AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne

Posted By: PattiCake

Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/20/05 06:08 PM

Time to partee, board friends! Which night will work the best? I have a case of champagne chilling in the snowbank for you and am preparing some treats for my guests - not fries this year but I'll make mostly dips and dippy things to dip in them (KLC - behave yourself!) We'll whoop it up!

I want to reveal a great idea for Christmas lights that I used when I lived in a snowy countryside with small children. Christmas Eve while their Dad distracted them, I would take brown paper lunchbags, even out the bottom with sand (or gravel) add tealights and make the most lovely runway down the driveway for Santa and his Sleigh! Believe it or not these lights burn for three hours and give off a lovely glow. You can put them anywhere outside in the snow. They even take wind and are a terrific surprise if your neighbours have children too! Hey, forget the kids! I LOVE them too!

This party is along the lines of the spontaneous winter suppers we used to have my dears (sorry, my deers) Tell me what you want me to prep or better still, tell me what you're bringing! Hope no one strips down this time. Denny, your cat cannot come, sorry. Do you still have her?

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/20/05 06:10 PM

Remembered I have a lovely hip of venison in the freezer - I'll start the marinade. Chloe... I'm hoping for something spicy from 'ya girl...
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/20/05 06:14 PM

Patticake your stocking will be filled with bottles of Hot Sauce, from me, spicy enough gal?
GAWD wish I were spicy, still!!!!!

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/20/05 08:44 PM

Chloe, maybe a spicy three cheese dip with some home-made garlic rusks - dip of monterey Jack, asiago and mascarpone, with little bits of red and green jalapenos OR...

a nice warm spicy cheese fondue with garlic rusks, cold (from the snowbank) champagne and (my personal fave with cheese fondue) fresh Granny Smith wedges. OKAY!!! Let's do it!
Posted By: klcman

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/20/05 11:12 PM

spicy lies in the eyes of the beholder.....

and I ALWAYS behave myself (well, mostly)

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/20/05 11:17 PM

wink

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/20/05 11:23 PM

I don't know KLC - my mood is changing - you can be as BAD as you wish but... this year the snow-writing will be spell checked AND analyzed for handwriting so puh-leeze... behave yourself accordingly. No more ... your pee, PamSue's signature, okay?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/20/05 11:49 PM

K, of course you always behave - the question is how? wink

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 01:50 AM

Rah rah Lawcu-cui!!!! Yahoo.

BUT.. Let's not hurt the good men. Love ya KLC

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 02:05 AM

Rememember KLC, you were such a BAD boy last year dipping everywhere... GO Ahead! Dip!
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 03:31 AM

I'd love to join.....I'll bring the green bean casserole....wonder where that db is. Perhaps this will draw him out of hiding and he'll attend too laugh
Double dip klc wink

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 04:37 AM

not THIS KLC, you must have him confused with somebody else......my story & I'm sticking to it.
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 04:38 AM

NYgal - DB usually shows up just in the nick of time... smile
Hi Chloe and klcman... How the heck are you all?

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 04:41 AM

Isle, you are a ray of sunshine, good to see ole friends during the holidays.

Klc is doing well. oops, Oh he can speak for himself if he gets his story to stick together.

Me, I'm just not spicy but otherwise doing my time.

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 04:41 AM

yo isle! wherethehellyabeengurl?

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 02:36 PM

I bet there's lots of spice left in Chloe laugh
We need to spice you up a little. Cinnamon and mistle toe eek

db............WHERE ARE YOU..said in loud voice for distance or underwater!!! wink

Silk....said in another loud voice cause she lives a long way from NY smile

Isle....welcome bring japaleno cheese and wine wink
been falling lately laugh
Wait, just bring the wine...... :p

T...u comming 2 wink
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 07:25 PM

Chloe - Plan another "wedding" smile That should get us laughing in no time!
NYgal - I'll bring lots of wine if we can skip the green bean casserole!
Klcman can NOT behave himself, a proven fact. He is a little better without the bad influence of DB!
Maybe we should mention the "M" word to get DB here.
We need to schedule a chat soon...
Merry Christmas to everyone!

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/21/05 11:49 PM

Hey DB -

how about dinner at the old PRH4 with "M", be sure to wear your salt encrusted Mayan sun goddess T and be prepared to chow down on GB casserole with fruit cocktail Jello for dessert!

(Think that will draw him out?)

Merry Christmas to all.....off in the early afternoon, hopefully to visit family in da Buckeye state. Flights all overbooked and I'll be first in line for the free ticket bump - forget that $200 voucher folks, I'm holding out for the better offers.

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/23/05 12:30 AM

Silk, you must come. HON will be leading the next day's exercise class! Dobe's in charge of security (why do I feel that's a good spot for him) Rich Guy's bringing the other two cases of champagne AND a big box of SEEGARS (where is that guy - still in jail over that bathing suit...??)!

Our Denny and Bill are the judges for the SNOW T-SHIRT contest. NYG it has been AGES since we enjoyed that GB cass, make plenty cuz this is going to last more than one day/night!

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/23/05 02:23 AM

I picked up more mushroom soup to enlarge that GB cass smile
Posted By: RobertE

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/23/05 02:58 AM

A snow t-shirt contest? That sounds very intriguing. Hmmmm....

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/23/05 03:06 AM

Roberto, should we build t-shirts from snow or just (how vulgar) throw snow on existing shirts? AND (seasonally) those t-shirts will be red this time, not beer-stained white like the bash around Easter (when Denny tripped over my cat).

