AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: PalapaBob Life List's - 07/13/06 02:20 AM
This skydiving talk has got me thinking about my own life list, things I want to do in my next 45? years. I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else is thinking.
Skydiving-Hopefully next winter
Kite Boarding-Not done
SCUBA-Not Done yet
Fluent in Spanish- Not done yet

You get the idea
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:30 AM
win the lottery - not done yet
Posted By: seashell Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:35 AM
Get my dream job - not done yet.
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:38 AM
hit all the world's continents - not done yet
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:39 AM
Your chance in that is not good, Law. Send me your money instead for my SP fund.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:43 AM
Yeah - some stupid TV commercial just pointed out the flaw in my plan - apparently you can't win if you don't play.
Posted By: KathyA Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:44 AM
I can't see past the end of my own nose. I just want to make it through educational statistics, which ends next Thursday (7/20)...God willing.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:49 AM
"educational statistics" Good for you, I am being serious, but thankfully that is not on my list
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:50 AM
klcman..can I come along with you to all of the Continents?

I need Antartica and Africa and Asia still!

And I still need to visit Alaska, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Mississippi and North Dakota for all 50 states.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:51 AM
You can still send me your money, need an address?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:54 AM
Now why on earth would I send my $$ to some guy who's just gonna use it to jump out of a perfectly good airplane? :p
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:56 AM
K - off topic here, but tell me....what are the stats on this -

kids say they are going to attend college but are taking a year or two off first. How many successfully follow that path?
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:00 AM
Send him the MONEY!!! laugh

I've spent ALL of my money on women and skydiving!

Thank God I didn't waste it!!! :p
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:00 AM
hell yah Reaper - mebbe we can modify that and jump our way there! I need the same 3.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:00 AM
legible in English - not done yet! laugh
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:01 AM
meaning literate perhaps there Mr kat?
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:02 AM
klcdude...I love the way you think...bundle up for Antartica!!! I have jumped on all of the others!
Posted By: KathyA Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:02 AM
klcman, if you're talking to me...that is causal-comparative research, also known as ex post facto research. That means that the data is already in existence and we would like to replicate the study. If you would like to set up a study,let me know! I'm looking for dissertation material
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:06 AM
Oh NO KathyA...I'm dreaming of flying my canopy over the Great Wall of China with klcman and your talking about casual-comparative research....AAAGGGHHHH!!!!! laugh
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:08 AM
Nope, not looking to set up a study at this point in time. Merely looking for facts to back up a theory I have. Trying to help someone very special to me make the correct decision.
Posted By: KathyA Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:10 AM
I am NO FUN these days...no comments necessary!
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:12 AM
well Reaper, looks like we might have to lower the standards a little and take those non-college bound kids on an adventure!

(Looking for the woolies right now, too)
Posted By: KathyA Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:17 AM
klcman, I do not know the stats on that but will try to find out and pm you within the next couple of days. I would also be interested in knowing those statistics. Didn't mean to sound flippant. Kathy
Posted By: deacon+ Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:18 AM
I would like like a new successful bussiness, a new love in my life and world peace. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:20 AM
Never thought you were K! Thanks in advance for checking.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:21 AM
klc: literate when speaking, legible when writing!
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:23 AM
Law, go ahead and send it. You can hold my wallet when I jump.
Rykat, hdxwbxnk njdheupok;?
KathyA- It's after 11:00 at nite, HUH?
Obviously I need a government grant
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:27 AM
wink

lit�er�ate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ltr-t)
adj.

1. Able to read and write.
2. Knowledgeable or educated in a particular field or fields.
3. Familiar with literature; literary.
4. Well-written; polished: a literate essay.
Posted By: KathyA Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:31 AM
Reaper, something tells me you need researching (smile).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:31 AM
Gee Palapa, that's a mighty generous offer. How about we compromise - I'll hold your wallet while you jump, and then if you don't make it, I'll put my money in it.
Posted By: seashell Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:33 AM
ahahahahahahaha, law. You crack me up.

Oh wait, maybe that last sentence is in the wrong thread.
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:35 AM
I just want to live long enough to...
1. watch Rykat vote for a Democrat...in person!!!! laugh

2. see the LA Kings win the Cup!

3. witness Pedro1 and Seashell's first date!

4. become the "King of Belize"!

I'm gonna have to live REALLY LONG!!!! laugh :p wink cool
Posted By: KathyA Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:35 AM
You are too funny, Law!
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:39 AM
3 outta 4 would require a LONGGGGGGGGGG time Reaper, absolutley correct. But one of them, won't say which but it's a number berween 2 & 4, might actually happen! laugh

<<Saunters off to bed now and hides>>
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:40 AM
wink leg-i-ble/ ll legibilis,adj. capable of being read or deciphered
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:42 AM
Oh yeah...my other thing on my life's list...ride the monorail through the jungle tour to Corona Steve's Swampland Condo's!! laugh
Posted By: seashell Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:42 AM
klc, you can run but you can't hide.

