AmbergrisCaye.com Home

I resolve to...

Posted By: terrielinn

I resolve to... - 12/28/08 02:51 AM

It's almost here!!! The New year just days away. With that in mind I thought I would see who's making what resolutions.

I resolve to...

???????

Like I'm tellin'...ha wink
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: I resolve to... - 12/28/08 02:53 AM

Not make resolutions
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: I resolve to... - 12/28/08 04:36 PM

E you read my mind smile

If I felt to make a resolution though I guess it would be to be better organized. (which I have already been working on)

Posted By: Danny2

Re: I resolve to... - 12/28/08 08:45 PM

Not feel guilty about anything.
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: I resolve to... - 12/28/08 11:01 PM

... expect a little less and attempt to roll with the punches a little more.
Posted By: pugwash

Re: I resolve to... - 12/28/08 11:07 PM

If you're expecting a little less, I'm the perfect guy wink
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: I resolve to... - 12/28/08 11:08 PM

. . value all my friends as they deserve to be

Re: I resolve to... - 12/28/08 11:10 PM

actually, you're a lot less, not that that's a bad thing! grin
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: I resolve to... - 12/29/08 01:13 AM

No, it's a bad thing...
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: I resolve to... - 12/29/08 06:22 AM

/
Originally Posted by KC Jayhawk
. . value all my friends as they deserve to be

Amen....... laugh

Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: I resolve to... - 12/29/08 02:37 PM

continue to create and publish quality content on this message board.

Re: I resolve to... - 12/29/08 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by dogmatic prevaricator
continue to create and publish quality content on this message board.

You spelled "start" incorrectly smile

Re: I resolve to... - 12/29/08 09:42 PM

A legless man who teaches running. smile

Re: I resolve to... - 12/29/08 09:55 PM

That's such a lame* retort that I'll delete this once you edit with more creative and better quality content smile

*pun intended

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 02:19 AM

Uncharacteristically, I disagree, pug...

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Leah-Ann
Uncharacteristically, I disagree, pug...

Perhaps due to your delight in taking the opposing position?

If the analogy had be that of an illiterate teaching writing, or even of a Senator* teaching fiscal responsibility, I may have let it slide, but there is no information about the legless man: was he born that way, or did the bus crash on the way back from the Olympic Medal ceremony and he tragically lost the use of the limbs that just hours before had made him a world champion, leaving him now to coach others in their quest for greatness smile

Inherent dislike or disdain for the subject of a punch line does not per se make the punch line funny, and Dogmatic should really try harder if his position is of him continuing to create and publish quality content

Without this self proclaimed mantle, he could have got away with a 2nd rate jibe

* the senator teaching fiscal responsibility remark would be similarly rendered inaccurate by Tom Coburn R,Oklhoma, who consistently pis*es off those on both sides of the aisle by frequently adding amendments to increase transparency in spending bills
http://coburn.senate.gov/public/
More like him are needed in both parties

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 04:35 AM

see, that's the thing about humor (or humour for you) - it's just so damn subjective... grin

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 12:03 PM

From a quality of content standpoint, you redefine lameness, of the simpleton variety, with each and every post.

Let me severe the ham string of your diatribe. In your context, lame connotes being the deprived the use of one’s legs, however, my comment was legless, which also accurately describes your simpleminded retort. smile
Posted By: crockhunter

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 02:11 PM

Help more dissadvantaged people.

Spend more time with my wife, family and friends.

WATCH more sunrises and sunsets.

Work a little less and enjoy life more.

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 02:33 PM

Let me severe the ham string of your diatribe.

I understand that using obscure words is important to your self image, and that those who don't understand them may think of you as smart, but if you mean sever, try and spell it correctly, or you just come off as a (insert big word here) smile

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 03:13 PM

Is that all you got, focusing on minutia (big word meaning small and trivial) where you have a distinct disadvantage like spelling? Your abundance of ignorance to share exceeds all expectations.

As for quality content, you wouldn't recognize quality if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face, and started to wiggle. smile
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 03:16 PM

I guess you and Pug will not be exchanging Christmas cards anytime soon! smile

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 03:20 PM

I thought that what we were doing. smile
Posted By: Danny2

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 03:48 PM

Humor like the Law is subjective.

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 03:59 PM

As for quality content, you wouldn't recognize quality if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face, and started to wiggle. smile

Perhaps you have not wiggled enough?

I would be more likely to react to wriggling, a writhing motion, but interesting to see you decided to go with short jerky movements when landing on my face smile

A little pent up hostility Dog?

Time to go back to your shrink?

