AmbergrisCaye.com Home

hi

Posted By: sweetjane

hi - 02/25/06 04:10 PM

uh, hi everyone! i'm back. how is everyone?
Posted By: Chloe

Re: hi - 02/25/06 04:21 PM

Welcome back SweetJane, we have missed you.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Re: hi - 02/25/06 05:27 PM

thanks, chloe. he was young, but ill for some time. i was trying to think how long i've known you now...4 or 5 years? geez. i am doing great. much has changed, but you have always been thoughtful, a friend.
Posted By: Gela

Re: hi - 02/25/06 05:32 PM

Hey SweetJane, welcome back. I'm sorry that you lost your Dad. It's reunion day here on the board.
Posted By: klcman

Re: hi - 02/25/06 05:33 PM

Yo, Janie!

Welcome back - we missed you! Come out & play more often with us! The waters are not too treacherous.
Posted By: skullyboy

Re: hi - 02/25/06 07:06 PM

oh jane, hope it's all good
Posted By: Marty

Re: hi - 02/26/06 04:15 AM

missed you girl. good to hear from you
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: hi - 02/26/06 12:31 PM

Hey Stranger, Fellow Pennsylvanian!

Sorry to have heard about your Dad... things like that are never easy.

So how the heck have you been? I've thought about you a few times! eek
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: hi - 02/27/06 02:15 PM

hi janie girl, is your email addy still the same? miss you.
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: hi - 02/27/06 02:27 PM

Hi Janie. smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: hi - 02/27/06 03:01 PM

Hi Mal!
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: hi - 02/27/06 03:42 PM

Howdy law!

Re: hi - 02/27/06 04:18 PM

gay... i lost your email and yes mine changed. it is the same but with 378 after my name. PLEASE start writing me again and sending your zany fwds!!! i miss it. hey gela, in your pic you look great. funny, last week i found the group pic of us at the AC party in '02. skully, hope u are doing well. i will drop you a line. hi denny, hope you are well too. marty, i am glad you are still plugging away at this board.

i am doing great. new life, new home, new guy, and i am very happy. we are planning a trip in spring to turkey, tho we cant afford it!

i missed you all. you have all been my friends.

Re: hi - 02/27/06 06:02 PM

Jane, much appreciated that you have taken the time to tell us of your new life, and it is good.

I'm so pleased you got through the rough parts of life, and found new happiness. How are the kids?

So many come through the Board, when things are going bad, but never return to tell us how great they are doing today.

VACATION once a year, you can not afford NOT to take, to keep all well and healthy IMHO.
Posted By: CAPTAIN bigzeke

Re: hi - 02/27/06 08:08 PM

Hey Jane sorry about you dad. Let's do AC again soon!
Posted By: skullyboy

Re: hi - 02/28/06 12:08 AM

32 days

Re: hi - 03/01/06 04:53 PM

zeke-man -- hope to--need to make it a new experience with my new partner. well, the old one was never involved with us anyway.

sometime, email me with where you guys stay now that vicki's gone.
Posted By: Over_40_Pirate

Re: hi - 03/03/06 04:41 PM

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!
Janie-wench!!! How the heck are ya? I don't get on here near as much as I used to...hope you are well. Sorry for your loss.

Re: hi - 03/03/06 07:34 PM

pie-rat!!!! great to hear from ya. uh-oh, the oldies are creeping outta the woodwork. thx, but the loss was a blessing, really. otherwise i am FAN-TASTIC! since i was on b4, i am a wee bit older (pushing 25 by now wink ), quite a bit poorer, and 10 times happier. (wanna see?)

in dec, i went fishing for the first time...
http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/image/56761018
and i caught:
http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/image/56761053
proud boyfriend caught a sponge...
and me
http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/image/56761074
Posted By: Gela

Re: hi - 03/03/06 07:45 PM

SweetJane you are looking great! You look very very happy! laugh

Re: hi - 03/03/06 08:25 PM

amen to that!!!! cool pics.... you lookin sweet lady. the fish have no chance. power woman gotcha!!
:>
Posted By: Pam&Dave