Regardless, we'll see Rykat voting before we ever see number 3.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:42 AM
That could be a deal IF you put your money in it and buy us a drink at the Palapa after we land. Reaper, can we land on the deck out that-a-way?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:43 AM
gonna take the Holy Grail to make a couple of those, reaper! laugh :p laugh
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:45 AM
PalapaBob...think splinters!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:49 AM
Palapa, you might have missed a bit of the plan -my money only goes in your wallet if you don't make it. Of course, it's not that far to Palapa Bar - I'd love to buy reaper and I a drink with whatever's in your wallet. oh, and in the event you do make it, you can buy us all a drink. It's a little complicated but I think I've covered all the contingencies.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 06:02 AM
Klc and Kathy: I'm interested in those stats, if there are any, because I am one of them. I spent several years taking courses at junior college and then transferred to Sonoma State for Jr and Sr year - graduated when I was 25, then became lawyer at 34. My parents hated it - kept saying I was "years behind". LOL. In the meantime, I traveled my butt off (my major passion) - Tahiti, Hawaii, all over Mexico (learned to speak some Spanish, which was a goal of mine), Caribbean, etc. Worked full time, with decent pay as legal secretary during it all, except for the 2 years in college, when my classes were full time and needed the good grades to be accepted to law school. As I sit here today, it is all good, no regrets. My supervisor, mid 40s like me, went to college straight from high school, then law school, so has been practicing 20 years, compared to my 9 years. But, she also has not seen the awesome places I have been. My experiences have been priceless.

Life goals are travel, learn to speak Spanish better, meet a fun guy and possibly re-marry (he better have a passport). Oh, and since I love to cook and think I am pretty good, maybe do a stint as a chef at a resort on a tropical island someday. In the meantime, I am on a 3 week countdown for my vacation to Panama. As you were!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 06:15 AM
Hey LM - you got it right. I was sort of on the same path - law school was a second career after I took 10 years to complete my BS. I wouldn't trade the travel and work experience during those years for an additional 10 years of law practice any way you slice it.
You are going to be leaving about the time I get there! When will you be home?? (I need to know when to have the tequila ready! smile )
Posted By: KathyA Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 10:09 AM
LM, I am also a late-bloomer. Didn't start a doctoral program until my 40s. BUT, I have had experiences others have not had (good and bad). We share similar goals. I also want to speak Spanish, become a chef, travel as much as time permits, and meet a fun guy ( whose knuckles don't drag the ground). Have fun in Panama! My stats prof leaves for Panama on the 21st to buy a retirement home. Kathy
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 12:21 PM
Find a balance between the things I want to do and the things I need to do, master my areas of amateurish interest and informal study, understand myself, raise chickens, learn to pick locks, find some more female best friends, become a skilled sex object, become pastor at the church of the flying spaghetti monster, learn to tell time, spend less time on the internet.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 02:55 PM
whatcha gonna do with the chickens?
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:21 PM
Law: Back in mid August. Wooo hooooo. Add another to the list: buy a retirement home in the tropics, maybe Panama.
Posted By: Gela Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:45 PM
Fairly recently I learned there was a club called the "100" club - those who are members have been to 100 countries. I started to count the countries I've been to - right now it stands at 31. (By the way, a country counts if you just change planes and not even see it). So, I thought a while, looked at my bank account, realized I'm in my early 50's and thought - OK, I don't see making the 100 club but maybe 50 Club?

So that's one of my goals. 50 countries before I die. Working on 2 more for next year (Italy & Cook Islands). Need to get the remainder of the 17 on a list and start checking them off!

Other items on my Life's List:
Take a train trip across the US
Ride on the Space Shuttle
Run a B&B (a real one)then retire somewhere peaceful
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:46 PM
It's already been done for us:

http://tinyurl.com/ohrnu
Posted By: Jackie22 Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 03:55 PM
See the great pyramids in Eygpt, see Africa and photograph the wildlife there, go to Greece, Spain, France (again)... basically see the world! Oh and retire as soon as possible!!!! laugh
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 04:49 PM
Climb machu pichu
walk on the great wall of china
sail around the gallepagos islands
sail up the amazon
see the birds of trinidad
just for starters
Posted By: Jackie22 Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 04:59 PM
I went to Trinidad, but didn't get to see the birds... just heard them every morning!! haha!
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 05:04 PM
I'm off to Machu Pichu and other locales in Peru during October. I'm excited about munching those cocoa leaves to combat that high altitude.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 05:10 PM
Can't wait to hear about it DP, that one's on my list
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 05:48 PM
I'm tempted to write out my list, but after reading Dog's I'm just afraid my goals aren't really noble enough.

P.S. - Dog, I was fascinated to learn that pirates are a major component of the Pastafarian belief system. I'm also drawn to the Noodly Appendage. RAmen.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 06:44 PM
Dog, what about raising roosters? LOL.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 09:23 PM
Gee, I just want to get back to San Pedro as soon as possable. Guess I should raise my goals confused
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 09:25 PM
I think that is high on most peoples list 2 mi, I have it on mine, always.
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 10:20 PM
Gela - re-consider the B&B listing. It ain't all it's cracked up to be. At least if you want a life! But, if located in the right coastal tourist area, you can collect enough stupid questions to write a book and make your fortune that way!