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by pugwash
I would be more likely to react to wriggling, a writhing motion, but interesting to see you decided to go with short jerky movements when landing on my face smile

That's a interesting retort, Pug. Although I sense your willingness to receive a money shot, it wont be from me. smile

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 04:18 PM

Having read your posts, I fully understand your inability to deliver a money shot* smile

Deep seated mother issues?

If your masochistic tendencies require that we continue this, perhaps PM's would be less offensive to ACMBers in general?

*As a wordsmith, (you are obviously not a "swordsmith" laugh ) I thought perhaps you would recognize "jerky" as a male action while "writhe" and "wriggle" would be far more feminine ?
Posted By: Grace

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 04:43 PM

have more patience and get back to AC again this year!

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by pugwash
Having read your posts, I fully understand your inability to deliver a money shot* smile

Deep seated mother issues?

If your masochistic tendencies require that we continue this, perhaps PM's would be less offensive to ACMBers in general?

*As a wordsmith, (you are obviously not a "swordsmith" laugh ) I thought perhaps you would recognize "jerky" as a male action while "writhe" and "wriggle" would be far more feminine ?

What a simpleton approach to establish a fencing analogy. I think you meant to convey examples of swordsmanship instead of a simpleminded oaf, such as a swordsmith, that tirelessly pounds on metal (or words in your case) to achieve an edge?

Still, by your comments, I'm afraid you have too much sugar in your blood for me to continue my repartee. How about them Cowboys, to keep things on a manly theme? smile Happy New Year too. smile

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 05:40 PM

A Master Swordsmith has access to weapons unavailable to the typical artisan (World of Warcraft) which seems fitting, given your clumsy retort.

At least you had the awareness not to deem it "witty" repartee smile

How 'bout them Cowboys....always next year!

Happy New Year to you also......I hope your word of the day calendar is put to good use laugh
Posted By: azbob

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 07:22 PM

Ah, a good start to end the old year! smile
My resolve is to return to Ambergris Caye 3 times in 09. All past resolutions didn't work, but this one will!

Be safe this New Years Eve and may we all be prosperous and healthy in the coming year! (eat black eyed peas for luck)! smile

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 08:59 PM

(eat black eyed peas for luck)!
I always have Blackeyed peas on new years.. It's a custom I started way back in the 60's

3 Time AZBob.. Good for you. I'll probably do my annual 2 begining with the Feb trip.. see ya the smile
Posted By: Rykat

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 10:26 PM

to improve anal retentiveness, irregardless of the rest of you!:-)

Re: I resolve to... - 12/30/08 10:29 PM

ah, ry! how does one improve upon a skill already mastered? wink
Posted By: azbob

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 02:36 AM

Bill, eat'en those peas really works! Hell, look at us! wink
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 03:19 AM

where might one purchase the black-eyed peas? Gotta keep the luck going!
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 04:09 AM

Leah Ann, you are both perceptive and able to see the obvious response!! Those two attributes do not always mesh!! And, in my case, when attempted, usually result in litigation . . .

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by BiIl Mc Ghee
(eat black eyed peas for luck)! I always have Blackeyed peas on new years.. It's a custom I started way back in the 60's

BiIl, let me be the first to offer my appreciation for your having started this custom! It's one my family has practiced since I was a child! wink I LOVE black eyed peas - ever heard of chow-chow? That's what Gram makes to go on 'em!! wink

KC - never, never be afraid of litigation! laugh wink by the way - were you served today?????
Posted By: reaper

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 04:37 AM

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/black-eyed-peas-photos.jpg
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 08:41 AM

love, learn, and finally work to live instead of the other way around. Happy New Year everyone!

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 01:31 PM

In the Baltimore area, the standard new year's tradition is the massive consumption of alcohol and vomiting.

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 03:14 PM

No Leah-Ann, I've never heard of Chow-Chow! What does it consist of?
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 03:22 PM

I love chow chow, its a salsa, dont remember what it has in it.

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by BiIl Mc Ghee
No Leah-Ann, I've never heard of Chow-Chow! What does it consist of?

When I first looked up Chow Chow it seemed as though it may have been a recipe for ground up Dog,which piqued my interest, but upon closer inspection, its a salsa like mixture with several differing recipes posted, most consisting of tomato and corn, plus other assorted components.

My New Years Eve tradition is to eat (or hide) everything that looks good in the house in case Mrs Pugs resolution is to put me on another diet.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 04:12 PM

lol!!! Ah, that Mrs. Pug is one tenacious gal -- I'm sure you have to work hard to get one past her.

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 04:15 PM

You are correct sir! Mrs Pug is definitely hard work smile
Posted By: Rykat

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 07:49 PM

Do you know a Mrs that isn't? wink
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: I resolve to... - 12/31/08 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Leah-Ann
... expect a little less and attempt to roll with the punches a little more.

Good one!

Yummy black eyed peas! Happy NY!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board