AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: MARG Along the Way: BZE to CAVES BRANCH - 03/23/06 08:41 AM
Greetings! (I also posted this on "About Other Parts of Belize", so please pardon the duplication.)

On April 8th, my nephew and I land at BZE Int'l and will be going to Ian Anderson's Lodge for 3 nights (then to Ambergris Caye -- yeah!). We arrive at 12:45pm, hopefully, and think we might want to stop for lunch somewhere along the way. I did a search for San Ignacio restaurants, but only found some outdated posts, and since it's 80 miles from airport to San Ig, it might be dinnertime before we get to Caves Branch...and 16yo boys are always hungry.

Can anyone suggest another town &/or restaurants midway along the "highway"?

Appreciating your input,
~Margaret~
:p
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Along the Way: BZE to CAVES BRANCH - 03/23/06 05:48 PM
i havent been to san ignacio in 3 years, but certainly in the town proper there are little restaurants, and i remember some little places on the road. these places are quite small, local or family owned and would NEVER make it to the internet. i remember SI had a really good chinese place, and i think there was a so-so restaurant in the SI hotel. i remember an ice cream stand in the town square.

if you pass any jungle lodges like chaa creek or duplooys, they can feed you too. make sure you try some yummy & refreshing limeade.
Posted By: MARG Re: Along the Way: BZE to CAVES BRANCH - 03/24/06 12:20 PM
Thanks for info, Jane. Mmmm, that limeade sounds like a good idea!

Regards, laugh
~Margaret~
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board