AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Latest Rumor...

Posted By: Tim Jeffers

Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 04:54 PM

As the island is great for rumors I am contributing to the cause by posting the latest one that I have been told:

Continental to begin direct flights from Denver to Belize.

Please let this be true!

Does anyone else have any information on this?
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 05:20 PM

It would be nice!! But from what I was just told direct flights from Denver are very much a rumor. Flights to Belize will be thru the Houston hub. frown Hope I'm wrong.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 06:22 PM

Tim, I assure you, that's definitely just a rumor. There could potentially be service from EWR or CLE to BZE but won't be DEN to BZE (direct).
Posted By: hot crossed buns

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 06:37 PM

Continental used to have a hub in DEN and still ownes several gates there. I know that Continental wants to take back the DEN market at some point. Don't know about DEN-BZE, but it is possible.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 06:48 PM

Originally posted by hot crossed buns:
Continental used to have a hub in DEN
That was like back in '94.

Don't know about DEN-BZE, but it is possible.
It ain't gonna happen.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 07:25 PM

I have not heard anything about it. Will check further.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 09:58 PM

Thanks for any info you have travelqueen and/or anyone/everyone else!

As I started the post I say again- heavy on rumor. CLE would be a help. Sorry for my ignorance- where is EWR?

I think Frontier would be more likely from Denver than Continental. Frontier is flying into many Mexico destinations and continually adding more.

Keeping finger crossed. Then again they have been crossed for 17 years now on this particular subject. Even longer than I had them crossed for the bridge...

Which will happen first? A direct flight from Denver to Belize or the barge operations moving to the back? Should we take a poll?

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 10:30 PM

Ya, I agree that the more likely scenario would be Frontier starting flights to BZE out of DEN. Frontier is a good airline.

EWR = Newark, NJ
Posted By: catdog

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 10:40 PM

Continental has direct flights to Belize from EWR (Newark) on Saturdays. I was lucky enough to get on one on one of my trips and what an easy trip that was..Back to Jersey in 4 to 5 hours or so!! There was talk that they were going to expand that service to other days.
Will check with friend from Continental on the Denver/Cleveland -Belize "rumour" to see if she's heard some buzz.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 11:08 PM

catdog; "TQ" is 'THE' Continental contact. I believe what she said. cool
Posted By: Short

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/08/06 11:31 PM

Can you imagine me, thinking that "TQ" is the ICAO code for Anguilla Wallblake Airport. laugh
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 12:02 AM

I knew Andrea Wallbanger when she was good looking and had teeth.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 01:15 AM

travelqueen,

My brother is a pilot for Frontier. Glad you like it! Back to keep your fingers crossed- Let's hope.

When Continental used Denver as one of their major hubs they provided service Montana. When Continental left Denver they dropped Montana. Frontier filled the gap for awhile then followed suit and dropped Montana. Frontier is again providing service to Montana. If they can survive in that market (or lack of market) they could certainly survive from the Belize market.
Posted By: catdog

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 02:19 AM

There could potentially be service from EWR or CLE to BZE but won't be DEN to BZE (direct). [/QB]
Just letting those who may want to know that Continental does have direct flights from Newark.
There's no doubt in my mind that TQ is THE Queen! cool

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 02:35 AM

hot crossed buns, I was not trying to be rude with my post directed to you, was just trying to nix the rumor is all... Tim, I fly Houston to DEN (Taca) and think very highly of the employees... catdog, I believe immising was refering to your source about the "buzz", not so much what routes CO is flying. It's true about the service to/from EWR/BZE but unfortunately, not that often. It would be nice if it were every Sat.

On another note, Delta is trying to become the #2 carrier for Central America and the Carrbean - we'll see... http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060501/98183.html
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 01:13 PM

CLE pleeeeeaaaase! The 2-hour drive would be oh so worth it.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 01:42 PM

Tim my brother , just made a call ..It is just a rumor ,now go take a cold shower..

