AmbergrisCaye.com Home

whats a group of young adults to do for news year

Posted By: gina

whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/09/05 09:54 PM

We are coming to san pedro for news year and we have rented a villa any information about what to bring or expect will be greaty read and sought out..........any hot spots day trips, good place to dance, drink, swim, anything people I am counting on you for information
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/09/05 11:10 PM

well Gina... that time of year, especially around midnight, it might get just a bit cool and breezy... I would bring a light jacket, just to be safe. As far as where to go it might help if you told us where you were staying, north? south? in-town?
Posted By: spl

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/10/05 09:16 AM

everything is happening here on New Years, you'll end up everywhere and home by 8am.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/10/05 03:20 PM

If you can remember where home is!

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/20/05 07:22 PM

We are suppose to be staying near sweet basil and palapa bar but after reading such scary things about north end I am not quite so sure
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/20/05 07:28 PM

North end isn't scary - just a little less action and a little more work to get back and forth.

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/20/05 08:33 PM

If you're staying in the Tres Cocos area (between the former Sweet Basil and Palapa) you'll be a quick ride into town. No worries at all it's a beautiful area.
Posted By: HavinFun

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/20/05 08:54 PM

It is a beautiful area and Tres Cocos is a great snorkel. We stayed in the area last Christmas and it can turn a little cool at night that time of year - if you are cold natured bring a light jacket, as Denny said.
Any place is a good place to dance - BC's, Fido's, Mango's, Crazy Canuck's, Hammock House, The Palapa Bar, the beach, a pier, etc.

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/20/05 10:28 PM

It seems that I have tried to book else where and everything is booked solid, i am not regreting my choice because its afforable and booked. (but i thought if we could be closer to the town it would be nice but theres always next time)

is the ferry or flying to get the island better?

Is there local police and are the strict with any laws that we should know?

How far of a walk is it from sweet basil to town?

Our villa has a its own dock (we think) so is water taxis a better way to go, personally i think I would enjoy the freedom of a golf cart considering the roads I am not all that sure but I trust each of your judgements

should we look into getting a golf cart for the week, are we able to leave it at the bar and to trek back to our villa.

Thanks for everyone input keep the info comming.
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/20/05 11:22 PM

Fly, fly, fly... 10 minutes and you're there... as to dunno 1 hour rocking back and forth, splashing in the water... speeding... not my cup of tea at all.

yes, there are local police... eek

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 01:01 AM

Fly.

Yes. You can drink booze when walking but it must be in a "haul your ass" glass, weed is illegal and will get you a nice room.

20 minutes plus ferry time.

In your case a golf cart would be more efficient. Anywhere north of Tres Cocos the water taxi would be better.

Yes, you can take it to your villa.
Posted By: spl

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 02:53 AM

what is scary about the north, what did you hear? The north is very peaceful, beautiful and not scary.
Posted By: KC

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 05:24 AM

Ditto what spl said.

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 03:29 PM

I have read about late nigth being very dark, roads are in terrible conditon. i suppose maybe scary wasnt the best word to us. i have travlled a bit and being in any dark place isnt all that appealing and after drinking was too much

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 03:31 PM

Whats haul your ass glass......is that why we need to bring traveller mugs. should i book the flight on-line before we arrive, What happens if our international flight is delayed and we have already paid for our tickets to the island. Are we able to book a the airport once we arrive

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 03:43 PM

another question? How much US dollars should we bring for food and drinks for a week

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 05:44 PM

o.k We have found another place that is still avalible

Happy and grumpy 3 bedroom apt

What do you guys think should we cancel our up north villa.

Our main intentions is to relax and party and explore so i really think being in town will help to assit us in this but who am i to really know you guys are the ones with the experience
Posted By: Hon

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 06:23 PM

First off, I think Grumpy and Happy is a little bit further from the centre of town than where you are staying. Secondly, if you are worried in the dark, regardless where you stay you had better bring a flashlight every where you go after sunset. Once you get out of the 'downtown' area things are not lit up like they are in Toronto smile

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 08:10 PM

thanks for the response, your're right there is not much differnce in distance just avoiding the ferry. The apt is cheaper and with the money we are going to save we can get a golf cart for the week and fly into the island without having more extra cost once we arrive.
Posted By: KC

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 10:58 PM

I assume the villa up north is on the beach or at least very near. Is that important to you?

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/21/05 11:02 PM

not all that really, the condo/apt has a pool and i am assuming there are public beaches we can attend to

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/22/05 03:26 PM

Which property are you staying at exactly? Can't remember who has a pool in that area. All beaches are public and a "haul your ass glass" is a plastic cup.

For money it all depends on what you want to eat. If you stick to local spots for food you can eat well for about $10US per day. Eat at restaurants and the sky's the limit but I would count on at least $30US pp per day. Beer runs $1.75-4US depending on where you buy, local rum drinks are $2-4US depending on where you buy and top shelf runs $3.50-6 depending on where you buy.

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/28/05 06:38 PM

We have booked the 3 bedroom apt, at Happy and grumpy place. We will have a great time regardless.