Re: hi - 03/04/06 08:11 AM

Jane,
What is that in the picture with you and your boyfriend? It's late and my eyes might be playing tricks - but I can't figure it out! Good things happen to good people. You deserve the best in life, enjoy every minute of it.
Pam
Posted By: kcbc

Re: hi - 03/04/06 09:47 AM

catcus

Re: hi - 03/04/06 05:29 PM

it was a fake cactus, some local joke, had an inscription. we were at a little protected lagoon where one could kayak or snorkel. gela, marty, thx for the complements. not bad for over 40! and yes, we are very happy. btw, that was a black tipped shark i caught!
Posted By: PalapaBob

Re: hi - 03/04/06 05:42 PM

Love the bar stools hanging from the ropes, could be a little tricky though if you've been setting for an evening of imbibing.........
Posted By: NYgal

Re: hi - 03/04/06 11:08 PM

Your life is beginning.....again.
Posted By: Now Danny

Re: hi - 03/05/06 11:19 AM

Sj, Thanks for sharing the pics they are great. I checked out some of your other pics as well, also great. If you would, where in the turks did you stay? Which island? Thanks.

Re: hi - 03/06/06 03:22 PM

pb - that bar was great, agreed on the swings!also had a pleseasaur (sp?) skeleton hanging over the bar, best real mexican food we had. that was in akumal, mexico.

nyg - yes, a new beginning. scary, but i have hope again. my little light inside, the one i thought had gone out, is glowing again.

nd - we stayed on a private island called Pine Cay. it was paradise. the place was called the meridian club if you are interested. tho it felt like 'lifestyles of the rich & famous', it was much more reasonable than you would think (food is included), as we are far from wealthy. it isnt like AC, more quiet, the snorkeling a little tougher 'cuz you have to go out to the reef (daily trip included with room), but the shades of blue, the views!!! very romantic.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: hi - 03/06/06 05:02 PM

great pics! Welcome back. Good to have some of the sane ones back! wink

Re: hi - 03/06/06 08:20 PM

First time fishing...EVER???? Funny, you look like you've had a pole in your hands before! eek AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

Re: hi - 03/07/06 07:20 PM

very funny, pie-rat. you meant FISHING pole, right? uh, when u on tv?

hi barb! i was just talking about you the other day. hope you are doing well. sj

Re: hi - 03/07/06 08:16 PM

This Sat 3/11 @ 1PM EST. Outdoor Life Network (OLN)
Get yer mind outta the gutter! What didja think I meant? hehehehe

Re: hi - 03/07/06 09:10 PM

no really, first time fishing (ok, once in a pond when i was 6). boyfriend said i was a natural. cought a ton of little snapper that day too. nice captain took home dinner for a week, easy!

will try to watch saturday. lemme guess, you will be the strong, good-looking, manly one, right?

Re: hi - 03/08/06 07:30 PM

I am doing well. Relocated back to the East - near Syracuse, NY. Yay, outta Texas!

Re: hi - 03/08/06 08:27 PM

good to hear, barb. welcome back east.(hope you don't [#%!] off a lot of texans with that comment!) uh-oh. am i allowed to say that now?

btw - my bro graduated from syracuse 10 years ago, he lived there & albany for several years. you still running the travel thing?

hey anyone - it has been almost 3 years since i've been to AC. besides barefoot skinny & vicki leaving, has much changed there? my first visit was '93, didnt return until '00, then '02, and was surprised by all the changes by '03. what's up there now?

Re: hi - 03/08/06 09:17 PM

Still doing the travel thing. Lots has changed in SP - tremendous growth in structures, vehicles, and population.

Re: hi - 03/09/06 05:30 PM

not happy to hear that, but also not surprised. just wondering if it is worth considering returning there sometime with boyfriend if everything i remember it to be no longer exists.

of course, there is always reason for going back to meet up with old friends smile .

