AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Live Journal

Posted By: elbert

Live Journal - 12/13/09 05:26 PM

I've discovered ,in order to view the 1000 plus photographs of birds I've put on lj a person has to be a member to see the photograph in its proper format.
Its free and links you to a photo stream of photography from the whole planet.
http://www.livejournal.com/
LiveJournal.com - Start a Free Blog / Journal Today
www.livejournal.com
LiveJournal.com is a free service for all your journaling and blogging needs, offering privacy controls, photo storage, publishing tools, style templates, and online communities for just about every interest imaginable.

Posted By: seashell

Re: Live Journal - 12/13/09 06:59 PM

elbert, I'm not that savvy. I read the site. Regardless, did I understand correctly that if I load my pictures on livejournal in the free Blog/Journal, I can share my album(s) with friends that are not livejournal members and that they won't have to become actual members? Or will it be a bit like kodakshare? I have a few friends that load their pictures onto kodakshare and for me to see them, I've had to open an account. Regardless, kodakshare has kept a gallery of my friends shared albums under my name. How long that will last, I'm not sure.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make, is that if I create an album, can I then just send a link to my personal friends' email and they can click and see, or would they have to register to see?

Thanks elbert.

Re: Live Journal - 12/13/09 07:10 PM

Yes anyone can see them, however if you post large like my photos some people will have trouble seeing them.
I've suggested viewers having problems seeing mine sign up to view them in the format that displays them best.
http://yobubba.livejournal.com/

Re: Live Journal - 12/13/09 09:03 PM

So you are saying that the site doesn't automatically compress? That it just takes directly from my computer (that are fullsize right off of SD card)? TIA

Re: Live Journal - 12/13/09 09:05 PM

By the way, I find your pictures a lovely size to view! I prefer seeing pictures that size, then a person can really get a good look. However, don't you have a thumbnail gallery so that a person can pick and choose? TIA
Posted By: Marty

Re: Live Journal - 12/13/09 11:15 PM

Elbert, viewing your pics is a real joy.

Re: Live Journal - 12/15/09 08:29 AM

Re: Live Journal - 12/15/09 02:52 PM

Seashell if you sign up its somewhat like facebook in that you have to have friends to get the photo stream, let me know and I'll give you some names of some of the photographers.

Re: Live Journal - 12/15/09 07:40 PM

Thanks elbert. I'm looking for a place to put my pictures into a gallery, so that I can send the link to my friends by email.

Your pics look great! Thanks for all the info too.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board