AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Barn pointed this out to me. Great article and introspective value is way high.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/20/annoying.facebook.updaters/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
Whew! I am glad that I don't violate any of those!

But then again does wearing a Thong violate the TMI Rule? grin
I am so happy to say I have never been on Facebook, Twitter and don't text!

Yer being a jurque
My DH is currently addicted to Facebook, but I think it will wear off!
One good thing about everyone using Facebook except me is that I hardly get any of those chain emails any more, as from the article:
"Support my cause. Sign my petition. Play Mafia Wars with me. Which 'Star Trek' character are you? Here are the 'Top 5 cars I have personally owned.' Here are '25 Things About Me.' Here's a drink. What drink are you? We're related! I took the 'What President Are You?' quiz and found out I'm Millard Fillmore! What president are you?"
There is a great filter for that stuff.
The 'Hide' feature. works
I get solicited for joining Facebook quite often - with invitations coming from people who swear they did not supply my address. I think they can tap into your address book or something.
And like Lauri - I haven't faced off, twittered or texted. And life is just fine that way.
I don't either. We have found a use for Facebook, though. It's amazing the debtors you can track down on it.
[Linked Image]
simply put, my life is way to boring to tweet, but for fb:

like it, hate it, be ambivalent - i have over 70 FB contacts related to Bz in some capacity alone. i can pop on and say hi to any one of them, leave a message - public or private, see everyone's photo albums, it has IM functions, folks can post a link - or opinion - on any topic in the universe and most likely not get slammed with personal insults (and i learn much from some of the posted links), no one fights, no one snips, there's rarely any negativity....personally, i like fb and think its a neat tool.
and you can poke people too!
If you do be safe
From an article I saw recently about Facebook - "although sites such as Facebook have privacy settings, many users do not know how to use them or would not want to make them private for fear of being seen as 'hiding something' ".

I also saw reference to the "top applications" on Facebook, but I don't have a clue how to access any of them. Nor do the Facebook users I've asked.

Anyone out there more educated on this software?
fb has a search function to help you find pages or groups that may interest you. for example, search 'belize' and you will find many people, pages (fan sites) and groups related to belize.

to my knowlege, most apps are used just for fun, as opposed to business - things like games, surveys, quizzes, top 5 picks, etc. these can often be accessed using someone else's status updates. for example, if elbert is a friend of yours, and elbert plays bejeweled, when it post on his status, there will be an option to play bejeweled. or simon takes a rock bands quiz and you want to take it too, 'click take this quiz'. if someone pokes you, you get an option to poke back. you have to 'allow' the app to use it. it can later be deleted - app edit is on lower left of page. top page right is 'settings', where you can adjust your privacy too. it isnt that complicated.

does that help?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board