AmbergrisCaye.com Home

All the Rage

Posted By: SP Daily

All the Rage - 03/15/07 01:34 AM

We can’t deny it any longer. There’s no point in hiding it, no point in trying to explain it away. Yes, it’s true: We progressives are angry. And we no longer care if the centrist, moderate guardians of the establishment scold us for it.
Our anger is not just some vague feeling whose source we can’t put our finger on. It isn’t based on absurd conspiracy theories and it isn’t illogical.
We’re angry because of what has happened to our country, because of how we’ve been treated, and because of the innumerable crimes the conservatives have committed. We’re angry at the president, we’re angry at the Congress, we’re angry at the news media. And we have every right to be.
http://www.commondreams.org/views07/0314-27.htm
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 01:52 AM

There are some valid points in this tirade. Unfortunately, it's peppered with too much whining to be of practical use to anyone trying to make a difference.

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 01:53 AM

Unlike the conservatives, right?

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 01:55 AM

I'm not a conservative, but agree there's ample sh*t out there. Instead of debating who's sh*t stinks the most, I prefer advocating solutions.

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 01:56 AM

So where are your solutions?

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 01:59 AM

http://www.PurpleThink.com

I'm not an expert, but I am an active citizen that researches the issues, campaigns for the things I believe are right and doesn't resort to whining and complaining like most.

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 02:02 AM

The original post was an angry person venting. More power to him.
It's time to get angry...and do something about the criminals in Wash, D.C.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 03:37 AM

hmmmm, wonder how one would go about printing that on a roll of toilet paper?
Yep, time to get angry. Let's start with the left-wing press! ;-)

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 03:47 AM

When the news is bad it's the fault of the "left-wing press", huh Archie?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 04:01 PM

No, Fidel! Read what you wrote. Said your pissed at the press. Press is left....DUH! news is bad? "Our country"? DUH! meds time, Fidel?
Posted By: Bobber

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 04:48 PM

I think we need more Otters in the world. I read the rant. I saw someone who is pissed off at everything in general. Name calling, inuendo, the firm conviction that anyone who does not believe as he does is an obvious idiot. Why don't we elect him president? I could give you a thousand reasons. We do our battling at the ballot box. My impression? Tantrum.
Posted By: ambergriscaye.us

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 08:52 PM

Actually, there is only one road without a deadend.

That is a spiritual one, which does not require any religion to do so.

Re: All the Rage - 03/15/07 09:01 PM

I'm flattered Bobber. I think most start as principled and reasonable but wind-up being jaded by one thing or another. Tragic state of the human condition.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board