AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Who sngs this song and where can I find it?

Posted By: PSUhorty

Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 07:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWUXMt37lf4&feature=related

Wow, does this song capture where my heart lies w/respect to San Pedro. Help is appreciated!
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 07:13 PM

Jerry Jeff Walker. "Cowboy Boots and Bathing Suits"
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 07:52 PM

Jerry Jeff Walker "Come Away to Belize with ME"
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 07:57 PM

...on the "Cowboy Boots and Bathing Suits " CD. If you like that, also check out Kelly McGuire. All those damn songs to remind you of a little island.
Posted By: ExOkie

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 09:19 PM

Dude you should have seen him sing it out on Wet Willie's deck with the full moon coming up over the Caribbean.

Jerry Jeff's holding a 3rd week of Camp Belize May 25th to June 1st if ya want to join us. www.jerryjeff.com/campbelize
Posted By: JeanH

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 09:43 PM

It's about time I happened to be in town the same time as Camp Belize. For part of it anyway. Not that I'm about to spend $100.00US+ for a placard.....
Posted By: sunandsand

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 10:31 PM

I have been there twice when JJW is in town. I also paid dearly to see him in VA, where I got the chance to speak with him for a few minutes. He is very impressed with himself. I don't mind sitting in the golf cart at Wet Willie's to hear him, but I'd never spend another penny to see him...live and learn.

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 10:39 PM

Didn't someone approach him a while back for a benefit in AC, and he wanted front money?
Posted By: klcman

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 10:47 PM

HAH, 2Miles & I heard him for free at Canuck's, sitting in with the Suspects.........I rather listen to them sans JJW!

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 11:30 PM

I called him to do a fund raiser for us. His responce $30Gs. . . . I explained it was a FUND RAISER" not a "FUND WASTER". He said well, thats my price, I said well, you aint that good.
Posted By: bobcat bill

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/21/08 11:48 PM

there is another duo that sings about the island that is Will& Dale Thank You
Posted By: lakegirl

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 12:18 AM

We aolso heard him at Canucks!!! For free!!!

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 12:31 AM

Get the CDs, you can take them all home to your winter. smile Not free, but damn cheap at twice the price.

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 02:58 AM

Wow I didn't know that there were so many bad feelings about Jerry Jeff on here. Oh well. I've been a fan of him and his music for many years and I'd never have heard about San Pedro if not for him.

I've been going to his gigs for years and never got to meet him till this January at Camp Belize. He seemed like a regular 65 yr old guy with a bad back who'd been on the road all of his life. He also put on a couple of really good acoustic shows in a great location. What can I say? I've got no complaints.

Posted By: JeanH

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 03:53 AM

I didn't mean to start a JJW 'bash' section either. I'm not a concert person, there are very few musicians in the world that I would pay $100.00 to see.

I have Jerry Jeff stuff on VINYL, been a fan for years. I have heard several people say he isn't the most affable person around. I could really care. I enjoy his music, but I'm not going to pay to hear him.

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 04:19 AM

There ya go. I no longer need him as an excuse to visit San Pedro. smile I had just as much fun at Canucks and BC's with The Usual Suspects.
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 04:24 AM

smile I was going through some of my old concert tickets and found a stub from JJW when he played at the Hammond Social Club on Feb. 1980... In Hammond, Louisiana... General Admin... $7.50..
now THOSE were the good old days...
Posted By: susieb

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 04:29 AM

No complaints, here either. I'm a long time JJW fan and found AC through his music. We made Camp Belize last June. Enjoyed his music as always, and found his lack of political correctness charming. But then, I have a bit of a behavior disorder. smile
Posted By: sunandsand

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 01:17 PM

He's probably a great guy, just didn't show us that side of his personality. I still enjoy listening to him, just don't want to give up hard earned $$ to sit in on his concerts. Better to listen on CD, in the comfort of our own surroundings, without watching him....he isn't "all that" like he thinks he is. JMHO.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 04:28 PM

imissing,
Boy have you got that right. The man is not the man I thought he was either. The songs are OK and some kinda cute, especially the one where he tells about how he got his pick up truck down to the island.
TukiTuki had an encounter with him at Crazy Canuck's one night.
The Bird came up from behind him and huged JJW. He turned around and said,"O boy, I've always wanted to [email protected]# a chicken". TukiTuki said "Get away from the Bird!".
JJW's music is a lot better if you can hear it but not have to look at him.
The guys in his band are great and love it when they will Jam with Dennis or just do impromptu stuff.