Re: hi - 03/15/06 08:50 PM

Yes, oh wise one...that would be me. If you didn't catch it, you'll hafta wait for reruns in April.
Took my teenage daughters to Belize last summer...it has changed tremendously since my first trip...in fact, my daughters preferred the mainland (go figure), but it was good to catch up with old friends!
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: hi - 03/16/06 08:39 PM

SJ: yes to the tremendous changes and growth, some good, some bad. I haven't been down since last May and will not be returning for a year or two as I have found other cool spots and I have many other places I want to visit. It will be interesting to see all the changes the next time I return, especially the bridge!

Re: hi - 03/16/06 11:55 PM

oh sweet jane, come on down. its all here

Re: hi - 03/20/06 08:52 PM

my mind is in turmoil over this. i have a list of places i want to see a mile long: bora bora, new guinea, thailand, tebet, the amazon, peru, st lucia, a return to pine cay...but ac & cayo took my heart too. marty, are you trying to tempt me?

Re: hi - 03/20/06 11:00 PM

Bora Bora is breathtakingly beautiful - just didn't like the food in French Polynesia. But the local beer (Hinano) is great! Decisions, decisions. . .

Re: hi - 03/22/06 09:48 PM

laurie, can you elaborate on the food? i thought of bora bora cuz my sis went there a few years ago, but she is in CA like you. i am an east-coaster & it is much farther to go. i looked at many websites on it, and we thought the stunning beauty was the obvious draw. thailand for the food & culture, tibet for the spirituality, new guinea for the wildlife & peoples, amazon for the same. oh, if only i actually had any money and vacation time available.... (c'mon, divorce settlement!!) BTW - my kids are pissed that i do NOT plan on taking them to ANY of these places!

Re: hi - 03/22/06 09:53 PM

ps - food is always an issue to us as, well, i like tasty food, and boyfriend is a ex-top chef & culinay arts teacher(yes, girls, be jealous: i eat like a princess every night and haven't cooked a single meal in 9 months)

Re: hi - 03/22/06 11:14 PM

Yes, I am jealous. I am a wanna be top chef - love to cook and make delicious creations. My dream job would be a chef at a resort on a tropical island!

Food in French Polynesia: It has been some years since I was there and I did Club Med, so it may be very different outside the villages. They did not cook their meat very good. The food did not have enough zest/taste for me. The fresh fruits were of course delicious. I wouldn't let that stop you from going. The scenery alone is awe inspiring!

I have an excellent story about a tourist named Laurie riding a moped in a sudden downpour who dug up a beautiful banana tree (with the moped) in front of Captain Cook Hotel on Moorea, with everybody in the bar watching. I kinda got caught in a mudslide on the moped! Funny memory!

Re: hi - 03/23/06 03:04 PM

well, i have to take the club med element as the key to the dull food.

as to the zesty tasty food we both seem to like, bruce's twist to yumminess is his unlikely combinations of seasonings. take two completely different flavors & throw them together. fusion is a cheap word, but same idea. sweet & savory mixed is awesome, and he says food has to be "juicy", never dry. favorite flavors are garlic, curry, cumin, tarragon, coriander, herbs, tons of fresh ginger, asian spices, dash of teriyaki or hot sauce in anything, adding heavy cream to any sauce, full-flavor reductions using chicken, beef, lobster bases (available in supermarket called "better than boullion" in soup section).

my mud story: bz '93 - we rented a suzuki sidekick & based outside san ignacio. wanted to see 1000 ft falls in pine mt reserve. the roads were mostly dirt, in very poor condition, and it had rained heavily for 2 days b4 we went. since we were young(er) & it wasnt our car, we had great fun splashing thru every big mud puddle we saw trying to cover the vehicle with mud & see how high we could make the splash go. (all caught on video). the reserve was WAY in the middle of nowhere and we were totally digging the adventure. some hills so steep & wet the 4x4 had barely enuff power to climb them. we were pumped with adrenaline. THEN, we see a huge puddle, and drove full blast. that was when the engine got wet and the car just STOPPED. wouldnt turn over. we were easily 20 miles from ANYTHING on deserted mountain roads. i nearly freaked out, but somehow didnt. we had no idea what we would do. thankfully, within 1/2 hour, the engine dried in the heat, and started. we then laughed really hard thinking how totally screwed we almost let ourselves get in the name of fun. ps - the falls & the rio un cave & pools were well worth the adventure.

