AmbergrisCaye.com Home

NEW COFFEE SHOP

Posted By: star

NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 08:25 PM

hello everyone
I am new in town, and I am looking foward in placing a coffee shop. Do you know of any rental space in town that would be ideal for the business. Also do you know of an estimate that rent goes here in the island.
Another question what are the chances of this business on this island
thanks for you help
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 08:49 PM

Originally posted by star:
what are the chances of this business on this island
thanks for you help
Good luck - I mean that sincerly. Tabu is a great place and could be tough competition.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 09:57 PM

Not to be rude ,as a businessman I find this post most amusing. you come here to open a place with no research ,or a clue to the islands demographics.it's people??? you ask about rent??? ,or where to open??.you need a good plan first..then some brains, then some money then a lot of hard work and skills and good idea's ..success is not luck it is proper planning and a vision.Do not mean to be harsh only giving you the facts. the island is a great place to live the dream... but a tough place to make a good living....wish you luck but you will need more then luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: sandb

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:06 PM

Originally posted by captjeff:
Not to be rude ,as a businessman I find this post most amusing. you come here to open a place with no research ,or a clue to the islands demographics.it's people??? you ask about rent??? ,or where to open??.you need a good plan first..then some brains, ....wish you luck but you will need more then luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you been taking lessons from Pedro or are you just not having a good day?

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:17 PM

Sandb,are you for real ,what would you say to the above post ,go for it ,just open up a coffee place..I am having a great day..And just tried to be honest ,and sincere with this naive babe in the woods if this post is even for real!!!!!!!! and if you are going to bold text what I was saying text all I said as i was making a point to help......
Posted By: deacon+

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:21 PM

captjeff, you going to be on the isle this summer?

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:24 PM

decon + yes will be there when in summer???????
Posted By: GBZ39

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:27 PM

Maybe she is fronting for Starbucks

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:30 PM

captjeff, very much looking forward to meeting and maybe fishing{if you don't mind a student] as well as a dinner.
Posted By: reaper

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:33 PM

How do you make a small fortune in Belize.....

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:36 PM

Start out with a large fortune???

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:39 PM

deacon + your in ,fishing and dinner .for sure,you will be my guest..

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:40 PM

captjeff, you have to allow me to cook 1 dinner.

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:41 PM

exactly! laugh

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:42 PM

reaper, you on AC this summer??

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:44 PM

ok we will bring our filet fish and our lobster , and the wine..you cook ...deal..but this is no date..

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:46 PM

I never could figure out why are there coffee shops. Make your own and set back and relax.Need coffee in the afternoon, the work place has it. Need coffee at night, well your home so makr it and relax.

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:47 PM

Sandb here is the man.pedro #1 he is in the house..you got your wish..advice A or advice b...

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:49 PM

Pedro 1, be carefull someones kids are reading this that never hearg such language. HAHE.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 10:58 PM

Capt Jeff, I do think a lot of people probably read the first post and have thought the exact same thing you posted. You are right on!
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 11:07 PM

Check out the questions in the poll. Lets see hummmmmm, what question should I vote for? I haven't a clue!! confused

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 11:11 PM

travel queen ,like I said was trying to help,if they are a real person ????.. I was a little rough ,but if they are for real they do not have a clue on island life or the business world here.one needs to do homework on a start up venture to be a sucess in todays times.must be proactive not reactive and going broke is not a good thing.

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 11:14 PM

I think one of the questions should have been does anyone drink coffee. smile smile
Posted By: kris48

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 11:36 PM

Coffee when it's 90+ in the shade? Wow! A couple of homebrewed cups of Caye Coffee in the AM, before it's sizzling, is enough for me when down there. I rarely drink coffee here later in the day, unless it's really cold. Deacon+, Capt. Jeff, others, we'll be back--trip #3--June 22 to July 1. Would love to meet some of you! If it's after 9 AM, time for a couple of Belikins!
Kris and Bill

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/28/06 11:42 PM

Kris48, where are you staying?
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 12:19 AM

This can't be real, perhaps this person is trying to have us on. Duped again!! NOT laugh

Capt Jeff Are you guys having low lights and candles. Who leads laugh laugh
Posted By: kris48

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 12:23 AM

We're staying at the Palms, second floor. Will definitely be at BC's Sunday, and any time Dennis Wolfe is there. Kris and Bill

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 01:18 AM

kris48, can't miss me. I'm the tattooed Santa Claus/Jerry Garci look alike.
Posted By: seashell

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 07:22 AM

ahahahahahahahaha, I had to vote, just to see.