Next question ,thinking about going to the ruins, should we spend ou first night in belize city then take a flight to san pedro or leave one night earlier and go see them and depart on our international flight.

Are we going to need water shoes for swiming.

Should we buy some duty free liquor prior to our arrival.

What nights are the hot spots for crazy parties.

you guys have been a wealth of information.

Do I need to apply in order to become apart of the anti social club?
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/28/05 07:50 PM

Gina,
What kind of business do you own?

Go directly to San Pedro.

No shoes for swimming needed.

Buy duty free liquor.

Don't worry about hot spots -- you will find them from the noise......just stop and join in.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/28/05 11:20 PM

money, for food and drinks? Depends on how much you drink and what kind of food you eat! You can eat for $8 per person a day here to $50 per person per day. then drinks...Simon is right on with alcohol prices and you can figure that with how much you drink.
Posted By: seashell

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/29/05 04:36 AM

Someone new to SP will probably have a hard time connecting to the 'right' places to keep to a budget of $8 per day.
Posted By: Valentine

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/29/05 05:42 AM

Any leads on where the "right" places are for food and bevies?
Thanks!
Shell

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/29/05 06:42 AM

Valentine, are you asking about the "right" places to bring your meal budget in under $8 per day? Or are you just after some of the recommended places to eat in general?

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/29/05 07:14 AM

the reason I wrote $8-60 is I have run across many, many travelers here who are eating for that amount! There are tons of places in the park, on front street, and tons spread throughout with big meals for under $3 us, some $4 big enough for two!

For breakfast today I spent $0.75 and had a heavy meal. I had a huge buritto and meat pie for lunch today and spent $2.25 us.
For dinner Chicken Lo Mein for $3 US. Last night Fry Chicken with Fried Rice $2.50 us.

That is why I mentioned it depends on what kind of food they like.

Do they like to dine out, do they like to dine fancy? Do they enjoy trying really local places along the way.

Valentine, please let us know what you are looking for, what 'right' means for you so we can assist.

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/29/05 05:46 PM

I know that ke, but I meant that new travelers to San Pedro don't always find those places, or if they do, are concerned that they aren't safe.

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/29/05 06:55 PM

ah yes, I figured you ment they dont find the places. I just wanted to know what they were looking for so if they were trying to find the 'right' places (which I think they ment the good deal places) I could give specific directions to at least 10 of them. wink

and I promise they are directions to safe places! Going on 3 months of eating at them daily.
Posted By: klcman

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/29/05 09:22 PM

One "right" place would be 50 yds N of Banyan Bay, opposite side of the road.

If I mention the name, Jesse will kill me! laugh

another would be on Middle Street, little hole in the wall with a name that sounds like "those who settle disputes with guns & bombs" wink

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/29/05 09:42 PM

why would ya wanna PM the info...mebbe there's other ppl who would want to know as well....why the secrecy? confused

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/30/05 07:50 PM

I own a decorating centre, supply the paint, flooring, fabrics, window coverning I do complete makeovers Color Your World is the company name and they are all over canada.

All this conversation over food just looking to stay healthy and sober me up once in a while nothing too fancey just looking for authentic foods

No one answered my other question what do I need to do in order to become a member of the anti-socail club.......

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/30/05 08:15 PM

send me $5,000 in small, unmarked, non-consecutively numbered bills
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/30/05 08:18 PM

I got some for ya but they all got the same number...

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/30/05 10:19 PM

hahahaha and they probably have your picture on them!

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 09/30/05 10:59 PM

Will I OWE U's work,,,,come on people work with me

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 10/01/05 12:03 AM

I think ya just were inducted

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 10/04/05 05:45 PM

Who makes the rules!!!!!

or should we start calling Klcman the boss
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 10/04/05 08:02 PM

klcman
went to that place a month ago & my burrito, i use that term loosely, had no more contents than some red liquid smeared on the tortilla. it used to be one of my favorite places but i will never go back again.
you would think they would treat the tourists as well as the locals to keep them coming back.

ke - would like to know where you got a heavy breakfast for .75

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 10/05/05 02:43 AM

which place Gay - in town or South? frown

and I'm NOT THE BOSS......if ya read the thread back far enuff, you'll find out who is! wink where the heck is the Prez anyway?

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 10/05/05 10:30 PM

WOW IT ALMOST SCARES ME WHEN YOU WRITE IN CAPITALS

he he he he he

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 10/05/05 11:22 PM

good! wink mission accomplished

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 10/14/05 09:19 PM

I was joking..............So are some customs down there we should know about
Posted By: KravMagaGal

Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year - 10/14/05 09:38 PM

I'll be coming to Belize in December, and I'm thinking of staying in Placencia, or Belmopan for the first three nights of my stay. I want to go to Tikal for an overnight, and then I'll be staying with friends in a timeshare for four nights on Ambergris. What's the weather like at that time of year? I know it's cool at night, but do I need to worry about a lot of rain? Do I need more than one book to read in case of inclement weather?
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board