AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: kitty not much happening - 10/16/05 05:54 PM
just chilling out anyway
Posted By: SimonB Re: not much happening - 10/16/05 06:17 PM
Says you, have you looked at TD24 out in the Caribbean? That'll be fun to watch over the next week.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ (Stay away you bastard!)
Posted By: MALIBU Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 02:45 PM
I'ts coming straight for you! That's what Channel 11 here says anyway. Batten down the hatches and get out of dodge.
Posted By: Otteralum Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 02:55 PM
Praying that Wilma is a dud.....
Posted By: SimonB Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 02:56 PM
Gonna go North (he says with his fingers crossed.)

"WILMA IS THE 21ST NAMED STORM OF THE 2005 ATLANTIC
HURRICANE SEASON... WHICH TIES THE RECORD SET BACK IN 1933." (NOAA)
Posted By: WhiteWater Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 03:12 PM
Who was complaining about not much happening and ruined our quiet steak!?! :: grin :: I swear we didn't bring the weather with us, honest. Let's all cross our fingers and watch close. Maybe she'll be contrary and decide to visit Spain.

~ MJ
Posted By: Redmondlaw Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 04:23 PM
The day we got electricity back after Rita (15 glorious days of instant coffee), I booked Christmas on AC. I have my fingers crossed, but I did the same for Rita and look how that turned out.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 04:28 PM
http://www.comics.com/comics/franknernest//archive/images/franknernest2732600051017.jpg
Posted By: WhiteWater Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 05:17 PM
:-)
Posted By: MALIBU Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 07:59 PM
Hey Redmondlaw! I was only out of power for 2 days.......that was the longest 3 weeks I ever spent in 2 days! Whew,,,,it was terrible. I don't know how you stood it for 3 weeks! Did you stay in your house the entire time? Let me guess, you live in New Caney or Jasper or Lumberton. Do I win a prize?
Posted By: SimonB Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 10:13 PM
Some good news:

TS WILMA Discussion 9

"The 12z runs of the NOGAPS and UKMET
models have shifted northward by about 200 miles and no longer
drive Wilma into Belize."
Posted By: Redmondlaw Re: not much happening - 10/17/05 10:44 PM
Malibu: So close! Sour Lake. We started to evacuate, got to Lake Charles five hours later, got bored and came back home. We were well-stocked and had two generators, a room air conditioner, and a gas grill. Lucky too, cause we didn't see another human being for four days after the storm.
Posted By: MALIBU Re: not much happening - 10/18/05 02:10 PM
Glad you made it thru OK...sounds like your generators and a/c and gas grill made you quite comfy!!!
Posted By: Redmondlaw Re: not much happening - 10/18/05 02:22 PM
Comfy enough, but crowded. Me, my husband, two 20-something daughters, 15 year old son, and 3 ferrets in the master bedroom (the only room w/ ac). Lasted 15 days, cured my empty nest worries in about 15 minutes.
Posted By: MALIBU Re: not much happening - 10/18/05 02:27 PM
.......laugh....... I'll bet it did! Nothin' like family together-ness! Our house-mates/Rita refugees bolted out of the house and sped home to Galveston first thing Sunday morning. They had only been at the house since the previous Monday but enough was enough. eek
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board