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 03:03 PM

captjeff-

Out of rumors things may come... If enough people call in asking maybe Cont. will consider. Now is that a pipe dream or what? ;-) OK I will head for the shower... DAD.

tq- Houston to DEN (Taca) is this a new service? I haven't seen this posted.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 03:07 PM

oops! I meant Frontier. I like Taca too I guess Taca was on the brain...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 03:47 PM

If you live in CA there's nothing better than TACA to BZE. One short layover in San Salvador, cheaper than any of the domestic flights and they never cancel flights. Just my opinion...
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 03:54 PM

I can think of a couple of things in CA that are better than TACA to BZE.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 05:26 PM

Cucui - Taca has a terrible history of cancelling flights & losing luggage - maybe you haven't been flying them long enough. I could tell you some horror stories. Maybe they finally got their act together - one can only hope!
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 05:31 PM

Dog, what in California is better? I am an American Airlines fan myself. Taca doesn't even fly out of our airport.
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 05:39 PM

As it relates to CA living, I wasn't limiting my observations to flying.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 05:45 PM

:p wink

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 06:00 PM

Barbara - maybe I've just been lucky or maybe it's because there is a steady stream of passengers out of LAX, but I've never had a problem. And last year they allowed 3 of us to take excess baggage without charge when they learned it was school supplies for San Pedro, so I have only good to say about them. On the other hand, and this is NOT an exaggeration, in my lifetime I have flown fewer than 5 domestic flights which resulted in my checked baggage arriving at the same time and place as I. Maybe I just have bad luck, but it's gotten so that I'd rather carry-on and do without some stuff than check a bag on a domestic flight.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 06:49 PM

I agree Doggie!
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 07:14 PM

My experience with Taca has been good so far... After hearing the horror stories, I'm careful to check my reservations in the two weeks before a trip, arrive extra early to the airport, and watch them tag my luggage.
The plus side of SFO - San Salvador - BZE or Roatan, and using my AA frequent flyer miles has made bit worth the little extra attention.
Taca did announce a few months ago they would no longer be an American code share partner after April 2007. frown

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 07:18 PM

I have worked for Continental Airlines for seven years. In that time, I have learned that anything is possible. DEN-BZE is very unlikely but you never know. Maybe Continental Express will operate the flights?

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 08:55 PM

HCB, NO!!!!!! ExpressJet Inc., (formerly known as COEX) is NOT going to fly direct... you asked! You must have been the one who started this rumor! laugh Ha ha hah ah aha!

I like (Taca) "Take A Chance Airline"! laugh Although, I do believe they have a cell phone of mine! laugh Delta, "Don't Even Leave The Airport" has been very good to me as well. smile

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 09:08 PM

"ExpressJet" has 69 airplanes and no place to fly them. Wouldn't BZE be a good place to fly them? Are in marketing, the people that determine the routes, or are you only in HR?

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/09/06 09:28 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I like you!!!

Who says XJT has nothing to do with the 69 airplanes?

BTW, Marketing doesn't determine the routes, they just know about them. It would be Routing and/or Scheduling.

I agree that Belize would be a good place - but the company didn't ask me. wink

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 04:12 AM

Here is the latest comment from travelqueen. "I'm sure you're right. That's something I know nothing about." This refering to Continental and COEX flights all over the country. Before you believe someone on this board, please check their credibilty. There are several POSERS opn this board.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 04:27 AM

:rolleyes:

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 05:07 AM

Never does a man portray his character more vividly than his proclaiming the character of another...
Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 05:50 AM

well said, L

<<<sitting on fingers>>>

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 12:58 PM

Here is the latest comment from travelqueen. "I'm sure you're right. That's something I know nothing about." This refering to Continental and COEX flights all over the country. Before you believe someone on this board, please check their credibilty. There are several POSERS opn this board.
YOU SHOULD TALK!!!!! None of your comments have made any sense at all. My reply to you concerning, "something I know nothing about" was regarding the company newsletter you referenced. First of all, NO WHERE in the mini paragraph does it say ANYTHING about XJT not having a place to fly the planes - NO WHERE does it say this! Secondly, you say, they can't fly them out of IAH, CLE or EWR. AGAIN! Where does it say this?????????????????? I don't see it in the little tiny paragraph you referenced! So, seeing something that is not actually there is again, "something I know nothing about"!

