AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: reaper "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 10/25/06 10:41 PM
The third annual skydive event is going to be huge once again!!

I just returned from the USPA National Skydive Championships in Arizona, competing with some of the SkydiveBelize staff on a team named "Belize Breeze".

Interest in the boogie is crazy this year and we have booked the entire SunBreeze Hotel and most of the AquaMarina Suites.

Jumpers are coming from the US, Canada, Belize, South Africa, Switzerland, Brazil, Saudi Arabia and the UK.

Once again we will be offering tandem jumps and video. Come join Windjammer for another birthday leap!!!

I'll post the nightly party places when the itinerary gets finalised!

I'll see you February 10th-19th, 2007!!! cool
Posted By: Windjammer Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 10/25/06 10:44 PM
You know I'm going to be there. Can't wait! :p
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 10/25/06 11:13 PM
I'll be there Reaper. It'll be my 85th birthday present to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 12:30 AM
Boogie update!(due to so many pm's lately!)
114 people signed on to date!
I'll be posting the party night itinerary soon!
Tandem jump-$225usd
Video and stills-$110usd
See you in the sky! cool
Posted By: Chloe Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 12:51 AM
My B'day present to self too....yeah!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 01:00 AM
You gonna jump Chloe? Cool!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 01:18 AM
Originally posted by PalapaBob:
I'll be there Reaper. It'll be my 85th birthday present to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
Seems hanging out here has aged you. :p
Posted By: Chloe Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 01:19 AM
Sure hope to jump. Reaper said I would be safe.. so what the hell, jump.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 01:21 AM
I'll take great care with our Chloe! I'm jumping with her!
Posted By: Chloe Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 01:23 AM
REAPER...thanks a million. Then for sure I am in good hands...love ya!
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 01:23 AM
With age comes wisdom Law, and yet I'm still here. I'm so conflicted. Don't you have multiple dates? (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 01:31 AM
Yeah, well, with advanced age comes loss of several faculties.

Multiple dates in about an hour. Gotta tape the dog hair off my slacks and brush my teeth and I'm good to go. :rolleyes:
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 01:58 AM
No wonder I couldn't find some of my faculties, I guess I'll quit looking. I had a feeling they left.
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 02:04 AM
They did - T'day break. They will be back on Monday, ready to fire up those little undergrads.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 02:08 AM
And the undergrads now look like they're 12.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 02:10 AM
Another hijacked thread, sorry.
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 02:12 AM
ahhh it isn't like HE's never done it! But then, go ahead, suck up.....get your odds improved laugh
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 02:16 AM
Whatever it takes (almost)!
Posted By: NYgal Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 02:58 AM
I'd jump..... wink

