AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Hola, mi amigos

Posted By: Hon

Hola, mi amigos - 08/12/06 06:35 PM

After a fun filled day of air travel on August 10th, we are back home from visiting our son in beautiful British Columbia. We had to put up with slightly longer lines at security and visibly armed guards (which we Canadians are not used to) but felt extremely lucky to be travelling within the country.

The international queues were insane! I now know the lengths to which some people will go in order to keep their toiletries in their carry on. I saw a guy being hauled away because he wouldn't give up his shaving foam...and he was yelling that security wasn't being reasonable :rolleyes: Old women were swearing like troopers as they desperately applied one last coat of lipstick before they tossed the tube into a bin with a force powerful enough to blow them up if they did indeed contain anything explosive.

All in all it was a very interesting day to be at the airport...although it might not have seemed so if I owned cosmetics laugh
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/12/06 06:50 PM

smile
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/12/06 09:53 PM

Well we got our wake up call ,It is a new world out there kids...
Sanpedro is looking better to me every day .
Posted By: Nova

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/12/06 11:01 PM

I hear ya cappy - dropped my 11 yr old off at Halifax International 3 weeks ago to fly to New York - I took her to the gate and to do so had to go thru TIGHT security. They scanned me from top to bottom, had me take off everything but my grundies, and when they were done, I thanked them! (Much to their suprise). Whatever it takes to keep safe, I say.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 12:44 PM

Are you kidding me? You mean not only can I not carry a small container of hand cream, but I can't even have a lipstick?? Wow, I didn't expect that. I guess that means no mascara either. Geez . . good thing I have very dark lashes in the first place . . .
Posted By: JZB

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 02:10 PM

You Are Kidding???!!!! No make up???? Im taking a quick trip to TX this week and was planning on only taking carry on. I thought I was being smart by having my hotel concierge put toothpaste, hair products etc in my room for my arrival, but make up changes everything! Maybe our boys in Belize won't be as picky....

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 02:27 PM

Oh my god whats a guy going to do..
Posted By: klcman

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 02:29 PM

Cappy, methinks you'll be just fine! Last I knew you had quite an inventory of said items wink

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 02:38 PM

Wink,wink,wink wink, for sure..

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 03:13 PM

This is very serious stuff captJ. Think of all the pasty faced, limp haired, unshaven people in the world right now! Terrorists are truly making this world an ugly place! :p

When they have taken our sense of humor, you know all is lost!

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 03:54 PM

I have seen you !!you need nothing to look great your a beauty, and josh is a lucky man.!!! On a not so serious note most people do need lots of make up at three in am ..life has changed things as we know ..More imprtant is how big is your heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!not how we look...

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 04:43 PM

AAAAWWWWWW, thank you.
Posted By: DANZA

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 08:11 PM

JZB But how long for the choclate ban from the airport duty free????

Are gummi bears gel?? What a way to go.

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 08:48 PM

Good question Danza! Are gummi bears nothing more than a more solid gel? You know we can't live without our gummis!!!
Posted By: ida_y_vuelta

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/13/06 09:41 PM

capt jeff... that's so sweet of you to say and it's true that most ppl don't need makeup on at 3am but from a girls stand point makeup becomes a necessicity like your beer!! haha j/k...

Last time i put my makeup in my checked luggage a few of my eyeshadows came out shattered which is really frustrating... frown but i suppose life goes on... wink
Posted By: Littleengine

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/14/06 03:18 PM

A friend of mine just flew from Halifax to visit me in Toronto and they went so far as to ask her if she had any Tylenol Liqui-Gel pills... if they count, I'm afraid gummy bears do too.

Sigh. And to think I was going to go carry on to AC when I visit in October.
Posted By: DANZA

Re: Hola, mi amigos - 08/14/06 09:03 PM

Well if I can't carry on the gummis maybe more than half will make it all the way next time.

I hope they have a separate line for people who want to argue. I just want to get out of Dodge.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board