AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Bad drink

Posted By: Marty

Bad drink - 02/20/09 03:36 PM

From the Police Press Release

Herman Foster, 56, of Sittee River Village, reported that about 12:00pm on 17/2/09, whilst at home cooking his stepson Luis Assi arrived with a juice bottle and gave it to him telling him it was juice. He drank two good drinks of the liquid; and shortly after, he started to feel dizzy, then also started having abdominal pains, diarrhea and vomiting -- which continued until the morning of the18/2/09. He was brought to the hospital for medical treatment, where he found out that the contents of the bottle was Malathion (an insecticide) that his stepson had given him to drink. The liquid substance was retrieved for further forensic analysis. Herman Foster was admitted to ward in a stable condition. Police are on the lookout for the suspect of Sittee River Village, pending investigation.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Bad drink - 02/20/09 08:57 PM

The suspect being the stepson, or the suspect being who first gave (or sold) the stepson the "juice"?
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com

Re: Bad drink - 02/20/09 10:19 PM

Malathion has a very nasty smell and I would guess it tastes terrible too. It is deadly. Not to make light of this, but I know of someone here on Caye Caulker that was so drunk one night she drank a big swig of insecticide she had put into a rum bottle, and then wondered why she was sick.
Posted By: Moose In Belize

Re: Bad drink - 02/21/09 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cybercayecaulker.com
Malathion has a very nasty smell and I would guess it tastes terrible too. It is deadly. Not to make light of this, but I know of someone here on Caye Caulker that was so drunk one night she drank a big swig of insecticide she had put into a rum bottle, and then wondered why she was sick.

I had a friend with a similar experience with turpentine in an old wine bottle. It didn't kill him, but he sure was sick.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Bad drink - 02/21/09 11:58 PM

Turpentine's a bit different. Anyone who's visited Greece knows that the local wine tastes just like turpentine.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board