AmbergrisCaye.com Home

NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids.

Posted By: ScubaLdy

NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 01/26/06 03:38 PM

I have been recruited to teach the kids photography. The easiest way is with instant feedback via digital cameras. We donít need anything fancy but Iím sure some of you have your first low meg digital camera that has been replaced.
I can sure use your donations.
Vernon Evan is heading up this project and doing a wonderful job. He suggested I get at least 6 cameras to start. We would do a lending library kind of thing after each child completed the class.
We also need a laptop computer with a program such as Photo Shop to teach them to fine tune their images.
Just think Ė we may open the door to the next Joe Miller!
wink
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 01/26/06 04:37 PM

Awww! What a great idea!! I will look around. I have my old Canon Digital Elph laying around but it might be broken. I need to take a look at it. If its working or fixable, i'll send it on over!
Posted By: Sun&sand

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 01/27/06 12:10 PM

I have a Canon A50 I'd like to donate. Will bring with me next month. Have had it forever, and it still works pretty well.

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 01/27/06 12:10 PM

OH yeah, can I sit in on the class???

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 01/28/06 03:46 PM

Sun and Sand - Thanks for the donation. I will look forward to seeing you. Of course you can sitg in on the class - even help out.
Is there a program that come with the camera for downloading? Any cables, etc.
Who's next? Just think you could be giving birth to the next National Geographic photographer.

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 01/28/06 05:17 PM

I have everything that came with it, cables, programs, original packaging. I'm anal about keeping all of the stuff. Even have two fresh batteries to add to it. Have a 32mb compact flash card, and I think I have a 1gb card, if I can locate it. I would love to help, if I can contribute anything, let me know.

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 01/28/06 11:09 PM

you are a dear! When are you coming?

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 01/29/06 12:06 AM

I'll be there on 2/7, for a month. I'll find you at CocoLoco's?
Posted By: ecosvl

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 02/03/06 03:12 AM

i have a sony mavica, with a ikelite housing i will bring down and give you. As I owe you one

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 02/03/06 03:35 AM

Thanks Steve - you are a good sport.

OK gang - 2 down and 4 to go.
Posted By: justwishin

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 02/03/06 05:56 AM

I can come up with a decent digital camera but will not be there until 3/1

Where do I bring it?

Staying within walking distance of San Pedro

W

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 02/03/06 05:06 PM

WC I got a kick out of your post Ė to me everything is within walking distance. LOL
March 1st will be fine and it will certainly be appreciated. Let me know where you are staying and I can pick it up.
Three down and three to go.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 02/03/06 06:21 PM

Scubaldy, I just sent out an email yesterday to everyone in my address book and over 100 Realtors (who all own cameras often upgrade.) I already have 2 people who have responded. I met with Mr. Vernon this morning at the RC school and it looks like there are MANY people interested in your class so we need to get you many cameras. It's not only tax deductable but for a good cause. Lets raise the goal of 6 cameras to 10!!

Re: NEEDED - Digital Cameras need for kids. - 02/06/06 02:53 PM

Thanks Keli
Hereís an update for those who may not have read my post over on the one KraZ set up.
As of 1:00 this last Saturday over 50 kids had signed up for the class. They asked if I could teach two classes back to back and how many could I handle in each class. After some discussion we came up with 12 students per class and divided by age. First class will be 8 through 12 years old and second class will be 13 and older. This is certainly going to be a challenge. I can use all the help I can get; not only with donations but in the class room. The first class will start at noon and the second at 1:00.
We may have to change that to 2:00 as I have a feeling the kids may linger and I donít want them to feel rushed.
We will be assigned a class room at the high school.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board