Kat/TukiTuki

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 04:54 PM

sunandsand,

You have it right as well. I don't think this has become a bashing session as much as just people telling like it is.

Will & Dale and sometimes other suspects who join in and play some really good stuff. These guys are the greatest and I really like it when Will sings the funny stuff, like Making Guacamole All Night Long, don't think that is the actual title but is the refrain. The guys are great and will sing a song written on and for Ambergris Caye and enduldge me while singing it with them. I am not a singer but have written a couple songs. The favorite verse of the song written for Ambergis is "You and I danced all night then made love til the mornin light, played all day in Caribbean Sea life is great on Ambergris Caye".

I will have to say that JJW has brought many people to Ambergris Caye and I would like to thank him for that if nothing else.

Kat
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 05:11 PM

We have become big fans of Kelly McGuire on his last few trips down here. Some great songs and he is one of the most gracious performers you have ever met. When he was at the Sandbar a week ago, he knew everyone's name even the children. Sang Happy Birthday to a little girl who was ecstatic. Very cool guy.

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 05:18 PM

Kelly is great and Kevin Black is fun also.
There are so many who come down and just have a great time and enjoy talking to everyone, there is no room to have the Big Head down here. Everyone else goes with the flow and that is what makes Ambergris what it is.
Kat

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 05:43 PM

just telling it like it is from your own point of view, of course. interesting discussion. i think much of it has to do with your expectations when you go to a concert. i don't go in looking for a relationship, i just want someone to sing to me. another impression i get is that sometimes folks are disappointed that jjw isn't a party like jimmy buffett - which isn't what i'm looking for from a concert either (unless it's a buffett concert!).

i've had the opportunity to see bob dylan a couple of dozen times through the years and don't think - other than introduce the band - he's said a dozen words. but, warm and gracious or not, i'll never miss an opportunity for him to sing to me!

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 05:53 PM

By the way,
Did you know that way back when, Jerry Jeff and Jimmy Buffet sang together and then decided to go their separate ways.
I think this correct, if not please straighten me out.
Kat

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 06:20 PM

i've heard (but can't say for sure) that jerry jeff first turned buffett on to key west. talk about your life changing moments --

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 09:23 PM

Yes Jimmy tells about it in his book "A Pirate Looks At Fifty". Jimmy had met JJW in Nashville. JB had a gig in Miami cancel on him so JJ talked him into a road trip to the Keys. Jimmy described it as a seminal moment.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/22/08 10:15 PM

Did JJ pay JB the 30 grand front money? blush (JK), god bless JJ if he can demand that much.

It was Interesting watching him Jamm with Dennis Wolfe & the suspects @ Canuks a few weeks ago. I have some pictures on my Cell Phone if anyone wants to Pay 30K for them wink . Sherry, we spoke about the pictures and your free set is coming as soon as I figure out how to send them to ya.
Posted By: PSUhorty

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/24/08 04:12 AM

Thanks for the help, everyone. Much appreciated.
Posted By: knowell

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/25/08 12:43 AM

Like some before I have been a JJW fan for awile but have not been impressed when meeting him. Heard from another musician as stated above that his back problems are really bothering him the last few years. Have seen Kevin Black and Kelly McGuire and they are good people on and off stage. Kelly actually played in the parking lot at the Jimmy Buffett concert here last year for the Lone Star Parrot Head Club. He got paid but not $30K I am sure. Sold a lot of CD's though.

Re: Who sngs this song and where can I find it? - 03/25/08 01:46 AM

I agree Pam, Kevin is GOOD !
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board