AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join?

Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 09:53 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wyoming Carla

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:13 PM

is there a web site SIN? Never mind....the old eyes just spotted it....

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:15 PM

www.bobmarleymovement.com
Posted By: klcman

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:19 PM

Banana smoking does strange things to the eyes. And, causes double postings. wink
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:19 PM

i want to go!!!!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:22 PM

Hmm....I can't get anything to load up....bummer!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:24 PM

So....that's what causes that! I always wondered.....let's go TQ!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:32 PM

The Belize Mission to the Bob Marley Movement. I'll bring the flags and Belize T-shirts. We can probably get official press passes (up close and personal) not that we need em', the Marley family is great and very welcoming.

So it's a date? Stay on South Beach, the Clevlander Hotel, yeah baby!

SIN

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:32 PM

The Belize Mission to the Bob Marley Movement. I'll bring the flags and Belize T-shirts. We can probably get official press passes (up close and personal) not that we need em', the Marley family is great and very welcoming.

So it's a date? Stay on South Beach, the Clevlander Hotel, yeah baby!

SIN

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:43 PM

God, wouldn't that just be a blast?!??!?
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 10:55 PM

Looks cool and I am a reggae freak. Hey SIN, what about that Reggae on the River festival in Northern Cal? Since I live here and have never been, I'm going to go this year. 8/3 to 8/5. Have to check out the website and lineup of artists.

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 11:01 PM

I'd like to make THAT one too....maybe we could all hook up and stay with Deacon?

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 11:07 PM

I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 11:10 PM

www.reggaeontheriver.com

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 11:22 PM

Gee thanks, LaurieMar.....you just made me spend $$$ Bought the CD from last year....love new music....

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 11:24 PM

I'll be in Piercy again this year, FA SURE!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/19/07 11:29 PM

so....where duz a feller stay out there? Or did you stay with Ms. Deborah? What I should ask is.....is it hard to find a place to stay....close?

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 12:03 AM

Carla - are you talking about Reggae on the River? If so, a feller would fly into Sacramento and make the drive up north - just a few hours. Now, I might just go back to the website and buy the CD!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 12:08 AM

After it's over with, I wouldn't want to drive two hours to crash somewhere....but I forget we are talking about Cali here....it's really just one big place with stuff everywhere...don't see how they tell when one City starts and ends....etc...maybe there is lodging in Piercy.......

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 12:09 AM

Tix go on sale on or about 3/1. I am there fa sure too!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 12:19 AM

I wish I could plan on it...but I'll have to wait and see. So Sac is the closest, best place to fly in to, 'eh LM? Then rent a car and go from der....I'll be on top of this one. We always go to Reggae on the Rocks near Denver, which is very similar to the river concert...a lot of the same people. The only way to make sure you GET to these things, is to make a plan....TEENAH!!!!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 12:24 AM

Yes re above - if you are interested, you may want to double check with SIN and see if he knows of a better plan to get there. It is only 2-3 hour drive north of me and it is not big city - rural, beautiful, redwoods, forest area etc. Also, the area most known for growing, if ya know what I mean.

Red Rock amphitheatre? Been there - a great place, but never saw the reggae show.

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 12:34 AM

Nice farming area, 'eh? COOL! Yes, the Reggae show was in the amphitheatre...it was so wonderful....Jah love. Great place for a concert....as long as it's nice weather anyway! I've seen SIN's pics of the river concert last year...it looks fabulous....I would really like to go to that one. We'll see! It may be best to just drive out there.....then come back and go to Reggae on the Rocks, which is usually the third weekend in August....I could handle THAT!
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 12:35 AM

I want to go to Mama Marley's restaurant yum.

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 01:00 AM

The area is aka the "Emerald Triangle". LOL.

Carla - if you decide to make the trip and need a place to stay for a night, mi casa is on the way - no problem helping out a fellar. I know you know Robert E and Loie - I met them in Belize and also Denver once - where the hell are they lately?

Whoops, I think I hi-jacked SIN's Miami Marley thread - sorry.

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/20/07 06:58 PM

LM...that is so kind....Let me look at my calendar. I should have some vacation time saved up by then....just tapped it all out going to SP. LM...I PM'd you.....and thanks again...I'll be in touch about dis!!!!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/21/07 05:18 PM

Reggae on The River will change you, for the better. Probably one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced besides looking down on Jerusalem from The Mount of Olives.

Reggea on The River is all about the huge trees and the Eel river. Rent an RV or pack a tent, it's a three day festival that doesn't stop, so don't leave. Rent a van and camp out in the back. We have a RV and end up parking next to the showers (he he). Way cool. When you can enter is based on the camp site you get. Check out the message boards on www.reggaeontheriver.com, helped me a bit. But nothing like being there.

Picture N. Cali (scenery), Amsterdam (??) and Jamaica (music) mixed all together with a happy international crowd.

PM if you want to link up with Camp Belize ROTR 2007 this year.

SIN
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/22/07 02:56 AM

SIN...i'd go to miami. quick enough flight after all...no down side as far as i can tell. if you are seriously going, let me know...

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/22/07 07:59 PM

SIN....NOW yer talkin....Ya just STAY THERE! I've got an RV that's way comfy, but to drive it all the way out there would cost about as much as I paid for it. BUT....renting something could be an option! If nothing else, drive out in the little car with my tent....camp next to the showers! Sounds like my kinda reggae ting, rasta ting, Jah love ting.

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/22/07 09:26 PM

Jah mon!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/22/07 09:29 PM

I'll be in Miami for the show, definitely.
Posted By: Gela

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/23/07 05:36 AM

SIN - looks very interesting - I cannot do Miami but Reggae on the River is a definitely posibility smile

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/27/07 06:53 PM

REGGAE FANS....I received the CD that I ordered of the 20th Anniversary of Reggae on the River yesterday.....VERY much worth the $$ I spent...it's an awesome CD....Live, but done very nicely without alot of background noise. FYI!!! It's really building a fire under me to get a plan together to join up with camp Belize, SIN. YEEHAW!

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/28/07 07:49 AM

so SIN...when ya leaving, what are the arrangements. I'm in. just give me the deets.

Re: Bob Marley Movement Mar 3rd - Miami, care to join? - 01/28/07 07:50 AM

way i see it, saves me a stamp at immigration for the month of march...may as well leave for MIA smile....little music, little chillin....seriously, would be fun...
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board