AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts?

Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/24/07 06:47 PM

I pay a annual fee at the Town Board for the permit (no other district pays this fee). I pay an annual fee to the Traffic Department for registration. I have a registered and licensed (plate) cart. I also pay insurance and about $US5 per gallon, for gas, which half of the price is taxes. I drive a pretty nice looking cart, to me at least.

I'm not placing a big ugly orange sticker on my cart. Use the money I have paid you to count yourself using the information you have. Hello?

If anyone doesn't like my driving, tell me. Don't try to jot down a number when driving! Your eyes should be on the road and your hands on the weel. What the [#%!]?

I can't believe folks just lined up and put these stickers on their nice carts because someone said to? Where is the S.I. or decree from the Commissioner? Didn't they all ready try this, five years ago?

SIN

Posted By: CB Belize

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/25/07 12:54 AM

is it the actual Belize liscense plate or the registration sticker??
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/25/07 01:14 AM

Neither. It's one more lame attempt to "count" all the vehicles on the island. Somehow a list of registered vehicles from the Transport Department, and a list of all the Town Council permits issued doesn't satisfy the anals that are running this.
I could understand if it was a money raising scheme but if that were the case they could charge much more than BZ$10. And they could save money by nixing the big ugly stickers. Mine is in my wallet, ready to show if necessary.

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/25/07 04:16 AM

Put your trust in a gringo and see what happens! I'm sure my cart will be impounded and I'll be fined but it will not be the first time. This is ludaCHRIS! Thank you Tom.

SIN
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/25/07 06:22 PM

And, what is the purpose for "knowing" the number of vehicles on the island? What will they do with that information? Vehicles are a direct result of the number of people on the island. More people = more vehicles. Once there was a talk of a moratorium on vehicles. If they want more tourists and more people to service those tourists, they are going to have to have more vehicles. If not, then put a moratorium on people. Count the people and figure out what the island can support. It is not only vehicles and roads. It is water, sewer, electricty, garbage, housing, etc ie: all the infratructure that is needed to support a population. frown

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/25/07 07:33 PM

True
Posted By: CB Belize

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/25/07 11:15 PM

what are the numbers now??? as far as population and tourist??
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 12:28 AM

They will not know until they put stickers on the people. grin
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 01:31 AM

lol. I'm envisioning SIN with an orange sticker on his head. Pedro too, but as an English football fan, orange would be a hell of an insult.

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 02:55 AM

Rumour has it that they plan to tattoo a number on everyones forearm...tourists too!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 07:51 AM

Pedro's part Irish, so I imagine Orange would have a special significance for him. Which way I'm not sure.
Posted By: kathyw

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 09:50 PM

We paid for and received a sticker in 2003 (I believe this was the correct year) for the exact same thing. Why are they doing this again? Also, when and where do part timers get these stickers?
Posted By: JZB

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 10:04 PM

Hi Kathy! These are big ugly orange stickers that have a number on them and "Hows my driving?" and a phone number. They are hideous. Everyone got one when they did the vehicle survey this weekend. I would imagine you just need to go into the traffic office and pick one up. (If you can get away with not having one, do it!)
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 10:08 PM

Wait, what??? The sticker has a number to call if the driver of the cart is a moron?? This number will be programed in my phone!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 10:08 PM

And a little "hello" to you JZB! ;-)
Posted By: JZB

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 10:31 PM

A Big hello to you TQ. I'm assuming each sticker has a different number so you can call the phone number and say "#2839 just ran over my foot!" etc.

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/26/07 11:16 PM

Or you could use the old tried and true license plate number...
Posted By: belizeonthebeach

Re: Why did everyone put ugly stickers on their carts? - 03/27/07 05:25 AM

I would bet that if the 'Chamber' asked Mr. Chalo real nice at the DMV how many of this and that was on the island he probably has that # in his head.
King Tom gave away free beer in 2003 to get people to stop for the ugly sticker. This time it's $10 bucks and no free beer?
Sorry Your Majesty
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board