AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Be careful and don't give away your age.

Posted By: elbert

Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/02/08 03:34 PM

cool site ,hope it works for you OLDER guys.
http://moreoldfortyfives.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/02/08 03:53 PM

That was cool elbert. I viewed it more as a student of history, but the 1960s did end with the Otter joining the world in 1969!
Posted By: pugwash

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/02/08 04:21 PM

Excellent Elbert !

There was more change in this decade than any other in history, and it was great to be a part of it.

And Ali is still the Greatest ever!
Posted By: azbob

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/02/08 05:28 PM

Elbert, fantastic! That was a real trip down memory lane for me because I remember every one of the events (owned two of the cars shown). No problem telling my age: I'll be 65 on 3/3, my first day on AC. Pug it was great to have lived it. College, military, but didn't make it to Woodstock. Memories are great, but I don't won't to be 20 again, I worked to hard to make it this far. There is more life ahead!
Posted By: crockhunter

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/02/08 10:30 PM

A simpler time yes, but was it us that pushed the bar up too high too fast? I think we've reached a point where our stardard of living has become unsustainable.
Posted By: DANZA

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/02/08 11:41 PM

Thanks elbert I think I'll continue to hold onto my 4,8, and beta tapes. Maybe they'll make a come back.
Posted By: elbert

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/02/08 11:46 PM

8 track mounted below the dash on a mustang :-0
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/02/08 11:59 PM

My selling my original vinyls at a garage sale for peanuts ranks up there with mom getting rid of my comic book collection. I coulda retired. frown
Posted By: azbob

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/03/08 12:42 AM

Oh how true Bobber. All the things I had sold or gave away are worth a fortune. One of my kids is paying me back for telling those stories. I have been storing 2 very large boxes of orginial Start Wars vehicles, people,etc. In the orginial boxes, unopened for 15 years. If only I had that Loniel Train set from 1950!
Posted By: seaexplore

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/03/08 07:12 AM

ok- so, I'm almost 34 and I REALLY enjoyed that movie. I thought it was a great little synopsis for the decade. I think that if I were in HS now and had to do a decade report I might actually site that movie! Thanks for sharing. 8o)
Posted By: catdance62

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/03/08 03:06 PM

Well, I'm gonna be 46 this year, so my teen years were in the 70's but that was a great video!
Posted By: bobcat bill

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/03/08 03:37 PM

the two radio stations I listened to were WLS & WIBC boy times have changed
Posted By: fishman1

Re: Be careful and don't give away your age. - 02/03/08 11:22 PM

Great display of what life was like for us then!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board