AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Drink tea - 06/10/08 01:20 PM
Apparently it IS good for you.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2104561/Drinking-tea-can-reduce-heart-attack-risk.html
Posted By: deadserious Re: Drink tea - 06/10/08 02:51 PM
Also:
http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/pressreleases/tea
Posted By: belizegial Re: Drink tea - 06/10/08 02:59 PM
Glad to hear this as I am now starting to drink more tea than coffee.
Posted By: deadserious Re: Drink tea - 06/10/08 05:47 PM
I'm still a 5 - 10 cup a day coffee drinker myself.
Posted By: azbob Re: Drink tea - 06/10/08 06:20 PM
Hey, dead.., that's cause you are in Vegas. I was a 10-12 cuper and dropped to 2 when I moved.
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Drink tea - 06/10/08 06:27 PM
Yeah! Coffee! 'cause you can sleep when you're dead! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drink tea - 06/10/08 07:37 PM
I used to drink lots of coffee, then one day I suddenly felt sick while drinking coffee and I've never been able to drink much of it since. Tea's never given me that problem.
Posted By: Marty Re: Drink tea - 06/10/08 09:51 PM
they had me lined up for prostate surgery on my BIRTHDAY for gods sakes when i was 42, and a second opinion (god bless em) said there's lots of things we can try and none involve surgery. the first was cutting out caffeine. i drank lots of tea. i have never liked coffee.

within 6 months i was fine. had been horribly uncomfortable, peeing every ten minutes like i was 9 months pregnant.

totally cured. now i drink decaf tea, and only a few cups a month. i am not known for moderation, so don't drink too much.

also gave up chocolate and soft drinks. can eat them normally now. don't drink many soft drinks tho. do love good chocolate.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Drink tea - 06/10/08 11:45 PM
And, a very recent study out found that red wine is even better for you than originally thought. Lucky for me!
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 12:15 AM
Favorite tea (iced) on the island so far is at Wild Mangos - they make sun tea for their iced tea and I get it with half lime. Yum

This is my all time favorite treasure tea - found out about it at the Arizona gem show and it is very tasty.
http://www.amazonbioenergetics.com/rainforest-tea.htm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 12:51 AM
Cannibals used to do superb sun tea, as well as good food. IMO what's replaced it is just another bar, and rather an expensive one at that. It never attracts the numbers that Cannibals did.
Posted By: pugwash Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 06:46 AM
I've been a 10-12 cup a day Tea drinker for most of my life: one of the side effects one may notice when switching to Tea from Coffee is the use of words and phrases such as Please, Thank You and Excuse Me, the urge to open doors for females, be they ladies or not and the somewhat irrationale desire to purchase a Pith Helmet
Posted By: deadserious Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 06:58 AM
I'm waiting for the story about the medicinal benefits of crumpets.
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 07:45 AM
Some Harvard study found that downing 1-3 cups of coffee a day can reduce diabetes risk by single digits, while 6 cups or more daily slashed men's risk by 54% and women's by 30% over those who drink something else. Several studies suggest coffee is far more healthful than harmful. In general very little bad and a lot of good comes from drinking coffee, but there are exceptions. Coffee drinkers are up to 80% less likely to get Parkinson's, have a 25% reduced risk of colon cancer, an 80% drop in liver cirrhosis risk. Some research indicates coffee may help manage asthma, stop a headache, boost mood, and prevent cavities. Coffee is the #1 source of antioxidants in the American diet; black tea seems to come in second.
Still, that crumpet study seems worth looking into. wink
Posted By: JZB Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 02:57 PM
So basically, if we drink roughly 6 cups of tea, 6 cups of coffee, 8 glasses of water, 1 glass of milk, and a glass or two of red wine a day we can live well into our 100s. Sounds good to me but you would probably be spending the rest of your life in the potty! smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 03:45 PM
Pug - you forgot the crooked pinky!
Posted By: kathyw Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 04:02 PM
Hi Joanne-you need to add my favorite to your list. Long Island Iced Tea. See ya next week.
Posted By: azbob Re: Drink tea - 06/11/08 04:03 PM
Pug, no wonder I thought you were English: 10-12 cups of tea a day!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board