So far, I'm the only one that voted for "what do you think of a coffee shop?"

Capt Jeff, you tell 'im like it is! Sometimes ya gotta be cruel to be kind.
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 11:05 AM

I am struggling with this coffee thing... Lemme sort it out in my mind... beliken or coffee... beliken or coffee... beliken or coffee...

The winner by a long shot is... ice cold beliken! eek

I think we could use a Beliken little gremlin here.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 02:17 PM

Can't say more right now but there's already another quality coffee shop opening up in a strategic location at the north end of town. I'll announce when it's official (coffee drinkers will be very happy.)
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 02:22 PM

Does living a dream have to be based in logic and reality?

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 02:55 PM

dog man only when it involes your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it is easy to live the dream here...but not good when you are down and out and dead broke.the dreams go away quick..

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 02:59 PM

belikin bill my brother.. .. I like to lead,but not here ... this is only a guy thing. no dancing just looking at power tool,and fishing catalogs ,and grunting.. good clean fun....
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 03:02 PM

I don't disagree with timbre or content of your advice to the poster, Jeff, I should have said living a fantasy.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 03:02 PM

2 points to ya both - outside the workplace, reality is highly over rated!

capt - careful of those powertools buddy! wink

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 03:05 PM

Seashell you know the deal this got to be a joke post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would hope..???? what happen to peter's post ?????it hit the nail on the head ,??????

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 03:10 PM

dogman a Fantasy a day is good... law my love ,when I think of powertools ooooooooooooooooh ga..ga they rock...only kidding ?? I am all talk...

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 03:11 PM

bill thats the post I was talking about...he made a point..
Posted By: yat

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 03:55 PM

Instead of a coffee shop, how about opening a Belikin shop. You could probably start it up anywhere and probably more people will come.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 04:26 PM

hmm....a cup of beer...nope it needs to be coffee

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 04:27 PM

capt my friend, you make me laugh! and hey, only one fantasy a day?
yat: we coffee addicts need our daily fix, along w/ the Belikin!

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 04:42 PM

Law yes hot caye coffee,fresh brewed,and a fresh baked cinnamon bun from pan dulce bakery,sitting by my pool,cool tropical breeze in my face watching the sun rise.You now are talking !! A living the dream day and thats real Fantasy sanpedro style.

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 05:21 PM

I thought it was more like sittin back with an ice cold belikin by the pool watchin the girls in bikinis go by. ( I'm talkin my wife of course)

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 07:57 PM

clover - I said I was talking about me wife, because I would never ever think of not taking her. I could take the clothes washing. It's the bobbit thing that concerns me. laugh
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 08:01 PM

Tabu would be VERY hard to compete with. Not only the coffee, drinks, delicious food...the warm inviting staff and comfy environment.

Capt Jeff and TQ are is right on. Though this is so common and why many businesses do not succeed all over the world.
Posted By: streetchie

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/29/06 09:24 PM

Star, Why bother opening your own coffee shop when there are already several on the island for sale? Coconets and Island Internet are both up for grabs.
Posted By: Chris

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/30/06 01:06 AM

Island Internet is up for sale?

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/30/06 02:56 AM

Dear Star,
I tried a new business in Belize without doing much research also. It was called the Belize HoCaye League. I didn't realize no one had money to buy our franchises. We had 6 teams for sale. The ice making machine couldn't keep up with our outdoor rink's needs, the zamboni got stolen at customs and then our chief zamboni driver passed away. Good luck with the poll.
reaper,
exalted ruler,
BHL(defunct)
Posted By: San Pedro Daily

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/30/06 03:08 AM

The hog league that you started is still producing many fine players...but they all eat alot. Please advise! We need to start shipping them off to other teams, or maybe we could sell them off to Charlene???

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/30/06 04:22 AM

Ah, reaper - good memories - thanks for the reminder! laugh
Posted By: Everglades

Re: NEW COFFEE SHOP - 03/30/06 06:37 AM

I think Star could be very successful, provided Bucks comes along.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board