Re: hi - 03/23/06 04:26 PM

Oh, now you tell me! No wonder Lewis Auto went out of business! wink eek

Re: hi - 03/23/06 07:48 PM

Jane: love the story. At least you didn't have a bunch of folks watching! I did get invited in the bar and a bunch of good-looking American guys bought me some drinks and we laughed it up for awhile, so I had that going for me!

Re: hi - 03/23/06 08:52 PM

Great story Jane! - and not at all embarassing - just the kind meant to be shared - and probably just not the kind contemplated by KLC! :rolleyes:
Posted By: seashell

Re: hi - 03/24/06 08:43 AM

You should have just dried off the distributor cap. But don't tell anyone a girl told you that.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: hi - 03/24/06 01:52 PM

Spoken like a true woman, SS. '93s do mot have a distributor cap as they have electronic ignitions. Do you also ask directions? :rolleyes:
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: hi - 03/24/06 01:57 PM

is that really true or was that just driveby acerbicism.

Re: hi - 03/24/06 02:31 PM

E - you drive?
dog - are you recycling?
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: hi - 03/24/06 02:40 PM

yes, it's deja vu all over again.

Re: hi - 03/24/06 03:11 PM

but in a completely different way!
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: hi - 03/24/06 06:40 PM

Hi SJ

Re: hi - 12/15/06 12:51 AM

hey - does anyone know where the long lost posters went? robtE, over 40 pie-rat, skully, malibu? (i keep tabs on zeke & chooch)

just curious...

Re: hi - 12/15/06 05:47 PM

Jane, they are around, not often tho. Over 40 pirate was on yesterday.

Re: hi - 12/15/06 05:54 PM

c - thx. i just saw it 2 minutes ago. shot him off a pm. nice guy. i like the new generation here, but sometimes think of the old...

Re: hi - 12/15/06 11:20 PM

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! I see the wenches er talkin' about me when I'm not lookin'!
Looting an' pillaging are tough work...not much time left between raids to linger on this here board...
Will be sharing some grog with robtE and his lovely wench Loie tomorrow night...a toast to all of us old-timers! Here's to ye!
Posted By: Debbie

Re: hi - 12/19/06 05:42 AM

Pirate!! You dirty ole skalawag. How's the pegleg and the parrot???? LOL Good to see you're still around. Your above post made me smile. Stay warm!

Re: hi - 12/27/06 05:13 PM

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! Debbie!!! Long time, no see...maybe me eyepatch is on the wrong eye (or it could be all the grog)!
The pegleg is "polished" and is in fine condition to bring in the New Year. Hope your Christmas was blessed and your New Year is prosperous.
Now I gotta get ready to dig me pirate ship out...AGAIN! AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!
Posted By: denverdan

Re: hi - 12/28/06 03:13 AM

Aloha Pirate Mon!
Geeze I sure miss ya... say hi to the fam and I hope all is well with all the snow you got out there.
Anne and her hubby had no clue there was a blizzard going on, that DIA shut down, nothing! In fact they went out for dinner and couldn't figure out why everything was closed. Oyyveyyyy... kids!
Keep in touch dude!

Debbie... I called you and ya didn't call or even write back. hummppph!

Re: hi - 01/02/07 11:59 PM

Ahoy there Hopeless!! I don't think I've seen snow stick around this long in these parts! Geeze...me back can't handle much more of this! Ya...my daughters can't pull themselves away from MTV long enough to see what the weather's doin' outside! Shore do miss ya...we need another CCACS party!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!

Re: hi - 01/03/07 12:01 AM

we are pie-rat, in february on AC. you were invited...
Posted By: Debbie

Re: hi - 01/03/07 08:03 AM

Hope,
I'm in a major funk. Sorry I didn't get back to you. Christmas and New Years have not been good for me. Why is being a mother so hard? My heart is broken. frown

Re: hi - 01/03/07 02:31 PM

deb - email me and vent.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board