AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th

Posted By: SimonB

Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/13/06 05:42 PM

I said I'd never do it but this coming Sunday I'll be jumping out of a perfectly good airplane to raise funds for the Saga Humane Society. We'll be selling raffle tickets to see how close I get to the bulls-eye. There will also be side bets taken on whether or not I wet myself on the way down eek

Saga will have a table set up with information on Saga and the veterinary clinic (Heather now has all of papers in order so full services will start soon (and house calls).) We'll also bring some of the dogs from the kennels to see if we can't find some of these guys a home.

The time is still to be announced but raffle tickets will go on sale at the clinic, Pampered Paws and Caye Management on Wednesday. Tickets will be $2, $5, and $10, the higher priced tickets payout 50% of ticket sales, the $5 tickets payout 35% and $2 tickets payout 25%.

Hope to see you all there for my crash landing!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/13/06 06:03 PM

Cool, thanks. Karmin and I will stop by today. Karmin will buy a few! Hope Kathy is there, need her expertise on something.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/14/06 03:51 PM

Simon
How about bringing some of your adoptable dogs up to the landing site? I've taken my two pot lickers to town with me the last couple of days and people make over them something aweful. A number of people have expressed interest in taking one home. I tell them what I know about SAGA and hope they get in touch.
A pretty good crowd gathers up here at the landing site and it is very festive.
Today looks like a good day to jump.

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/15/06 04:52 PM

Definitely we'll be bringing some dogs up from the kennels. This will be a good opportunity for pet owners on the North end to come down and meet the new vet as well.
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/15/06 08:19 PM

Simon, What a great idea!! How can the unfortunate ones who are not in SP right now participate and buy raffle tickets??? Are you selling them on the Saga site? mobunny

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/15/06 09:56 PM

Sorry but tickets are only available on the island. We'll probably have another fundraiser in April as we still have a ways to go before we'll have enough to build a full clinic and shelter. For that one we'll try and make it possible to by tickets online.
Posted By: scubawalk

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/17/06 11:39 PM

Simon,
Do you know what time you are jumping yet? Can we buy tickets there?

Thanks

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/18/06 02:44 PM

Yes, the time is confirmed. I'll be jumping at 3pm and tickets will be on sale at the landing zone.

I should be easy to spot, I'll be the one screaming all the way down.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/18/06 02:53 PM

Hey Simon, Isn't there some movie trailer or something that goes: "In space, no one hears you scream" ?!?

You're gonna love it - if you don't barf! Wish I was there to get in on the bidding/betting. Happy and safe landing and many ticket sales for SAGA!!

LA
Posted By: Marty

Re: Saga Skydiving Fundraiser on Feb. 19th - 02/18/06 07:31 PM

oh lord simon. a perfectly good airplane. chuckle. laugh. good luck. i'd wait for smoke
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board