AmbergrisCaye.com Home

ROAD/ELECTRICITY

Posted By: boricua

ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/13/07 08:22 PM

I hate this,but I will try it.I would like an opinion,but an opinion totally free of politics or personal feelings one way or another.I have been told by a developer that a road to the north of the island is currently in progress as well as electricity to parts north of town,on the other side of the river.Any unbiased imfo,as to the truth of this manner ,would be appreciated.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/13/07 08:41 PM

the power is definitely up as far as Blue reef and set to go up to Tranquility Bay in the near future.

The road is about the same as always.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/13/07 09:19 PM

How can an opinion be free of personal feelings?
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/14/07 01:51 AM

There is going to be water & sewer extended to the north end.....a decent road, IMHO, would go hand & hand.....either that or the existing road....if that's what you want to call it...will be in even worst shape because of the vehicles that will be needed to install the water & sewer.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/14/07 02:38 AM

can't imagine the water and sewer service going far over the bridge.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/14/07 03:03 PM

According to the newspaper the first phase will only cover the northern part of town (San Mateo and Boca del Rio.) Currently the water supply north of Oasis only consists of a .5" main feeder line. Not sure how far sewage lines go north. Looks like it'll be quite a long time before town water reaches up into areas like Tres Cocos.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/14/07 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by pedro2
How can an opinion be free of personal feelings?
lolol so true!

Simon, I heard the same thing although, not my personal feelings, just a rumor. laugh
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/14/07 08:47 PM

I think opinion + personal feelings would look something like this...

"Looks like it will be quite some time before water and sewer will be as far north as Tres Cocos --- and it's Deacon's fault"

smile
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/15/07 03:57 PM

Once they trust you any San Pedronean (sic) will tell you “Some day we will be able to drive to Mexico.”
Check out the governments plan to sell off the lagoon from San Mateo (the north end of the bridge) up to the Buena Vista area. The original plan was to sell lots for $15,000 (perhaps BZ $) with $10,000 of it to go for dredging. That means that everyone who now has a lagoon front lot in this area would suddenly have 2nd row back.
There have been some revisions to this and I’m not totally up on them but this is where they talk about putting the real road.
Keep you eyes open and ear to the ground.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/15/07 04:03 PM

But don't believe what you hear on the street...
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/15/07 05:18 PM

most rumors have a basis in fact

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/15/07 05:20 PM

not necessarily true on Ambergris Caye!
Posted By: Chachacoconut

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/15/07 05:55 PM

Ditto G & D

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/15/07 06:50 PM

Ok...where was the "basis in fact" in the rumour that Tony Brown had died???
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/15/07 08:17 PM

"most"
Posted By: DANZA

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/15/07 09:05 PM

It would be a great rumor for getting around Journey's End. Maybe it just got legs from there and took off on its own.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/16/07 02:57 AM

This town lives and dies on rumours and very few are ever based on fact. El Chisme rules many lives.
Posted By: seashell

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/16/07 05:44 AM

El Chisme probably 'ruins' a few lives too.

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/16/07 09:12 AM

"Chisme" in spanish means gossip, "Rumores" in spanish means rumors and there is a difference folks

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/16/07 09:33 AM

I have to pass this on, it's rather funny and hope that you enjoy it...
AY ABUELITA !

LAWYERS SHOULD NEVER ASK A PUERTO RICAN GRANDMA A QUESTION IF THEY AREN'T PREPARED FOR THE ANSWER.

DURING A TRIAL IN A SMALL TOWN IN PUERTO RICO , THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY CALLED HIS FIRST WITNESS, AN ELDERLY PUERTO RICAN ABUELITA TO THE STAND.

HE APPROACHED HER AND ASKED, "SENORA SANCHEZ, DO YOU KNOW ME?"

SHE RESPONDED, "SI, I KNOW YOU MR. WILLIAMS. I KNOW YOU SINCE YOU WERE A MOCOSO PENDEJO, AND FRANKLY YOU'VE BEEN A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT TO ME, TO YOUR FAMILY AND TO YOUR COMMUNITY. YOU LIE, YOU CHEAT ON YOUR WIFE, AND YOU MANIPULATE PEOPLE, AND YOU THINK YOU'RE A BIG SHOT WHEN YOU ARE NADA, PURA BASURA. YES, I KNOW YOU BABOSO."

THE LAWYER WAS STUNNED, NOT KNOWING WHAT ELSE TO DO, HE POINTED ACROSS THE ROOM AND ASKED, MRS. SANCHEZ, "DO YOU KNOW THE DEFENSE ATTORNEY?"

AGAIN SHE REPLIED, "CLARO QUE SI. I'VE KNOWN MR. RODRIGUEZ SINCE HE WAS A MOCOSO TRAVIESO TOO. HE'S A LAZY PUTO, AND HE HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM. HE CAN'T KEEP A NORMAL RELATIONSHIP WITH NOBODY, AND HE IS THE MOST PENDEJO LAWYER IN THE STATE. NOT TO MENTION HE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE WITH THREE DIFFERENT PUTAS. ONE OF THEM WAS YOUR WIFE! YOU REMEMBER?
I KNOW MR. RODRIGUEZ; HIS MAMA IS NOT PROUD OF HIM TAMBIEN." THE DEFENSE ATTORNEY ALMOST DIED.

THE JUDGE THEN ASKED BOTH COUNSELORS TO APPROACH THE BENCH, AND IN A VERY QUIET DEADLY CALM VOICE SAID, "IF EITHER OF YOU CABRONES ASKS HER IF SHE KNOWS ME, I'LL SEND YOU BOTH TO THE ELECTRIC CHAIR.

Posted By: Tom

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/19/07 04:23 AM

Jesse, you are soooooo right about that.
Agree also do not believe what you hear on the street.
You talk to 5 people, you get 5 different answers for the same question and they will all tell you it is absolutely true.
Posted By: elbert

Re: ROAD/ELECTRICITY - 05/19/07 03:41 PM

Hea Guys I was browsing an found a site/spot where the mayor of Gaza was being interviewed and noticed something very familiar in his comments about Gaza:

Long strip of beach front property
Has beautiful palm trees on beach
Problem with neighbors
In a young and developing country formerly under British control
Has a poorly developed road net work
International air strip 40 km away but has small air strip near by
Town has an inadequate sewage system, individual septic is advised
Brackish well water
Electric supply frequently interrupted
the population had grown to about six times its 1948 size
Title Guarantee unavailable but can provide colorful abstract
Few security concerns