Stop Pollution - 10/30/05 02:59 PM

http://www.comics.com/comics/herman/archive/images/herman2005103104650.jpg
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 05:21 PM

Ha ha ha, and tsk tsk.
Posted By: weile

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 10:09 PM

Very funny Jesse :-)
For a second or two, I thought that it was about the pigs throwing paint buckets, styrofoam, plastic and, and, and on and alongside the road up north, not giving a crap about the future of the island. Well, that's another topic to look out for in "living In...". The cartoon is funny (and sadly relevant).
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 10:13 PM

Add to that: old appliances, transformers, batteries, etc........................ ........ ...... ....

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 10:30 PM

Yes, Malibu. Forgot those items. Other things recently spottet include construction material, treated pine with nails sticking out (cost me three flat tyres within the past three weeks) and oil drums, not to mention the paint thinner leftovers and the fiberglass insulation cut-offs.
I guess that some people think that as long as their beach front is pretty, nothing else matters.
Very sad - and extremely stupid!
Posted By: deacon+

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 10:37 PM

Does AC have a dump site?
Posted By: klcman

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 10:42 PM

yup

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 10:50 PM

Has anyone tried to get people together and clean up the mess?

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 11:23 PM

We have a dump site and some extremly hard working people picking up the trash.
Main problems are North and Lagoon where people just throw their shit, and town board have a hard time finding funds and transportation solutions.

See "keep it clean" in the Living-In-Belize forum.

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 11:28 PM

Does anyone have a pick-up truck? Anyone have time on there hands?
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 11:37 PM

BETA - Belize Eco Tourism Association.

I worked (past VP) in the mainland on the "Beta no litta" campaign including the adopt-a-highway program.

PM if interested in starting a chapter here. I can see if they are still functioning inland.

SIN
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Stop Pollution - 10/31/05 11:43 PM

deacon1369: The problem being discussed is mostly up north where there is no road for a pickup truck. And the problem will take a lot more than one person with "some time on their hands"
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board