AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: JC The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/15/06 08:11 PM
Travel Queen -

You asked for the story, so here it is.

For those who don't know, Jerry Jeff Walker put on six ticket-only performances at Wet Willie's during the first two weeks of February. Most of the audience had tickets either for the first week or the second, but not both. Ours were for the second week, which started with a performance Monday night. So Jerry Jeff opens the Monday show by asking whether Pop-Tart is in the audience - no response. He then relates what had happened at the previous Saturday night performance while he was singing a song of his with lyrics that end in "always trust your cape."
Apparently this gal comes out of the audience wearing neon-light fairy wings, climbs up on the rail separating the stage and the audience from the lagoon, and then launches herself into the air - in the direction of the audience, not the lagoon - no doubt with some negative outcome, at least for herself and perhaps for some members of the audience.

We saw her later that week wearing the wings again, but not doing any jumping - didn't look much the worse for wear. I also ran into her and a friend - they were the two ladies riding around SP in the golf cart that looked like a Belize version of the surrey with the flower fringe on top, drink in one hand, cigarette in the other. I asked her to tell me what was up with the wings and the story that Jerry Jeff had related, but she was having no part of giving any details.

So, did anyone out there actually see what happened?
Posted By: Nova Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/15/06 10:43 PM
Didn't make it to the Sat show but friends of ours did and sent photos. In one of the photos theres a certain blonde wearing fairy wings - is she yours???
Posted By: JC Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/16/06 07:01 PM
Novascotianuts -

No, the blonde with the fairy wings is not mine. Mine is a nice looking brunette who, as far as I know, has not been trying to become airborne off of railings. However, the photo that you have most likely would be the one and only Pop-Tart, as I don't recall seeing any other blondes with fairy wings on AC last week
Posted By: travelqueen Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/16/06 10:08 PM
Wow, weird for sure. I didn't see her when I was down, a few weeks ago.

Good story, thx.
Posted By: kimchee Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/18/06 07:11 AM
I was there. She was pretty drunk and if I remember correctly she fell on her rear and not gracefully. She should have been wearing a cape and not wings......(This was 2 shows after she knocked a hairpiece off another woman with her drink trying to get by and JJ started singing "I've got bouffants to build...") I saw her out at Fido's and she fell down there too while dancing on the dance floor.
Posted By: Now Danny Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/18/06 11:32 AM
Serious having fun.
Posted By: seashell Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/18/06 11:51 AM
It all sounds like one sore tailbone . . .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/18/06 12:45 PM
Ss - what kind of hours are you keeping?
Posted By: seashell Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/18/06 10:44 PM
I suffer from insomnia. I thought you knew.
Posted By: JC Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/18/06 11:26 PM
Thanks, Kimchee, for filling-in the missing part of the story. Sounds like, on a scale of 1 - 10, the Saturday night dive was something like a minus 2.
Posted By: kimchee Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 02/22/06 05:50 AM
Yeah, no problem JC! Even JJ expected her to hop from a plastic chair down to the deck, not from the railing. "Oh the things we do when we're drinking!" to quote another musician's song.....It was my first time to see JJ live and nothing anyone could have said or done would've taken away from the wonderful experience I had. (And the fact that we were in Ambergris Caye!!!!!)
Posted By: PopTart Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 03/12/06 08:31 PM
Oh Kimchee, you have your story wrong!

FeFe is/was the hair piece and the gal whose sequin blouse accidentally stole her off of Rita's heads name was Gwendolyn. I was sitting next to Rita in the front row and had nothing to do with this other than to laugh! And yes, Gwendolyn was pretty wasted!

Jerry Jeff said, "I guess you don't know what's real anymore".

As far as my flight goes, I had been working at Wet Willy's since 4:00 and I was not drunk when I flew! I also did not land on my butt, rather I landed on my feet and no other people were harmed!

Jerry told me later that he had expected me to fly off the stage, which he did have me do for the last show of Camp 2! I must say that flying from a distance of 6" as opposed to 4' is a huge difference! I had better landing gear that time too!

Thanks for telling me about this post Leo!!!
Posted By: PopTart Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 03/14/06 02:19 AM
I also did NOT fall down at Fido's...or anywhere else for that matter.

Fear that both ankles were broken made me hoble quite a bit.

It was a lot faster to crawl.

Just to set the stories straight.
Posted By: PopTart Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 03/15/06 09:31 PM
OOOPS!!!

These stories are all in fun! Sorry for being so sensitive!
Posted By: Marty Re: The flight of Pop-Tart - 03/15/06 11:08 PM
i love this thread. i have had a ball reading it.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board