AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Whatever happened to.....

Posted By: Bobber

Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 05:56 PM

Reef Ransom? Anyone ever figure out who he was?

Just curious.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 07:59 PM

I sent him money for his reports it was a few dollars for the year e mailed to me ??that was years ago think I got one paper from him ?? he was great at what he used to post but what flair for writing ????? but alis never anything again?? love his stuff.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 08:07 PM

Funny, Bobber,I had the same thought last weekend and was gonna ask as well.

I do know he got tired of the BS (his words) he read on these pages......

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 08:21 PM

Hmmm, yeah, I can understand that. He was a perceiver of beauty and tranquility and pretty laid back. I can see how this "bustle" of BS, plus the development of SP might have an effect on him. A pity, tho.
Posted By: JZB

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 08:34 PM

You got me curious as to what this Reef ransom was saying but I can't find him on the user list. There's a reefer, a reef lover, a reef watch, etc. No reef ransom.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 08:36 PM

No, Marty posted Reefs writings on here.
Posted By: azbob

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 08:41 PM

You peaked my curiousity and I did some research and found the following:
http://www.reefransom.com/
This one lives on St Croix, but don't know if is the same one. You guys may be able to tell by the writing.
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 08:43 PM

//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/article36.html#jan1903

azbob, the guy you came across "borrowed" the name from the real Reef Ransom

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 08:50 PM

Here's what I scraped up. A little quicker than me, Leah Ann laugh

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/article36.html#sept04

This looks like as recent as I can find. Read some of his stuff, you might like it and learn a few things.

Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 08:57 PM

Heres a later one:
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/article36out.html
Posted By: azbob

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 09:01 PM

The "real" Reef Ransom is a fantastic writer. I've saved the links to the articles so I can read at my leisure. Bobber, thanks for asking about him. It is a new discover for me. If only I could write like that.

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 09:03 PM

Yes I remember that I sent the money a company check it cleared . but then got only one e mail then nothing????? oh well ??

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 09:06 PM

Just going back through it has brought back memories of the times when I would read his articles and get the yearning to be back. I think that "he" was probably the person I envied most.

If "he" is still around, thank you!
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 09:58 PM

I'M IN LOVE! Who is this man and where is he? I just spent the morning reading as much of his poetry as I could. Please tell me he is alive and well and hopefully still here.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 10:03 PM

awe, i miss that easy reading too. right here, mi amigos. maybe it was really marty!!!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 10:07 PM

that http://www.reefransom.com/ link sure reads like him. maybe he's not on ambergris anymore. haven't heard from him in awhile..... i'll try emailing him....
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 10:14 PM

i can't read it all right now, but i don't remember immediate family members being mentioned.
what a shame, i do seem to remember him writing that his orchids were finally taking off in his yard.

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/13/08 10:55 PM

This is so strange, can he be off the island ?? He loved the island I think?? lets us know he is ok please???
Posted By: Danny2

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/14/08 01:03 AM

Another mystery unfolds.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/14/08 04:12 AM

From the "other" Reef's site:
http://www.reefransom.com/Reef.html

Who is Reef Ransom?

Well, on this web site Reef is Darrin, but I am not the original Reef. I'm a technical guy, and don't have a creative bone in my body, so I "borrowed" the name from someone else who is a much better writer than me.

After returning from a trip to Belize, I knew that at some point in my life I wanted to live on a small island in the caribbean. I searched out information about living in Belize, and came across Reef Ransomís site. Reef updated his site about every 45 days. He was writing a blog before blogís were popular. I really enjoyed reading his page, and particularly liked his style of writing. Unfortunately, Reef quit publishing his updates. He is writing a book and will have it available soon. You can read Reefís journal here: //ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/article36out.html

The real Reef came across my website and asked how I came about choosing this name. After explaining my story to him, he was kind enough to continue to allow me to use the name for my website about St. Croix; thanks, Reef.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/14/08 04:42 AM

VERY INTERESTING. good work bro
Posted By: seashell

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/14/08 07:20 AM

At one point in time, I believed his house to be for sale, but never heard more about it.

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/14/08 03:26 PM

Maybe the new Reef will tell us the identity of the old reef?
Posted By: Phil

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/14/08 03:42 PM

It's Pedro 1
Posted By: Danny2

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/14/08 05:06 PM

Ummmm?

Re: Whatever happened to..... - 02/14/08 05:17 PM

laugh
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board