AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT one barrel rocks - 04/03/06 11:32 PM
Belizes own One Barrel Rum won another gold metal in international competition. (see todays san pedro sun post in ambergris caye section) sorry but i don't know how to link to it. I'm having one now to celebrate.(must come back to belize soon as only one bottle left in my new jersey stock) smile
Posted By: Gela Re: one barrel rocks - 04/03/06 11:42 PM
That's so cool. A reasonably priced liquor that all can enjoy laugh
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: one barrel rocks - 04/03/06 11:52 PM
Yep, All the reasonably priced rum avalable in the usa and I choose to bring back one barrel every time....It Rocks laugh (Ok so i had a few laugh laugh )
Posted By: Gela Re: one barrel rocks - 04/04/06 12:24 AM
And only $US5 at the airport laugh
Posted By: deacon+ Re: one barrel rocks - 04/04/06 12:28 AM
Gela, is that a misprint or US $5.00 is correct
Posted By: Barbara K Re: one barrel rocks - 04/04/06 12:14 PM
$5 US correct - on your way out of the country at the airport duty free One Barrel store.
Posted By: Wyoming Carla Re: one barrel rocks - 04/04/06 07:44 PM
I paid $23 or something for THREE (3) liters....and for the same to order here in the states is like $26/bottle.....GET ALL YOU CAN WHEN YOU LEAVE!!!!
Posted By: Dan Carey Re: one barrel rocks - 04/04/06 09:07 PM
&nbsp &nbsp Barbara,
I've looked and I've never seen that duty free store. I did duck into a duty free store in the departure lounge where they sold lots of stuff, not just One Barrel, and a liter was BZ$20. This was in February. I'll have to look harder the next time I'm coming through the airport.

By the way, One Barrel took a silver medal at the 2006 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Dan
Posted By: Gela Re: one barrel rocks - 04/04/06 09:13 PM
Dan, as you walk into the departure lounge and turn left, it's probably the second or third store on your left. They have cardboard boxes that hold 2 bottles, or they can wrap one bottle with cardboard to protect it. It was $5US for 1 fifth I believe. There are larger bottles but I only had room for one bottle to bring back for a friend.

I plan to allow room next trip for much more laugh
Posted By: Barbara K Re: one barrel rocks - 04/05/06 12:47 PM
Yeah, it's not the regular duty free store. It just sells One Barrel and Traveller's liquor products. And One barrel T shirts! I have found them to be closed fairly often though. So if you want to be sure to have One Barrel to go, perhaps don't wait to buy it there...
Posted By: sweetjane Re: one barrel rocks - 04/07/06 07:38 PM
am i the only person that drinks Cane Juice rum? it was recommended to us by a bartender on AC in '93 saying "it will f*#k you up!". been drinking it there ever since.

i took home 3 bottles from that same duty free shop last trip, still have one left. yum.
Posted By: klcman Re: one barrel rocks - 04/07/06 08:32 PM
3 bottles lasted ya 13 years???????????????? good grief!
Posted By: sweetjane Re: one barrel rocks - 04/09/06 02:53 PM
no, 3 years, k. i said i FOUND it in '93 but bought in '03. but still....i don't really drink much (got other vices, as we all have to have them). for me rum is only drank in the summer...replaced by beer & vodka in cold weather.

ever try the cane juice with pineapple, k?
Posted By: klcman Re: one barrel rocks - 04/09/06 03:07 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhh thx 'splains it, but still...3 yrs hahaha!

yup been there done that SJ.

Have some not-so-recently vintaged peach infused TN white lightning here right now too! Killah stuff. laugh
Posted By: J DOG Re: one barrel rocks - 04/11/06 12:24 PM
I need some help, I must be drinking it wrong, I've tried it with cranberry juice & coke & it has'nt tasted that great to me, I really like the Carribean light.
What am I doing wrong with the One Barrel?
What's your favorite way to drink it???
Thanks J DOG only 15 mo sleeps & I'm there with WindyW.
Posted By: klcman Re: one barrel rocks - 04/11/06 12:32 PM
straight up nodamnediceorwater
Posted By: klcman Re: one barrel rocks - 04/11/06 03:45 PM
rum always good with (ALMOST)anything,

and, like Clover, I like & use of a lot of OJ, just not with One Barrel. For some reason, that one just does not work for me.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: one barrel rocks - 04/11/06 09:07 PM
With coke or rum punch is always good
Posted By: sweetjane Re: one barrel rocks - 04/12/06 01:21 PM
pineapple juice with a splash of cranberry to cut the sweet. or like k man, straight up cold.
Posted By: J DOG Re: one barrel rocks - 04/13/06 11:30 AM
Thanks to all,
When I get there in 13 days, I'm going to get me a bottle of One Barrel & try all your suggestions.
They all sound GOOD!!!
I'll give ya a full report!!
Posted By: JDTremblay Re: one barrel rocks - 04/13/06 01:04 PM
How is it with water I useually drink segrams 7 and water so i was woundering if 1 barrel is good with water and ice
Posted By: snorkelgirl Re: one barrel rocks - 04/13/06 01:54 PM
Hey J Dog,
Yeah, the vanilla aftertaste that Clover described (I had been calling it "buttery".) Yummy.

My favorite is a Banana Colada with the One Barrell. I've ordered Cocoanut Cream from SimonB (Lagniappe Provisioning) to make these in the blender. You and Windyw are welcome to try them with us!
Posted By: J DOG Re: one barrel rocks - 04/13/06 04:09 PM
Snorkelgirl,
Banana Colado, now that sounds good,I bet Pina Colada would be a good too!! Can't wait, by the time I get to the 2nd bottle I should be a One Barrel expert LOL!!
See ya in Paridise.
Posted By: Dan Carey Re: one barrel rocks - 08/03/06 10:23 PM
&nbsp Hi All,
how 'bout a classic? I have personally test-driven this and recommend it.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

MAI TAI

1 1/2 oz. One Barrel Rum
1/2 oz. Orange Curacao
1/2 oz. orgeat syrup (almond syrup)
1 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
splash of simple syrup
splash of grenadine
splash of orange juice

Garnish: Maraschino cherry

Shake ingredients in a boston shaker and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Add the garnish.
Posted By: deacon+ Re: one barrel rocks - 08/03/06 10:37 PM
Also very good if blended.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board