That would be a perfect B-Day present Chloe laugh
Goot tinkin' wink smile
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 03:00 AM
Then show up! cool
Posted By: NYgal Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 03:04 AM
I just may do that....... wink laugh laugh
Watch for NYgal... cool
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 03:09 AM
I'll watch for NYgal...getting launched out of the door...at 13,000ft!!!
And then we'll stroll on down to pedro's and win the $$$$!!!! laugh :p wink eek cool
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 03:14 AM
put her tandem with P1! WWE @13k
Posted By: NYgal Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 03:17 AM
Get your camera ready for that...... Big Laugh !! laugh
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 11/22/06 03:18 AM
That's just wrong...but I love the way you think!
Posted By: Dan Carey Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/02/06 07:35 PM
Will there be any instruction for a first solo jump?
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/02/06 07:38 PM
Yeah, open chute!
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/02/06 07:42 PM
Ummm....gonna jump (no pun intended) in here for The Man, but I don't think that a first solo jump is likely to happen Dan.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/02/06 09:35 PM
It could happen KLC, Just depends if someone pisses off the reaper @ 13,000 feet eek
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/02/06 11:12 PM
Hi Dan, We can take you on a tandem jump. The wind and narrow landing area doesn't mix well with first time solo jumps! Crocs to the west and sharks to the east!
Check out Skydive Arizona in Eloy. They have a great skydive school for a first jump course.
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/02/06 11:43 PM
"Crocs to the west and sharks to the east!" ---sounds like it belongs in a Buffett song!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/03/06 12:43 AM
Clowns to the left of me,
jokers to the right,
here I am
Stuck in the middle with you
Posted By: wonderwoman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/03/06 04:35 AM
I wanna, but.....would rather serve ya'll drinks at Coco Loco's and watch the excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does look so fricking easy! Especially the landings! Maybe can work up my courage and bank account!
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/03/06 04:42 AM
Hey Linda, I'll be sitting with you, watching. I wish I could get up the nerve to jump, but I'm afraid of heights, and that would do me it, I'm afraid!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/03/06 04:50 AM
I'm trying to get mine up. Got a few months to get there! Where exactly is Coco Loco's?
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/03/06 05:42 PM
DCG, Coco Loco's is right next to the "Landing Area" for the sky divers. (Oppisite Reef Villas on the ocean, just north of the bridge)
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/03/06 07:09 PM
I think I remember where that was. We took a golf cart up north. Past what was sweet Basils, Captain Morgans, and that saw mill everyone was talking about a while back. Don't remember how far we got actually. But the road was getting quite hard to manuver! Thanks!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/03/06 07:10 PM
I think I remember where that was. We took a golf cart up north. Past what was sweet Basils, Captain Morgans, and that saw mill everyone was talking about a while back. Don't remember how far we got actually. But the road was getting quite hard to manuver! Thanks!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/03/06 07:10 PM
SHoot, pardon my stutter.
Posted By: lil'red Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 03:27 PM
Last year at the Boogie in Belize I jumped for the first time in my life. Then I went back for seconds. I don't know if I wll do it again this year, but it was one of the top 5 most amazing things I have ever done in my life.
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 04:29 PM
Please enlighten us as to what the other 4 might be...inquiring minds! (And besides, we don't wanna miss out either!) grin
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 05:21 PM
Yeah, Lil'red...I might not be afraid to try one or two of them, so long as it doesn't include fire or jumping out of moving vehicles. Or, lots of bugs. Or things with big sharp teeth. Or, lightening. But, other than that, I'm game.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 05:32 PM
Better stay in your cave, S&S!
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 05:42 PM
LOL...not a cave, it's more like a pedestal, where I get to watch all the fun stuff, but don't have to get hurt. I just don't do pain very well. But, thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 08:41 PM
lil'red,
Thanks for the great PR! One of the reasons I work so hard year around for a great ten days is the response we get from the first time jumpers! It is great to watch the expressions...Windjammer on her B-day, Amanda and Rosie,SimonB looking like he saw a ghost in the door before we jumped! And when Chris comped his entire staff at the Blue Water grill the first year...what a thrill for us! One of his waiters had never even been in an airplane before!
I'm knee deep in boogie preparations as we're only about 10 weeks away!
Thank you to everyone here that has supported our group. We have 130 people coming down so far! And we'll be trying Pasta La Vista for sure!
If you are in San Pedro from February 10-19 please stop in at the SunBreeze and say hello. I'll be the guy running around like "mother hen"! And for sure stop in and sing happy birthday to Windjammer!
I'll be posting the nightly party list soon, come join us at the local establishments each evening!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 09:26 PM
reaper, if you need anyone to help with packing the chutes, let me know!(hee-hee)
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 09:29 PM
I know several who would LOVE to pack yours!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 09:36 PM
Thanks rykat, but we only use long hair liberals as "nylon folding technicians!"
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 10:11 PM
hehee good one KLC! Hey reaper, keep us posted so I know where to find everyone! (I mean for sure at Pedro's for the poker tourney on the 11th) I'll be in on Friday 9th. But I can't stay and play too long. Gotta come back home on the 13th. MAYBE during that time frame you can convince me it's totally insane and perfectly alright to jump out of a perfectly good plane!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 10:32 PM
Take the sky...it's really less traveled!
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 10:41 PM
Looks like I'll be there reaper. Still don't know exactly when or where -- but it'll likely be the 9th - 13th with our cowgirl sister above. Keep me on your list for partying at least!!

Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 10:54 PM
That's great news! With mrs. and/or brother????
The poker game just got better!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:17 PM
I like Yankee money : )
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:19 PM
too bad ya won't have any left!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:22 PM
Reaper, think Ill jump. Right on that "man made island" whose name is $@^^%
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:25 PM
eek cool smile blush laugh
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:29 PM
Watch it cave man !
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:30 PM
I broke your code in 1.1 seconds
Posted By: travelqueen Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:31 PM
Brother and I are jumping. Oh dear!...
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:31 PM
I knew you would, HA!
Posted By: travelqueen Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/04/06 11:46 PM
we'll see... what about you????
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/05/06 12:21 AM
Hey otter, did you get your brother to come as well? Just wonder if all our cajoling got him to go?
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/05/06 12:36 AM
Brother may or may not come -- I decided not to make it contingent on him. What the hell - I'm in regardless. I'll wait til the end of the week to decide the specifics. If brothewr comes, Aqua Marina -- if it's just me, then probably Pedro's.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/05/06 12:54 AM
Hey, E - i got that code in no time! laugh
Posted By: sweetjane Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/05/06 08:05 PM
law, otter, pb, reaper et al - plz see my post on otter's thread...
Posted By: lil'red Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/05/06 09:15 PM
Hey reaper, I actually did my first tandem on the same run as Amanda. It was clear blue and utterly amazing. I was astounded on my second jump to realize that those fluffy things right there were clouds! And I was falling past them at 120 miles per hour! It really blew my mind. (so much, I forgot to pull.....lol)
I have e-mailed with Rich and am working on a promotion for you guys while you are here. We already do free delivery to the Sunbreeze, but we will be doing food promo's for sure. Gonna be a good time.
Posted By: San Pedro Daily Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 12/05/06 09:21 PM
A "Flying Pasta" Special?
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/09/07 11:02 PM
Ok kids...it's only 4 weeks until the festivities begin!

