AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ Heat wave continues - 08/02/06 01:57 AM
The heat wave continues across the US. Today in MD it hit 100 degrees with a heat index of 110. Wish we had the Caribbean breezes.
Posted By: deacon+ Re: Heat wave continues - 08/02/06 01:59 AM
Fans with coolers of ice laugh
Posted By: silkpainter Re: Heat wave continues - 08/02/06 04:35 AM
It is hotter there than it is here.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: Heat wave continues - 08/02/06 11:05 AM
I hear you Artz. It's hotter than the hinges of Hell here. It is 104 today, and with the heat index, is 115-120. Once it gets to "sweat like a pig" temperature, anything more is just fluff. Have Buffett tickets for tomorrow and it will be 105 without the heat index....always the hottest day of the year when he comes to town. Take the heat, lots of alcohol and weed, and people turn into crazies..all trying to catch a glimpse of living the dream! Stay cool!!
Posted By: J DOG Re: Heat wave continues - 08/02/06 11:18 AM
I was thinking about hopping on a plane to escape the heat(97) here in Dayton Oh.
The Water Park has been packed & the water temp. is 88 YUK!!
Can't wait for my favorite time of the year which is fall & Friday Nite High School Football watching my Grandson play.
Will be down to S.P. in Feb.counting the days!!
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: Heat wave continues - 08/02/06 11:51 AM
Alcohol, heat, and weed, sounds like the makings for a green dragon.
Posted By: Texas Sue Re: Heat wave continues - 08/02/06 05:57 PM
Houston, Texas is a cool 89 degrees! have visitor here from NY who says its cooler here than NY and he is amazed
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Heat wave continues - 08/02/06 09:51 PM
If it gets any cooler here in Houston I may have to break out my winter long-johns. eek
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Heat wave continues - 08/03/06 05:09 PM
Hotter here in Syracuse than in El Paso!!!! Feels like Belize - hot & humid, but no sea breeze.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Heat wave continues - 08/03/06 05:45 PM
PLEASE DENNY, PLEASE!!!!!
DO NOT LET ANYTHING BREAK OUT OF YOUR LONG JOHNS

hi sue & texas, what part of town do you hang your hat in?
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ Re: Heat wave continues - 08/03/06 09:16 PM
The thermometer in the car yesterday register the outside temp at 106. Today it's a cool 100. A cold front expected on Saturday. It's only going to be 86 degrees, just in time for my high school reunion.
Posted By: RMT Re: Heat wave continues - 08/03/06 09:23 PM
We have a heat/ac co. here in the Pocono's and I cannot begin to tell you the volume of calls we are getting. Supposed to get some relief on Saturday hopefully....
Posted By: MALIBU Re: Heat wave continues - 08/04/06 06:27 PM
I want to be in the Houston your in Sue! In my part of Houston (Spring) it is HOTTER THAN HELL! When was it 89? During that rain storm yesterday? What was it about 20 min after it stopped raining and the sun came out? I think it was put-me-on-a-plane-there-should-be-sand-under-my-feet it's so da$m hot. .......laugh....
Posted By: mikeh375 Re: Heat wave continues - 08/07/06 02:18 AM
Yesterday the water temperature in my neighbors swimming pool was 91 degrees F., so he called up the local ice house and had them deliver ten, 100# blocks to cool the water down. By this morning it had cooled all the way down to 84. eek
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Heat wave continues - 08/07/06 05:00 AM
San Fran is coooooooooooooooooold! Cold for a Houstonian anyway. wink
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Heat wave continues - 08/07/06 11:23 AM
It was so cold here in Houston, I actually had to put clothes on! eek
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ Re: Heat wave continues - 08/07/06 01:22 PM
Tempertures dropped some here in MD. It's now between 85-90 degrees. I went to my high school reunion Saturday night and all these old people were there. Hmmmmmmm.............
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Heat wave continues - 08/07/06 05:33 PM
Hey there, TQ! Welcome back to CA - Time for us to initiate another part of the state! wink
Posted By: JZB Re: Heat wave continues - 08/07/06 05:40 PM
The weather on the island is absolutely spectacular!
Posted By: JZB Re: Heat wave continues - 08/07/06 05:56 PM
Correction, WAS spectacular. A little rainstorm just popped up...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board