AmbergrisCaye.com Home

arriving march 18

Posted By: LaraTravelBelize

arriving march 18 - 03/10/06 04:32 AM

Hi all!
I am going to belize for the first time on march 18 for 8 days and am looking to decide if i want to move there FT. I am from the PHila area, and will be travelling alone...anyone there interested in showing me around/offering advice/etc?

Thanks!

Lara
Posted By: FishingSanPedro

Re: arriving march 18 - 03/10/06 03:47 PM

casa de amor

Why do you think there are enough resorts?
Why do you think there are enough bars?
Why do you think there are enough internet cafes?
I own one.

Here is how you tell how many are enough.

1. Entrepreneurs keep opening them based on what they perceive to be a market need.

2. 2 go out of business

3. Another opens up

4. 1 goes out of business

This is what happened to internet cafes here in San Pedro in the last year. There was no need to consult any government or non-government agency / organization or create a commission to determine how much is enough.

This is a self sustaining process where the good last and prosper and the rest donít.

Well run resorts and bars who satisfy their customers and bring business to Belize are an asset to the country. I would like to see more Belizeans invest their capital in businesses here instead of selling their assets off. BUT they are THEIR assets and THEY decide how to best use them. Even though I sell Real Estate her in Belize I have on several occasions tried to convince some of my Belizean friends here not to sell their properties. Sadly only on occasion have I succeeded.

Steve
Posted By: FishingSanPedro

Re: arriving march 18 - 03/10/06 03:48 PM

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.
Posted By: Marty

Re: arriving march 18 - 03/10/06 10:34 PM

silly guy

great post. i meant to write that in the other thread and forgot.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board