AmbergrisCaye.com Home

what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro

Posted By: TW

what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/05/06 05:37 PM

what is the average age of children on san pedro? We will be down on friday and would like to bring a few things for some children what would be some good things that are here in the US to bring?
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/05/06 06:34 PM

years ago, i brought orange tic tacs, lifesavers, etc that wouldnt melt. for older kids, they love t-shirts with anything from US written on it, ie - bands, logos, ads, etc. dollar store toys & trinkets are great too. my vet also donated some flea/tick collars & sample meds for the dogs & cats. enjoy.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/05/06 07:05 PM

eek! NO CANDY!!! Please, for the sake of their teeth!

School supplies is a nice idea. smile

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/05/06 07:12 PM

oops, sorry!!!!! no harm intended!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/05/06 07:19 PM

Here's a thread on the topic:

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/009196.html

There are mixed feelings about giving gifts directly to the kids and the expectations it sets up. Everyone has to decide from themselves, but I have heard several say that candy is not a good idea. I am a big fan of the library and they can use all they can get. I've done story time there and took bottles of bubbles for the kids, they loved them!
Also contact DJean through this message board about school supplies for the school in Dangriga, if you're interested.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/05/06 07:36 PM

No offense, really. smile It's nice of you to think of the kidos. Very nice. smile

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/05/06 08:19 PM

ok thanks guys since we are leaving in the AM I will go buy a bunch of shirts and some school supplies as well as some toys for the little ones. hopefully Djean can get on here before I leave and let me know what they may need.
Posted By: belizegial

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/05/06 11:11 PM

lawcucui, thanks for thinking of us here on the mainland.

TW, contact me at:

[email protected]

Certainly we'll appreciate any school supplies we can get.

Evn if you can spare some of the shirts too we'll take them.

E-mail me.

I am the same Djean, just had to change my name dew to some computer problems I had.

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 02:07 AM

you have mail

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 02:17 AM

TW, got the mail and have replied.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 11:36 AM

Jane, you did nothing wrong smile You thought of the children and did well!!
New cast,less fun laugh

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 11:48 AM

sad thought frown

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 01:11 PM

hhmmmm. real life is not fun enuff. shouldnt this be a place to be lighter? remember, this chat area was my idea (thanks, marty).i know we wanted it set up for us FRIENDS (and many of you i do consider my friends) to meet up and chat silly fun, to keep in touch...where is the love anymore??? mebbee i would come 'round more if it were more like it used to be (please, no personal offense to anyone).

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 01:15 PM

Hi Jane!
Great pics on your most recent trip! (How was the coffee? wink )

It's still fun here - always some stuff ya gotta ignore - but most of the old gang is still hangin round and there is no shortage of silliness! Come on in - the water's fine, and you strike me as an excellent swimmer! laugh

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 01:24 PM

hee hee hee. u betcha, laurie. maybe not enuff time to trudge thru the crap to get to the good stuff? yeah, the coffees (3 different kinds there) were great, and i drank a lot. and we know we LOVE our coffee on this board!

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 01:32 PM

Yep! Gotta have the coffee - and the friends! smile
What were the 3 kinds?

Not so much trudging - as much time as ya want wink

(Oh, and I think I might like being laurie today! laugh )

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 02:29 PM

oops, sorry law. the flower thru me off... or too early to even see who i was yacking at!!! the coffees were nescafe (what we think of as drip or american style), french press - yummy and bold, and turkish coffee - like espresso but with muddy stuff in the bottom, made in little copper pots. tea (called chai) in pretty little fluted glass cups good too. all of the above served sweet. mmmmmmmmm.

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/06/06 02:57 PM

I love the coffe in Europe - Turkey is on my list! Off to make coffee now!! laugh

(I still think I want to be laurie today - Leah Ann has too much work to do!! smile )
Posted By: NYgal

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/07/06 12:37 AM

wink laugh
Posted By: Marty

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/07/06 06:40 AM

barettes, hair stuff, comic books, crayons, markers, coloring books, neat lil pencils and erasers, stocking stuffer type stuff is great.

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/10/06 12:11 AM

Just got some stuff from TW and is very thankful.

If anyone else would like to donate, feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/14/06 10:09 PM

glad we could do a little something for the kids as we had a great time.

Re: what would be a good thing to bring the kids on san pedro - 07/15/06 12:27 AM

TW, are you back home yet?

I will get those pics to you.

I am just waiting to get around to the kids to give them the stuff.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board