AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Hi,

My partner, Heather and I, are looking to purchase a SMALL bar/restaurant/accommodations business or combo or even a lot perhaps to build same either in Ambergris Caye or on the Costa Maya.

We currently live in Yucatan and know Costa Maya very well and have been to Ambergris Caye but not in awhile (we know it has changed a lot!)
We also owned and lived in our own small hotel
in New Orleans for many years so know the business.

We take a boat from Xcalak to Ambergris on Dec 1 for several days there and then return to Ambergris again for a followup just before Christmas so this is a serious search.

No BIG BOY GRANDIOSE replies please, ours is a small, modest endeavor but will be a cash transaction anywhere between 100,000 and 600,000 depending on whether it is a commercial/residential zoned lot OR an existing turnkey business OR some kind of renovation; depends on location and condition of property as well as other factors.

So we look forward to any and all responses EXCEPT FROM REALTORS, SORRY - WE WILL ONLY DEAL DIRECTLY WITH OWNERS.

Reach us at [email protected]

Thanks a lot,
Alan and Heather
I understand the Stained Glass Pub is for sale again. I don't know who to tell you to contact, tho. Perhaps someone on the island can help? Good luck with your efforts.
I've sent your info to Marie who owns Stained Glass Pub.
"So we look forward to any and all responses EXCEPT FROM REALTORS, SORRY - WE WILL ONLY DEAL DIRECTLY WITH OWNERS."....then make sure you hire a good Belizean attorney if you find something you want to buy.
Chris on my god I was thinking the same thing,Only I was thinking two ,good attorneys one to watch the other lawyer !!!!you hire!!
A great deal of the property on the caye has absentee owners and is only available through real estate agents. You are severely limiting your choices.
About time someone stood up and said I do not want to deal with sleazy realtors-absolute crooks the lot of them-I can fully understand why you want to deal directly with owners-in fact I can see myself being able to sell Pedro's for around 2 mil-an absolute bargain as you are asking me because we have rooms/kitchen restaurant bar everything that you need and want-I will just have to chuck out my better clients-Amanda and Chris (sunrise),Chris (Pelican),Richard (Cayo),Steve and Mark(Paradise) and Cristina from Southwind because they may inform you that I am underselling Pedro's-please bring any form of U.S. currency
Is that 2Mil usd or bzd?????????
A bargain at any price!
Pedro mustn't want to sell his place too badly, since they've told that they only have up to $600,000 (in cash) to spend. He should have priced his place at $600,000 . . then he'd have 'em, right where he wants 'em.
moron
Yes, you are . .pricing your property right out of the market like that.

(wg)
Hey, how about coco loco's???? Please...I need new owners!!
Seashell and Pedro sitting in a tree...K I S S I N G :p :p
LOL.

That's not kissing Bill, that's flipping each other the bird.
Couldn't you at least pucker up and smack your lips a little bit as you launch that little birdie?
Here we go off the topic Again ! ! ! lets take the Poo to the chat???
What are you smoking, this is chat?
Man this all reminds me of that Barenaked Ladies song...IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS (I'd buy you a monkey - haven't you always wanted a MonkEEEEE?!) because running a business and trying to make a profit down here would be akin to having that very monkey on your back.

But if that is what you want then good luck with it. Maybe the market ain't saturated just yet.
Originally posted by wonderwoman:
Hey, how about coco loco's???? Please...I need new owners!!
I drove by Coco Loco twice last week and didn't stop in because it was packed!! You must be doing a great job over there.
didn't someone say sweet basil went under? had a good rep.
wilted quite some time ago
I new that, just a test.
Alan and Heather, it would be wise to work with the local reputable real estate agents on any purchase, or even a commercial lease, or else you will spend a lot more on Belizean attorneys (Capn Jeff was right on about getting one to watch the one you hire...). Otherwise you will run into all sorts of headaches researching titles, effectuating a proper conveyance, etc. Hope you find something just right! Live the dream.
Spent the afternoon at Coco Loco. The place was packed the whole time! Admittedly it can't handle a big crowd but it sure rocks! Wonderwoman has it happening!
Wow! I am going to make my third post in six years. While I am definately a sleazy real estate agent, I just want to say that the owners of the establishments I represent ask that I weed through all the customers who would like information about their businesses. I presently represent four of the major restaurant/bars on the island and would happily assist you. Have a great day and a wonderful visit to our island.
Thanks you guys!! We really have been having a lot of fun lately! Just a joke earlier about needing new owners.......all's well! Way too much fun for a job!
wonderwoman, we'll find a nice bar for you to run :-)
Workmen have been busy this past week cleaning up Sweet Basisl's. I stopped and asked some questions and was told that Jeff Pierce (of Reef Village fame) has purchased it.
I was told earlier in the week that Jeff Pierce bought the Stained Glass Pub.
Don't know how much truth is in either but interesting anyway.
hee, hee...am thinking that computer transcribing is the way to go, what do you think?
Jerry McDermitt told me once the secret to making a million in Belize...bring six million.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board