AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: captjeff no tv ,no internet ,no phone god help us - 02/04/10 10:40 PM
last night my phone went out and no tv ,no internet .I was so crazy yes more crazy than I normaly am .Anyway it is so strange how I can not go with all his stuff I can only think about how life was here in sanpedro 40 years ago ..What would i have done ?????then how was it then what did they do at night for fun ???.
Where is that cheerful positive guy that Capt. Jeff usta be?
Posted By: dabunk Re: no tv ,no internet ,no phone god help us - 02/04/10 11:07 PM
Sat around with family and friends and talked or went fishing.
Posted By: elbert Re: no tv ,no internet ,no phone god help us - 02/04/10 11:10 PM
I cant believe you really asked 'What did they do at night for fun....
Captain can you still remember when you where young.
40 years ago you would be a young man with raging hormones that didn't need any suggestions of what to do!
Posted By: ron Re: no tv ,no internet ,no phone god help us - 02/04/10 11:27 PM
When I'm in my house in Caye Caulker I have no TV nor internet. I do have a phone but its not so entertaining. Not having the TV or internet makes it a much nicer place. I'm an old man and still have raging hormones under the right circumstances.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: no tv ,no internet ,no phone god help us - 02/04/10 11:41 PM
AMEN Ron ! You tellem !
Sounds like you's guys!

Two businessmen in Florida were sitting down for a break in their soon-to-be new store..
As yet, the store wasn't ready, with only a few shelves set up.

One said to the other, "I bet any minute now some senior is going to walk by,
put his face to the window, and ask what we're selling."

No sooner were the words out of his mouth when, sure enough, a curious senior walked up to
the window, had a peek, and in a soft voice asked, "What are you sellin' here?"

One of the men snickered as the other replied sarcastically, "We're selling assholes."

Without skipping a beat the old timer said, "Must be doing well... Only two left.

"NOTE": NEVER MESS WITH OLD FOLKS!!
I know this,is crazy but hell I am so use to those things ,and I know it was a other world then ,but i think most of us are so spoiled i know I am now .. Ron I also have raging hormones lol.
Jesse the capt is still one happy ,positive guy .Just like my comforts..Lol.
Good! I'm glad to know you are OK...
when the power goes out here (which is frequent, and I live in the US) I read or play crosswords/logic puzzles. During the ice storm a few years back we played a lot of checkers, (plain and chinese), backgammon, and rummy.
Posted By: ron Re: no tv ,no internet ,no phone god help us - 02/07/10 02:40 PM
Capt. you might ask the people in Washington when the power goes out what they do. I think they had a huge snowball fight which would be cool in Belize. Although not sure how many snowballs you'd be able to make.
Hey - what about old fashioned TALKING? Living across the cut has resulted in some fabulous evenings with no light pollution sitting on the verandah looking at the stars and having those special conversations that are punctuated with long periods of silence.
And, with that special person, followed by . . . .
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board