During our pm's, I have been EXTERMLY nice to you. I'm done. This is honestly my last post to you period (unless of course I see you giving out yet MORE bad information :rolleyes: ). Should you want to talk about this futher, obviously, you know where to find me.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 05:53 PM

It looks like TQ can dish it out but can't take it. Thank you TQ for helping me prove my point. If you do not have ALL of the facts, then you should not make absolute statements like "it aint gonna happen". BTW, I am not a pilot.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 06:15 PM

hot( or maybe not so hot)X buns - I got my info from a very reliable source. I think TQs comment that "It ain't gonna happen" might be a little understated. Maybe more like "No f#$%ing way" or "when hell freezes over" might fit better. laugh

Glad to hear you're not a pilot!!
Posted By: Tillie

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 06:23 PM

hot feel better now? :rolleyes:

Thank god not a pilet! Scary thought.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 07:19 PM

HCB -- c'mon. Nobody comes to this board for definitive airline industry knowledge. Ripping TQ for her experienced opinion is out-of-line.
Posted By: Jackie22

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 07:24 PM

Hey HCB... since we are talking about "POSERS on this board", what makes you so creditable regarding this matter? Oh and the only point you've made so far is sharing with everyone on this board how rude and misinformed you are.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 07:39 PM

BB, is you name Larry Kellner or have you spoken to him? I never said that DEN-BZE would happen, nor did I say it would not happen. All I am saying is that unless you are Larry Kellner, you can not say that this flight will or will not happen.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 08:26 PM

Wow!

It reads like Bad Peter has taken over this thread! OK everyone lean forward and hug your computer screen (group hug). I didn't intend to start a riot...

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/10/06 08:48 PM

HXB - It might surprize you who I talk to, but you will never know. You also just might have missed the point that TQ might have just been havin a little fun when she said that as I am now. Chill!!!! laugh

Tim - What a trouble maker. You should be ashamed and impling that we are like Bad Peter, thats low. laugh
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/11/06 07:42 PM

Just as a clarification, all you airline people and travel agents should get it right between "direct" and "non-stop". There is a big difference. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Tillie

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/11/06 07:45 PM

bywarren- give it up. this is dead subject..

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/11/06 08:00 PM

Actually, now I'm intrigued. All non stop flights are direct but all direct flights aren't necessarily non-stop; so is it where the stops are that determines whether a flight is direct or not?
And if the train leaves the station travelling 30 miles an hour....
Posted By: atomicindy

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/11/06 08:03 PM

Nonstop means the plane leaves your city and does not land again until you get to the city where you want to go. Direct means that the flight leaves your city, lands, and takes off for your destination but you never have to get off the plane.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/11/06 08:14 PM

whew...and I thought SIN was vexatious! eek
Posted By: spl

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/11/06 08:38 PM

rykat -- I've seen you vexatious, this ain't nothin.
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/11/06 10:52 PM

This is not a rumor! This is not a rumor!

Well now... this is certainly interesting. There is a resort on AC, which I will not name for a few reasons.

But if you are into being nude, I mean REALLY nude as in nudist ranch type nude, then you might want to visit this property during Belize Nude Week.

http://www.houstontexasswingers.com/vbulletin/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=510&c=3

eek eek eek eek eek
Posted By: seashell

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/12/06 12:45 AM

My question is whether or not they will be taking their scuba certifications nude too.

I think we know where a bunch of locals will be wandering about for a week.

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/12/06 01:02 AM

SS, funny!

Why do you have to be a "couple"??? frown
Posted By: wonderwoman

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/12/06 01:37 AM

Too weird, from being the number one resort on the island with the most celebrities, etc, to this.......what a promotion!

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/12/06 11:16 AM

That number 1 resort tag was a long, long, LONG time ago and under much different management. eek
Posted By: wonderwoman

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/12/06 01:07 PM

So true, it was a very long time ago. Gonna have to grab a camera and head on up!

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/12/06 03:48 PM

I can remember when I worked there here in the houston office and I got a call from a nudist group... the owners nearly fell over and said "NO"

Dunno why now, same owners, 3 Muslims, now they're blocking out the entire resort for the nudist. eek

And I'll bet all 3 of them will be down there for this event. eek :rolleyes: eek
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/12/06 04:11 PM

All of that extra space in the suitcases can be used for sunscreen and insect repellant.

hey cass, do you want to come down & see my new bodywork that you so anonymously described? :rolleyes:
Posted By: seashell

Re: Latest Rumor... - 05/12/06 04:11 PM

If it's the same people attending that are in Clover's picture, then there's not going to be much of interest to see. shudder
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board