AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Local Jewelry

Posted By: Julian Foster

Local Jewelry - 11/06/07 07:08 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if the local jewelry stores have turquoise for sale? We are coming with a friend who would really like to look (and buy) a piece or two. I noticed a Custom Jewelry sign over a store in a picture of Middle Street and that got me thinking...
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/06/07 07:27 PM

There is some turquoise jewelry for sale. Not raw stones as far as I have seen. New Mexico or Arizona is your best source for that. For completed jewelry, try Ambar in Fido's Courtyard (Front street)
Posted By: Julian Foster

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/06/07 07:29 PM

Thanks, Barbara

Planned to go to Fido's so I sure that I'll find it and let my friend have a good time!!
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/06/07 08:16 PM

Also, while not turquoise, the Jade shop/museum (don't recall the accurate name) has some beautiful pieces. They wrap them in hand woven baskets that are as beautiful as the jewelry.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/07/07 06:32 PM

Ambergris Jade....also on front street. Yes, great jewelry pieces and lots of info on the jade history throughout the region.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/07/07 06:35 PM

I like Ambar and this other cool place that sells some jewelry but mostly different cool things made within Belize, as well as art work. I can't recall the name but you can't miss it - while you're in Fido's.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/07/07 06:36 PM

Laura lowers our net worth every time she gets near Ambar!! laugh
Posted By: natalie p

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/07/07 06:50 PM

I just did most of my Christmas shopping at Ambar's and Belizean Arts at Fido's. Fabulous treasures.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/07/07 11:44 PM

Ah yes... Belizean Arts. Love that place! KC, I'll spend some of your money there!! Humkay? :P
Posted By: Short

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/08/07 02:51 AM

And to make the list complete, the "Emerald Mine" from Rebecca... across the street from the "Jade Museum"; sell mainly emeralds and gold... but also the famous miniature (gold with enamel) Conch Shells as pendant or bracelet.
Posted By: Craigswench

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/08/07 05:43 AM

Wow.... reading this makes me want to go shopping. I have bought really great jewelry from all of the above. Not sure where to find good turquoise there, but I know several places have it.
(I am currently in Phoenix, and going crazy with the turq here!!)
Have fun shopping!!
Posted By: seashell

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/08/07 06:37 AM

Emerald Mine is closed for a while.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Local Jewelry - 11/10/07 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by seashell
Emerald Mine is closed for a while.

The building is being renovated but will hopefully be ready for Xmas.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board