AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty new server soon - 08/27/07 10:17 PM
due to the slowdown experienced on the message board during hurricane dean, which was due to unprecedented traffic, i am moving the website to a spankin new machine. faster, smoother ride.

probably in the next 24 hours. just a heads up we might go dark for a brief period
Posted By: Marty Re: new server soon - 08/27/07 10:19 PM
my email actually stopped for a period during the storm because when server gets soooo busy, it shuts down its sendmail function. we had to let mail thru like 5 minutes each 30 minutes then have the server go back to web first service the rest of the time.

so i am moving the mail server off the webserver, and putting the webserver onto the new machine with no other domains or functions to deal with. just serve out the web.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: new server soon - 08/27/07 10:29 PM
I never had any problems accessing the site during the hurricane. And you did a great job keeping us informed, Marty! xoxo
Posted By: buzzbean Re: new server soon - 08/27/07 10:50 PM
I saw a bit of a slowdown during the hurricane but it kept up and running. I figure under that kind of traffic load, a little slowdown is to be expected. Kudos to Marty for keeping everything up and running, especially since this was during the recovery from the eye injury. It must be better given all the time you put in. I'm sure you've heard it all before but this site was about the only way to get information about San Pedro and the rest of Belize during Dean. Good job!
Posted By: Chloe Re: new server soon - 08/27/07 11:05 PM
Ditto on what buzzbean said! Totally agree.
Posted By: Nova Re: new server soon - 08/27/07 11:14 PM
Ditto on Chloe's ditto! crazy
Posted By: Otteralum Re: new server soon - 08/28/07 01:31 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: denverdan Re: new server soon - 08/28/07 01:44 AM
Marty does indeed rule!
Thanks again for all Marty.
P.S. If you have no need for your old server... I'll take it! ;-)
Posted By: Marty Re: new server soon - 09/06/07 05:45 PM
just for the record, haven't done this yet. In the next week probably.... old server will be the mail server, and house a few domains that aren't related to Belize, like http://seborga.net . check out Seborga if you ever go to the Mediterranean...
http://seborga.net/photos/

its the only other locale i do websites on besides Belize...
Posted By: Marty Re: new server soon - 09/10/07 06:32 PM
UPDATE OF SERVER HAPPENING TODAY, THE ENTIRE AMBERGRISCAYE.COM SITE WILL GO OFF FOR AWHILE
Posted By: Marty Re: new server soon - 09/10/07 07:00 PM
SITE GOING DOWN IN TEN MINUTES, HOPEFULLY FOR LESS THAN AN HOUR
Posted By: Marty Re: new server soon - 09/10/07 07:41 PM
done. brand new faster hardware
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: new server soon - 09/11/07 05:26 AM
woohoo! thanks man!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board