Snippets:
1. Why do the officials permit those streams to run into the ocean. Don;t they r4alize it's going to dilute the water!

2. What is that body of water? "It's the ocean." No it isn't. I've seen the ocean and there is no sandy beach here. What is it really?

3. Why do they let those foghorns sound all night long and keep everyone awake?
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 10:40 PM
dp - peru is high (no pun there) on my list too.

i did it all ass-backwards. dropped outta college 2 years in never to return. met my kindred at 42, who was a chef for 18 years and got his masters at 39, yet i've been to 11 countries on 4 continents (including asia) plus a bunch of islands, lived several lifetimes, raised two brats, and lived to tell.

i still hope to turn a prayer wheel in tibet
snorkel french polynesia
see my kids graduate college
eat street food in the far east
return to a rainforest somewhere
and i'm right there w/daemon on the world peace thing

and hope never to jump out of a plane

(seriously, let's take a minute to realize how fortunate we all have been. ok, group hug)
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com?v=PmZyB_ghpa0

Very HIGH on my list!!!!! cool
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 11:17 PM
omgggggggggggggg I wanna! can we Reaper huh?huh? can we??

Ok, also forgot to add bungee jumping (in NZ where it all began) to the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jYMpL-W5rg&mode=related&search=
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 11:20 PM
Are you CRAZY??? Bungee jumping scares the HELL out of me!!!
Never been, never wanna!! Weird but true!
But I would BASE jump that bridge in a heartbeat!
I guess I trust nylon more than rubber!!!!! laugh
But if you bungee...I'll do it too!!!!!
Posted By: Hon Re: Life List's - 07/13/06 11:27 PM
reaper, have you seen this? (prudes be warned: adult content)

http://www.office-humour.co.uk/movies/4345/
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 12:06 AM
Reaper, I've had dreams simular to that video, But I wake up before i reach the bottom (so far anyway) scares the sh** out of me eek
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 12:09 AM
HON, Do you think the sky divers in your video landed in the river in that other post?
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 12:23 AM
Just another reason to NEVER skydive nude!!!!!! laugh :p
Posted By: wonderwoman Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 12:24 AM
Worst part of my life...I've done all except one goal!!!!!!!! Be an astronaut! Did get asked by NASA in Houston to train them in the pool! Just not the same, and am not going to give up San Pedro for that! Be careful! You too might end up completing all your goals!
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 12:46 AM
If I ever get close to completing all my goals, highly unlikely by the way, I'l keep adding until I'm gone. Reaper, what a rush that would be, sign me up
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 04:22 PM
Reaper, you'll love Alaska, Louisiana and Mississippi. You'll have to experience the blues in the Delta, the crawfish and beer in Southern Louisiana and just the experience of being in Alaska! I too have been lucky enough to travel. I guess I've just got a gypsy soul. It's hard to keep me in one place for very long. Got that ramblin' fever!
Still want to:
Scuba dive in Fiji, Galapagoes (sp?)Indonesia, Turks and Caicos.
See the Redwood Forest
See Italy, Spain, Scotland, Ireland, Russia, Germany and any other place that might peak my interest.
Win the lottery ( so that I can afford to do what I want)
Find the Holy Grail
And last but not least......find the balls to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!
Posted By: MALIBU Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 04:30 PM
reaper.....ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND????? I am a BIG chicken. I would never think of wanting to do that!!!!!!!!!!!

All I want to do is go to Fiji and possibly Galapagos...
Posted By: reaper Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 07:14 PM
Malibu...mrs. reaper would say YES!
Posted By: Gela Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 08:30 PM
klc - I hear you. How about I modify it by saying, RETIRE @ someone else's B&B - leave the cleaning up to them every day laugh
Posted By: klcman Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 10:55 PM
That's much better G laugh Kinda like my soon-to-be 80yr old mother says she will do when the time comes that she can no longer be on her own. No elder care places for her - she's done the math! Book a berth on a cruise (are ya listening Capt J??) or all inclusive resort, cruise more her style though. All the food you want, maid service and a bed. For what, under a grand a week, if you shop carefully? Helluva lot cheaper than a good care center!

So, added to the list: Complete the rest of my list with the $$ Mom's saving! :p (I know, sick, but I'm just kidding)
Posted By: deacon+ Re: Life List's - 07/14/06 11:35 PM
Klcman, your absolutly right. My Dad has a friend who has been doing just that for 3 yrs. now and loves it.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Life List's - 07/15/06 01:45 AM
Goal....open eyes in AM and breathe smile
Next....enjoy each day smile
Posted By: seashell Re: Life List's - 07/15/06 05:54 AM
When I went on my one and only cruise, there were lots of older people that went from cruise to cruise. That was their retirement plan. After a certain number of cruises, there's bargains to be had, as I understood it at the time. Much cheaper than rent and board.

And as was said earlier, clean rooms, regular meals, doctor aboard and a nice lifestyle, certainly compared to the senior citizens home. Oh yeah, and the ones that could, went out dancing every night too.

Not my style at that stage of the game, but I did think that they might be on to something.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board