Just a quick update...

We have over 80 jumpers and 148 people total so far, not counting all of you board members!

The jump plane will be in on the 9th and we should be jumping the 10th!

My good pal Molly is coming down with some really cool t-shirts and other stuff you will want to check out. There will be a sales display at the SunBreeze.

Jeff Pierce and Jules Escalante are cleaning up the landing area of the construction equipment, and Harriet (scubaldy)is helping out with garbage removal with the kids again. Thanks to all who alerted me to the condition of the LZ.

Our welcoming dinner is the 10th at the Blue Water Grill. It is a private party for all of the jumpers, however please feel free to stop in around 10pm to enjoy some live music and meet some pretty cool folks.

I welcome everyone to stop in and say hi, check it out and enjoy the festivities. If you want to jump just show up and we'll get you on a plane!

Tandems are $225usd and video and stills are $110usd.

The landing area is just across the bridge by Reef Village and Coco Loco's bar. Please come watch the landings, but stay out of the landing area when canopies are in the air. They land at 50 mph sometimes!

Ok, I have done my part! Let's do a SUN and Blue Sky Dance you locals!!!!!!!!!!

See you all there!!!!!!
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/10/07 12:04 AM
I so can't wait to see you guys come down from the sky. Nothing like sitting on my veranda, with a cold drink in hand, and hearing the flapping of the chutes, and looking up to see the smiling faces as they float down to the ground. One of the things I always look forward to in February. Not too much longer, Reaper....still considering a jump...but still very scared.
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/10/07 02:58 PM
You're telling me that if Spurs or SJ get me liquored up and agree to do a tandem, I can just show up with cash on hand and jump? S*it, I'm not too sure about this guys.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/10/07 03:07 PM
hee hee thanks for the idea, otter wink
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/10/07 03:56 PM
(wink) Good one Otter!! Now where did I put that bottle of One Barrel? Need a drink Otter??? I promise I won't make it that strong (says chuckling to herself!)
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/16/07 12:22 AM
Hey Reaper, Let me get this Boogie in Belize thing straight. You pay 225US for a ride, they take you up to 13,000 feet (less then half the altitude you go on a normal plane), Then someone pushes you out eek sick and you land on the ground (Safely) smirk , So let's see, Do you give frequent fly-er miles? cry and if so do you only give them for half frown of the flight? Is the amount you charge Half of what a full ride would cost? I don't see the savings of flying on Reaper Airlines especially the quick landing thing. What if I stub my toe or something? cry Sorry to say I will not be on your plane for the boogie in Belize flights. Let me know when you can figure out how to land the plane at the airport and maybe I will change my mind. Your pal (on the ground wink ) 2miles grin ....Have a great (And Safe) time I'm sorry I will miss the "Boogie" by a week or two. Don't drink all the Belikins and Rum Punch, save some for me.. crazy
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/16/07 05:07 AM
2miles...now what is Pedro1 going to do for money??? He was hired to pack for your jump.....
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/16/07 11:36 PM
Reaper, He can have my spot. Oh and I'll pack for his fall, I mean jump eek
Posted By: Marty Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/30/07 01:55 AM
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0505/reader_photo_01.html
Friends & Family: The Farringtons and friends take the plunge into Belize's Blue Hole.

"In February 2005, eight daring people (who were also our friends and family) set out to be some of the first to skydive into Belize's Blue Hole, a half-mile-wide (0.8-kilometer-wide), 480-feet-deep (146-meter-deep), perfectly round sink hole. Even though Belize is a very popular dive spot, there have been very few commercial skydiving trips in Belize-let alone the Blue Hole-before our trip.

"In a plane provided by Washington-based Kapowsin Air Sports (www.skydivekapowsin.com) and piloted by our dad, we took off from the San Pedro airport. At about 45 miles (72 kilometers) out to sea and 13,000 feet (3,963 meters), the group prepared to jump. Forming a round like this one wasn't hard, and it was a perfect photo opportunity. We did a total of 60 dives in the hole and on the island.

"Water jumps are a little nerve-wracking but also exhilarating. You have to jump with extra gear, like flotation devices, to be ready to enter the water. Andy also needed a dry bag to put his camera in after the parachutes opened."

-Andy, 24, and Keri Farrington, 28
Kapowsin, Washington

Photograph courtesy of Andy Farrington
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/30/07 03:07 AM
Look how cute that guy in the lower left, black and grey container is!

Andy took the photo!

Excellent job!!!
Posted By: DB Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/30/07 03:47 AM
Reaper,
Sign me up for the poker tourney at Pedro's.
I'll bring my donation with.....

C U there.

DB
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/30/07 03:57 AM
DB is Inked! C-ya there!!
Posted By: Axeman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/30/07 02:14 PM
Reaper, You know I'm playing as well right?
Posted By: Axeman Re: "Boogie in Belize III" Update - 01/30/07 02:15 PM
If thats you in the gray and black, you do a wonderful Frog imitation!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board