AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Scary Movies

Posted By: lil'red

Scary Movies - 10/30/08 03:53 PM

With Halloween comes the yearly regiment of spooky, scary nightmare inducing movies. And I love'em all. From the mind thriller to the shocking blood, and guts, girls screaming slasher flicks, I am there with the popcorn and rootbeer. I even like Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, two low budget spoofs on the original slasher type film.

So how about it? What are your favs?
1. Halloween
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Carrie
4 The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (Anyone else remember this movie?)
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 04:02 PM

Cannibal! The Musical
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 04:31 PM

LOL LOL red - i LOVE Bruce Campbell!! "bubba-ho-tep"!

my 3 picks:

* the shining
* john carpenter's the thing
* the ORIGINAL the omen
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 04:42 PM

I LOVE:
Halloween
Dawn of the Dead
The Shining

And I know it's not a movie, and not scary, but the video of "Thriller" is a good one.... Vincent Price voice over...
Priceless!

Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 04:47 PM

Village of the Damned
The Wicker Man
The Innocents

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 05:50 PM

The Shining! One of the BEST nail biters I have ever seen.

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 06:37 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 06:51 PM

Horton Hears a Who was pretty scary to me.
Posted By: Rykat

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 06:57 PM

"The Accomplishments of Jimmy Carter"! Scared the livin' beejesus outta me! grin
Posted By: reaper

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 07:00 PM

The Excorcist

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 07:02 PM

gggeeeezus h crimminy, ry. please leave your politics out of others' NON POLITICAL posts. really tired of it. sleep
Posted By: carbunkletrumpet

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 07:15 PM

Halloween - Hands down
and don't snicker - Jaws
Posted By: Hon

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 07:43 PM

I totally agree with Reaper...the Exorcist! It was the first horror movie I had ever seen and it scared the living sh!t out of me! I don't think I slept for a month without dreaming about it.

...and I've never watched it, and will never watch it again.
Posted By: 2Aggies

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 07:54 PM

SJ - glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

The Shining
The 1st Halloween
I love Swamp Thing for an oldie.

Started diving in 1978 - Jaws scared the crap out of me until I became educated.

Posted By: pugwash

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 08:06 PM

Fatal Attraction
Play misty For Me

And yet the right stalker still kinda turns me on smile
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 09:00 PM

I always thought you srota viewed Fatal Attraction as a love story.

I wasn't allowed to go to movies growing up but I read Jaws when I was in high school. It scared me so bad I didn't want to go in the swimming pool - I knew that didn't make sense, but that book was really frightening!
Also read Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane - saw the movie later, there was a lot more sexual content in the book
I remember a movie on TV from when I was pretty young - Picture Mommy Dead - the only movie I can remember ever giving me nightmares

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 09:04 PM

The Way We Were gave ME nightmares!! eek

Re: Scary Movies - 10/30/08 11:22 PM

The European version of The Little Girl Who Lives down the Lane was more explicit than the American release. They wanted to keep a PG13 rating.

The movie that freaked me for the longest time was "Alien". I slept on my friends sofa for a week.

I still love "Jaws". "Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies....."
Posted By: carbunkletrumpet

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 12:34 AM

"We are going to need a bigger boat!"
Posted By: skippy

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 12:47 AM

Jane, the original The Omen still gives me the creeps, have to agree on that one.

The only movie that has really scared me since I've been a grown up (chronologically anyway) is The Ring. And it really scared me.

My wife just watched Constantine with me last week. I have it permanently on my computer with 10 other movies that are my all time faves. She thought it was very scary. I've seen it a dozen times now, never thought of it as scary, just really great.

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 01:11 AM

oh snap, red! i was gonna say alien! but it was the most scary the first viewing. the ring was pretty creepy too. jaws is a classic.

my guilty secret: when i was 16 or so, i saw rocky horror near a dozen times! laugh (not scary, but halloween-y)
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 01:15 AM

LOL!! SJ, no guilty secret!! H3LL I was going to the Rocky Horror shows I don't know how many times AND dressing up!!!
"Lets Do the TIme Warp Again""!! I think I can remember some of the dance moves!!
Posted By: catdance62

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 01:17 AM

Psychological thrillers scare me most:
The Cell
Dead Ringers
Altered States

Blood and gore doesnt' scare me, it's just gross.
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 01:24 AM

Blair Witch Project

I went to a midnight screening of Rocky Horror with a couple of friends last year - no costume but we all took our lighters! wink
Posted By: Don Greife

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 01:31 AM

I was going to vote for SCARY MOVIE 2, a Belikins and a Cuban Cigar.
Posted By: reaper

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 01:44 AM

popcorn flew...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79dt6qaIMw
Posted By: Rykat

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 02:27 AM

We stayed awake after Jaws
Kids now...The Grudge(1).

lighten up SJ, I mean...really!

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 03:05 AM

Scanners!!! Exploding heads at a scholarly conference . . . so much for tenure!!
Posted By: Shopgirl

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 03:19 AM

I used to be obsessed with the American Movie Classics channel, I loved any old time movie that had Vincent Price, my favorite was 'The Pit and the Pendulum'. That man creeped me out in any movie he was in after I saw that one. Loved it!

And SJ, I will be seeing 'the Rocky Horror Picture Show' on Saturday midnite, my 10th time. It is a cult classic anywhere. I don't do the dress up for it but enjoy being there to see everyone get into it! and of course sing along........ laugh
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee

Re: Scary Movies - 10/31/08 12:00 PM

The only movie that has made me jump out of my seat was Psycho. The scene when Martin Balsam is Knifed at the top of the stairs. Scarier than the shower scene. Ya Gotta love Alfred Hitchcock.
Posted By: terrielinn

Re: Scary Movies - 11/01/08 01:41 AM

Not so sure this can be classified as horror, but personally I like 'The Glass House'. That's about as horrifying as I get with my viewing.

Re: Scary Movies - 11/01/08 02:29 AM

how about 'from dusk till dawn'? i LOVE that movie!!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board