AmbergrisCaye.com Home

$ 500.00 CASH REWARD

Posted By: PalapaPappa

$ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/19/08 08:08 PM

The Palapa Bar and Grill in North Tres Cocos is offering a

$ 500.00 CASH REWARD for EACH person that is

arrested and convicted of the break in and trashing of The Palapa Bar last night.

Thieves broke in and stole personal and business items and trashed the place.

They took a white Apple Nano IPOD, a Sirius Satillite Reciever with a suction cup base, leatherman tool and other stuff.

Contact us if you hear or see anything at 226-3111

Thanks

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/19/08 08:30 PM

Items weree removed from the property in a RED 5 gallon bucket with a lid that reads " THICK CHIPS "

Anyone sees this lets me know at The Palapa

$$ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/19/08 08:34 PM

The Palapa Bar in Tres Cocos is offering a $500.00 CASH REWARD for EACH persons arrested and convicted of breaking into, staeling personal and business items and trashing the bar on the night of the 18th
Posted By: CarlosCabanas

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/19/08 08:46 PM

Papa

Sorry to hear about your troubles.... we'll have to come up and give you some business soon!!

Carlos
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: $$ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/19/08 09:39 PM

Sorry to read about this today Scott & Jody, What is going on there in Tres Cocos area lately? The other day someone catches a thief at there home and now this? I hope you catch the piece of crap(s) that did this to you, mad and I hope nothing really important was stolen.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: $$ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/19/08 09:55 PM

What items were stolen?
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: $$ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/19/08 09:56 PM

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/273177#Post273177

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/20/08 04:38 AM

Thanks Carlos,

Hoping that someone will turn in the thieves
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/20/08 05:28 AM

Thanks to Jesse for posting the news release about out catching the thieves and the police recovering a lot of loot. Are people reading San Pedro Daily or just the message board?
I'm trying to find out how these guys got out of jail so soon as we don't have a court date until the first of April.
If anyone knows this send me a PM - we really want to put a stop to this.

Can there be any doubt about who trashed the Palapa Bar?
Posted By: rosalamport

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/20/08 03:20 PM

This is contradictory. "news release about out catching the thieves and the police recovering a lot of loot." and "Can there be any doubt about who trashed the Palapa Bar?" What do you mean? Are they caught or arent they?
Posted By: SimonB

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/20/08 03:45 PM

Those guys were in jail at the time Palapa Bar was hit according to the news article.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/20/08 04:45 PM

Bail
Posted By: Cueball

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/20/08 07:32 PM

Did they do serious damage to the bar? Or just loot it? That's just too bad...I'll be down in July to offer bouncer services if ya need it (for some free beer). smile

6'2 240 lbs. and big and ugly.
Posted By: Jette

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/21/08 12:20 AM

SORRY TO HEAR OF THE THEFT THAT OCCURR
ED
AT THE PALAPA. WE WERE THERE AS GUESTS OF THE ISLAND( LOVE IT SO MUCH) IN FEBRUARY AND THINGS WERE STOLEN FROM US SO I KNOW HOW VIOLATED ONE CAN FEEL. I HOPE THOSE CREEPS ARE FOUND AND PUNISHED. I WILL RETURN SOMEDAY. GOOD LUCK.
Posted By: Danny2

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/21/08 01:09 AM

Cueball, bouncer services are the last thing to bring to san Pedro. Don't be a tough guy. Think this concept, " worry, I've heard that word but never understood the concept". Have fun and smile.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/21/08 02:13 AM

Take a deepr breathe, Danny. Tough guy's count.
Posted By: Cueball

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/21/08 10:50 PM

It was a JOKE...lighten up Danny
Posted By: Tom

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/22/08 05:45 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you do get the stuff back and in working order.
If they were caught, would like to know who they were. There has been alot of theft at the Palapa Bar Condos also. My friend has lost so much stuff it is not funny.
When they catch a theief they need to keep them behind bars ubtil they can be sent to Hattiesville.
If caught looting after a hurricane, the punishment is swift with 7 years of confinement usually. Why should an ordinary theif get anything less. They should get 10 years at least, just to keep them off of the streets.
Actually I would like to see them banned from the Island if convicted of theft, that would help so they can not do it again to the same people. This does happen by the way, they do target the same person more than once.
Been A Victum,
Kat
Posted By: CROC

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/23/08 07:12 AM

I beleive I personally know of these guys as I was burgled exact same way 5 years ago and they are still at it same M O the problem is if they only get caught with stolen goods they cannot be tried for burglary unless they confess to it and the pubishment for handling stolen goods is about $200 bze

Even when caught red handed in my house and then identified in court by 3 different people as the one caught red handed in the house the court waited until the one day we could not attend and then let him off with a fine of $300 bze (we had to go to Belize 3 times for ajournment and then 2 times for trial and then one for sentencing and had to pay for all the witness;s to fly there.

You could imagine the one time I could not go as I had to go out country he got away with it I was PISSED and gave up on the legal system here

If you cant even get a conviction with 3 eyewitness's who point him out in court and say they cught him actually in the house and detained him and handed him over to police then its a lost cause.

You will never clean the island up unless the courts get tough and stop excusing them because they think they stole only from rich gringos

Croc

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/23/08 02:54 PM

There are other ways to punish them when you catch them "Red Handed" mad , But I guess you have to have faith in the system. At least until the system fails you like in Croc's situation. Those scumbags give the good people of Ambergris Caye a bad rap.

There are security companies on the Island that will set your house up with a Security system (and cell phone & battery back-up) where a audible alarm will sound along with an alarm sent to security company in town. They will notify police and also respond themselves.
There are pros and cons to this but the alternative is to have a security guard on-site, That can get expensive on a 24-7 basis.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/23/08 03:31 PM

The laws have changed somewhat over the past few years. There is now some form of quick court to accommodate visitors schedules either prior to the time they are scheduled to leave or with a short extensin of their visit to the country so that they don't need to come back and forth.

Also the penalties for burglary and theft are much stricter too. Obviously you would have to prove that the defendant is guilty, but if caught red handed the penalty is 7 years. I think the first conviction is a shorter term but subsequent thefts are the full term.

There has been some outrage in the papers about this because some repeat offenders have gone to Hattieville for stealing a loaf of bread or $5.

Belize has a constitution that prevents us from banning people from the island.

And most certainly once a person or place has been found to be easy pickings they are bound to become a regular target. Unfortunately it means that the victim needs to change his location or change his lifestyle. Putting extra locks on a door or installing a security system. Changing his shifts at work. Not leaving things out on the porch. Sleeping with windows and doors locked instead of letting in the breeze etc.
Posted By: Tom

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/24/08 04:37 AM

Well, there was security on property when I was broken into this last time. So much for that idea. The company did have to pay for the replacement of the things taken.
It has been the same MO, a wooden plank to the window, slit the screen and break the window.
Really hate to board up the window because I do enjoy the breeze through the condo when I am there. If I go out, I lock up everything.
Kat
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/24/08 08:47 PM

Many people “up north” have invested in Air Horns. We have agreed that three blasts on the air horn is a call for help. Neighbors WILL respond. THIEFS BEWARE!

Re: $ 500.00 CASH REWARD - 03/24/08 09:48 PM

Great Idea Harriette, I will get one @ Captain sharks next time down. (Does one short blast mean the Lobster dinner is ready? grin )
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board