. The place went dead silent for a second before the whole crowd broke out laughing. Later on while working for National Trust I ran into a guy in one branch whose name really was Mike Hunt. Never did understand what the hell his parents were thinking and I never did like asking the receptionist to put me through to his phone.

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 04:02 AM

One final goofy name. I used to skydive with a girl from Canada named Joan Laufingbuesch. She was known around the DZ as the happy clam! cool

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 01:11 PM

PRICELESS!!!
Posted By: Hon

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 02:01 PM

Not the name of a person but a product...

A few years back I was standing in a long checkout line at the grocery store. The man in front of me had forgotten to pick up one on the specials of the week, York Pork Hocks so rather than go back and get them himself he asked the cashier to page the meat department and get someone to bring them to him.

So the cashier gets on the intercom...'Meat Department, please bring two pounds of York Pork Hocks to customer at Lane 3. Two pounds of York Hocks to Lane 3.' I nearly fell down laughing!!!

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:06 PM

Hon...excellent!!!you win! laugh
Posted By: Now Danny

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:21 PM

When my girls we going to Notre Dame Acadamy for Girls high school an anouncement came over the intercom. "There's a pontiac grand prik in the parking lot with it's lights on. The whole school was laughing
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:33 PM

Ah, brings back memories of me alma mater: http://www.peterheadacademy.com
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 03:52 PM

Be wary of those newbies in bars -- the first time I was to meet boarders in a bar, I arrived very early (Mr Malibu is getting better at that, now we are only 20-30 min early instead of an hour!!!). Anyway -- I asked the people sitting next to me if they were boarders -- they looked at me like I had asked them to have sex with me - and said NOoooo... Obviously they were newbies and had never been on the board before. Made me feel like a big 'ol dummy. law speaks de truth, after a couple panty rippers (my drink of choice) I didn't care.

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 04:18 PM

You may have had better luck if you had ask them to have sex! eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 04:37 PM

Ah, Your Honor, that's one of the things I love about you - you never give up your dreams wink
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 04:46 PM

i've never heard obsessive compulsive disorder described that way before. eek
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 04:59 PM

Thanks Denny, I'll try that next time. eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 05:08 PM

Hey CatMo...what do the cheerleaders chant at soccer games at your alma mater? Go Peterheads, Go Peterheads!!! laugh

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 05:13 PM

well law, when you do without sometimes it's all you think about. lol eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 05:14 PM

dog... funny my psych said the same thing last week. eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 05:15 PM

hey mailbu... don't mention it, that's what I am here for eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 05:46 PM

I'm tellin ya judge - California is the place ya oughtta be wink Come see us - we'll fix ya right up!

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 06:16 PM

Maybe I should tell ya my criteria first... they are below...

1. She's gotta be breathing on her own.

Well that about wraps up what I look for nowadays in a woman. eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 06:21 PM

Are you kidding me - all the great fresh air we got here in CA - everybody breathes - heck - just last night I got a call from some guy breathing really heavy wink Come see us!

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 07:39 PM

Hey law... I swear that wasn't me... Calif wasn't on my schedule last night... I was doing Baltimore eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 07:41 PM

laugh

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 08:03 PM

I rolled over in bed last night and woke up to the sound of some heavy breathing.......it was my dog, he wanted to go outside. cool

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 08:26 PM

lol gwennan eek

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 08:27 PM

Gwennan...at least it was just the dog and not Shithead Patel!!! laugh

Re: I've got a question... - 08/16/05 08:45 PM

Yeah, that would have been messy! LOL
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board