I am planning an ice fishing contest as well although our temps are warming here and don't know if (the great, the mighty) St. Lawrence (just down the street) will co-operate... Dan&Boopie are "upstream" and can provide predictions.

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/23/05 03:07 AM

Sure hope Gay&David can make it...
Posted By: Danl & the Boop

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/23/05 03:32 AM

Hey Patti; cool We'll keep an eye on things for you from here, shocked just don't use the yellow snow in the T-shirt contest, tehehe laugh laugh
Oh by the way, what can we bring?? confused
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/24/05 11:59 PM

klc mad mad mad now instead of sugarplums dancing in my head, I am gonna be plague with that image! Thanks so very much! :p

NYP, you really didn't have to do the gb thing on my account, I mean YOU REALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO! I will have my pup make up a special dish just for youuuuu laugh
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/25/05 12:01 AM

Isle, hey lady! thanks for trying to ixnay the gb thang. Uhhhhh, but I think you have the influence thing backwards, I am an angel, a Christmas angel laugh

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/27/05 02:39 AM

On Thursday evening there will be a belly-dancing competition. NYG ALWAYS wins but the rest of us gals have been working on it. Denny is the judge.

Dan'l&Boopie, being Canadians, can judge the SNOW t-shirt. KLC knows the snow-writing contest best... AND we love him because he is a creativie writing expert.

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/27/05 03:24 AM

Oh, Oh, eek I have been found out! eek
The Booby inspector has been exposed.. Aarrggg mad
No problem, wink We'll be there with bifocals on. laugh

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/27/05 03:34 AM

Thousands of "M's" dancing in your head laugh
GB is gone...I sent it to Chester's smile

Isle has a Christmas Angel smile

HEY.....that new diamond belly ring will shine again this year!!! Right Denny wink

Danl & Boop...ya better wear more than that laugh

Chloe will have us all beat in the beauty 'Booooob' area unless there aren't any shelves left laugh
May I invite reaper? He's been quite active in our lives lately.......wheeeeeeeeee @120mph, right WCarla....pssst this should be fun..I see her facial cheeks flubbering in the wind laugh

PREZ for life of SPASC..... :p

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/27/05 03:35 AM

klc can be in many places at once, no? smile

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/27/05 04:34 PM

even without a split personality wink

where I be now?

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/28/05 02:09 AM

right here smile
I can see you too..... wink

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/28/05 03:13 AM

Hey how did my SHELF get into the sock drawer??

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/28/05 02:03 PM

PREZ.... confused

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/29/05 02:33 AM

Gawd Chlow, do we HAFTA get into the SHELF thang agin?
There ain't no shelves allowed in the snow t-shirt contest, girl!!!

Everybody, pack up your eggnog and potluck and head here in a hurry cuz the snow's meltin' in Montreal - the labels are falling from the champagne bottles and you're going to think you're getting California stuff when.... when.. it's real champagne from France 'an all. Nuthin' but the best for my boardies!

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/29/05 03:22 AM

Yo Patti frown Let's hope we get rid of all this freezing rain and that the only ice is in the champagne chiller! wink :rolleyes:
Hey NY. nope, just the bifocals laugh We'll have nice boobies to keep me warm! laugh

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/29/05 03:49 AM

DanBo: thankgawd we're close enough WE can bring in 2006 without these freeway rangers - don't mean that folks, STAY SAFE but hey, we knew this was a virtual party, so let's stay virtual (teehee) and have a blast without getting BUSTED!! Come one, come all! Stay for a month and bring your skiis!!!!

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/29/05 03:58 AM

Dobe, dobe, where have you been my lovely man? Fallen in love with someone, (other than me) neglected all of us.... well!!!! The party is in your honour, my love!! Welcome and happiness to you!!

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/29/05 04:06 AM

Bring your skiis, your snowshoes. Bring (especially) your big US bucks because, guess what? We don't care. We Canadians are just that sort of people that, if you're good-minded, we want you.

We've always been that way. Come and have a good time and make friends. God bless you all. We know you don't want war. We know you did not vote that way. Champagne and..... fresh, fresh OYSTERS to you all.

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/29/05 04:06 AM

Patti Patti, must have shelf or they would fall into the snow. BRRRRRRR!

What a party......no hangover no calories.

Do you make snow icecream?

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/29/05 04:10 AM

Chlow, Chlow, CHLOE!!!!!! Please just come, bring your lovely face too! I'll make snow sherbet, snow angels, snow daquiris, snow Belikens, darling there is a GREAT deal of snow here ...

Watch out for the yellow snow (Zappa & boop, respectively)

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/29/05 11:10 PM

nekkid snow angels are da best!

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/30/05 01:01 AM

Do Angels real or snow, have big butts? Don't ask why I asked? laugh

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/30/05 02:28 AM

omgggggggggg

(whatever ya do OWO, DO NOT GOOGLE IT!)

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/30/05 02:37 AM

LOL..ok no GOOGLE.

Re: Party between Christmas and New Years' - case of champagne - 12/30/05 03:20 AM

Yo Patti; eek We figured it was virtual, Hehehe, we will be attending a small (10 couples) house party here, but I'll bet your party produces less hangovers than this one will. wink I will however try to introduce a snow T-shirt contest. We will also be with you all in spirit (or is that spirits) laugh laugh
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board