AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: tacogirl cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 08:03 PM

This is pretty unbelievable.

You can track anyone via their cell phone by using the
"satellite positioning system."

Just type in the area code and phone number and click "start search."

Apparently you didn't try it. It was a rude joke.
Unacceptable for this audience.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 08:08 PM
Ah, there SIN is! I was looking for him!
Posted By: Chloe Re: cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 08:17 PM
Taco, this really works, well.
Posted By: DB Re: cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 08:30 PM
Hi TG, is there a link to access the system?

DB
Posted By: SimonB Re: cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 08:31 PM
Read above, it was removed by Jesse as being inappropriate.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 08:42 PM
oops sorry I did not think it was that bad when I posted it.

( I fell for it jesse )
Posted By: SP Daily Re: cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 08:46 PM
I doubt that Amanda Syme (as an example) would approve of her daughters seeing that...and they are on here. Lots of kids use this board.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 08:56 PM
True Jessie I did not think about that when I posted. Did not mean to offend anyone.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: cell phone tracking - 03/26/07 10:51 PM
Missed the link, but I hope this isn't possible. Cell phones, alone, are a pain in the butt. People are the ones that use cell phones inappropriately. Don't want to her about someone's private issues while I am out having dinner, etc.! And, the drivers talking on their cells? A major accident waiting to happen.
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: cell phone tracking - 03/27/07 01:43 PM
taco... send me the number, now I wanna try it lol
Posted By: elbert Re: cell phone tracking - 03/27/07 03:03 PM
I forwarded it to Jack Bowers at CTU.
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: cell phone tracking - 03/27/07 03:29 PM
It's really comin folks,TI Single-Chip Solution Drives GPS into Mainstream Mobile Phones
Monday March 26, 7:00 am ET
Industry's Smallest GPS Single Chip, High-Performance NaviLink(TM) 5.0 Solution Spurs Growth of Location-Based Services

DALLAS, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (NYSE: TXN - News; TI) today announced a new single-chip device that is expected to drive GPS applications into mainstream mobile phones. Built on TI's innovative DRP(TM) single-chip technology, the NaviLink(TM) 5.0 solution has a footprint of 25mm2, delivering high performance with the industry's smallest solution size and lowest bill of materials, making GPS more affordable to accelerate adoption in mobile phones. The new NaviLink 5.0 GPS receiver architecture provides fast "time to first fix" (TTFF) in weak signal conditions typical in metropolitan areas and deep indoor environments. With GPS available in more handsets, operators can broadly deploy location-based services consumers have come to expect, such as rich 3D mapping and navigation applications.

ADVERTISEMENT
The NaviLink 5.0 solution supports both assisted-GPS (A-GPS) and stand- alone modes of operation. Unlike other GPS architectures, the NaviLink 5.0 chip requires minimal host loading and memory requirements, providing system design flexibility and reduced power consumption, which are key concerns for handset manufacturers. The chip also exceeds 3GPP and OMA SUPL performance requirements, enabling ease of integration in mobile phones.

"Most consumers are familiar with accessing navigation data from their in- car systems and via the Internet. With TI's high-performance NaviLink 5.0 solution, we enable handset manufacturers to offer affordable personal navigation systems and applications in mobile phones for on-the-go consumers anytime, anywhere," said Marc Cetto, general manager of TI's Mobile Connectivity Solutions business.

With location-based services on the mobile phone, busy consumers can access information about services and businesses in their immediate area such as ATMs, restaurants, movie theatres, and more. They can also identify the location of family and friends through "presence" management, which lets users locate personal contacts via their handset.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: cell phone tracking - 03/27/07 03:37 PM
I'm probably missing something (must be - I don't understand the reference to kids) but hasn't it been possible for years for the operator of the mobile system to identify the cell a phone is in? What they seem to be talking about now is giving similar capability to the phone user. I do know that in England the tracking of individual entities (people, cars) in urban areas is being found extraordinarily difficult.
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: cell phone tracking - 03/27/07 04:57 PM
The "New" part of it all is in the last paragraph of the TI article. Looks like they will be able to tell which beer joint your husband/wife is in,if your phone is on of course.
Talk about privacy invasion !
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: cell phone tracking - 03/27/07 05:23 PM
Cell phone tracking is nothing new. Any recently manufactured cell phone has a built-in tracking device, which can allow eavesdroppers to pinpoint someone's location to within just a few feet. I remember reading an article late last year where testimony during an organized crime trial revealed that the FBI has the ability from a remote location to activate a cell phone and turn its microphone into a listening device that transmits to an FBI listening post, a method known as a roving bug. So, if you interested in concealment, pull the battery.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: cell phone tracking - 03/27/07 05:24 PM
Duh, now I saw the link. Too funny IMHO of course.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board