AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: reefenit Islanders! - 04/28/10 02:06 PM
I heard that island dwelling folks are a bit quarkier than mainland folks! Is this true? And if so why do you suppose this is?
Posted By: azbob Re: Islanders! - 04/28/10 03:21 PM
And which definition do you mean?:
1. When your emotions are a mix of depression and sadness, and giddiness and love.
2. a weird nerd
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 04/28/10 03:54 PM
I did not give any definition yet nerd da well, But since you brought it up! I am an emotional nightmare and I'm not even on an island anymore, and for some reason I thought I wanted to be in Turneffe for the rest of my days (and maybe still will) The 1 and 2 of your post really don't have much to do with location, although from my experience it might not help if the mind, body, spirit,(which are all the same thing by the way! In my opinion/theory that was taught to me by someone else) God! Does not really matter, off topic.
I don't watch tv read pappers, get involved in politricks,pay attention to the news, But because I have a property I am wanting to sell all kinds off ( fill in the blank) has been getting filtered into my here and now and it has me spinning........................So much drama!!!!
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 04/28/10 04:30 PM
Wow! Just think???? If only half the folks that have looked at this post and shared there thoughts about what they are reading we would have over 25 ways to meditate when alone to find happiness. LOL>>>>LOL>>>>> It is really all a cosmic joke and none of this really matters, I'm done with this. Thanks for showing me that I am wasting my time typing when I can be happy with me............... Later!!! Namaste....
Posted By: kerry Re: Islanders! - 04/28/10 07:33 PM
leismor...don't ever think u are wasting your time, by putting your thoughts or feelings in writing....some might understand them, others may not...but sometimes it helps just to put it out there....this site has been a place for me to vent...get good feedback at times, and others not so great...but i don't stop....
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 04/28/10 08:39 PM
I'll contemplate the concept and write this to ya all!!11
I just find myself spinning my wheels with no known source other than myself in the first place!!! Then I find that sharing what is going on does not bring about the desired results for being here in the first place. I get hammered for being honest,then I get glimpeses of sh... that I know I can do nothing about to top it off, which leaves me even more frustrated and the whole point of my being on this site in the first place is to try and lighten my load not to take on more crap the I find upsetting and then watching folks spuuuuu because there is nothing better to do with there day. I must say I don't know what people should do with there day, yet what I am reading does not feel like enlightenment to me. I have realized that it must come from within and nothing outside of me no matter how absurd ,big or small is going to have an impact. I have maybe 3 "friends" in my life time and the ocation to be able to even type to them is rare.
The frustration level of all the B.S. laid out across the internet is mind numbing......... I have nothing left to say at the moment other than thank you, you pulled a few more words out of me that will not help me to know me!!! If I told you what I have told many others I would be in the same spot, so why should I keep reaching out for guidence from others when the feed back is fu or nothing at all! there are rare exceptions of course but how much abuse should I take? I abuse myself just fine without outsid help!!!!!!!!!!!

Dig brodren? Nof said!
Posted By: klcman Re: Islanders! - 04/29/10 12:59 AM
Perhaps you would get better results here, rather than on a travel/tourism related message board.

http://community.drphil.com/boards/?SubCategoryID=2

Just saying.........
Posted By: kerry Re: Islanders! - 04/29/10 01:08 AM
wow! u should seek counseling!
Posted By: klcman Re: Islanders! - 04/29/10 01:12 AM
not me.......
Posted By: kerry Re: Islanders! - 04/29/10 01:58 AM
not at all u....klc...my name sake!!!!from one kerry to another
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Islanders! - 04/29/10 02:09 AM
He/she is a basket case, fergitaboutit smile
Posted By: reaper Re: Islanders! - 04/29/10 02:56 AM
Is that you Lacysisland????? (old farts will get that one!)
Posted By: SimonB Re: Islanders! - 04/29/10 04:29 AM
grin
Posted By: Islenutt Re: Islanders! - 04/29/10 01:48 PM
smile (not that I'm an old fart!)
Posted By: seashell Re: Islanders! - 04/30/10 02:14 AM
shocked smile
Posted By: azbob Re: Islanders! - 04/30/10 02:22 AM
I'm old, but I guess not that old!!! smile
Posted By: krehfish Re: Islanders! - 04/30/10 02:51 AM
let me go out to the garage and get my tinfoil hat-then i'll translate.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Islanders! - 04/30/10 12:52 PM
Azbob, look up some of her old posts, she was something special
Posted By: RMT Re: Islanders! - 04/30/10 01:39 PM
Azbob, Lacy liked to post during cocktail hour, it was quite amusing at times. lol
Posted By: Bing Crosby Re: Islanders! - 04/30/10 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lesismor
I did not give any definition yet nerd da well, But since you brought it up! I am an emotional nightmare and I'm not even on an island anymore, and for some reason I thought I wanted to be in Turneffe for the rest of my days (and maybe still will) The 1 and 2 of your post really don't have much to do with location, although from my experience it might not help if the mind, body, spirit,(which are all the same thing by the way! In my opinion/theory that was taught to me by someone else) God! Does not really matter, off topic.
I don't watch tv read pappers, get involved in politricks,pay attention to the news, But because I have a property I am wanting to sell all kinds off ( fill in the blank) has been getting filtered into my here and now and it has me spinning........................So much drama!!!!

WHAT THE F......?
Posted By: azbob Re: Islanders! - 05/01/10 01:50 AM
I looked at some of the old post and now I'm "not so old"! I see what you mean! Pass the tinfoil! smile
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Islanders! - 05/01/10 03:09 AM
Got a roll right here Bob! laugh
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/01/10 05:23 AM
Bing, I was having a bad day! why dont we start talking about hurricane sea son, or something less important like how to deal with the one sleeping next to us ou in the next room or... what the f....? My best take at this point is I don't know f... about s.... and tring to find answers outside myself with the ones I love is the biggest waste of time I have invested for the entire time I have bee breathing in this body. The ego is making me right this and that is wrong, I bid you all fair well this is not bring me closer to what I seek . Does this answer your Q... What the F......? I'm a ................ and a???????? with many beautiful.......crazy ideas of how IT is suppost to look to satisfy me, I'm comingg closer and closer to the release of I, you, we, me, and accepting IT, and staying out of others peoples business out of fear of a flat bank account!!!!!!!!!!1 F..en nuts!!!! I will be here until I am not and the answers Are not going to be found here...............F en A. da ego is a mo fo to accept den re lease.......... OUt. I miss me.... fear may set me free...
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/01/10 05:26 AM
Very tired needing rest and stressed..... I am the cause of all of this. Understanding, cant blame........
Posted By: Luvinlife Re: Islanders! - 05/01/10 05:51 AM
Mitch,

I told you I would help. don't look at his board for help. They are mean and nasty. What can I do? I'm actaully a nice person who takes care of sick people and animals. Im not a nurse nor vet justs like to do the right thing for karma and makes me feel good. Life is short and I'm 40 and want to always be a good person. Let me know what I can do and by the way Im a woman, sorry I thought you were too.

Cindy
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 03:40 AM
reaper, what? old? i remember lacysisland... and a few others. lol smile

Lesismor, I too thought you were a gial, not a guy but anyway... I'm sure this is not the first place you've chosen to seek help but regardless, have you tried writing these thoughts down on paper then going back to read it? Writing can be very theraputic and going back later, or the next day, or days later to read what you've writen can sometimes help you with your issue(s). I don't think a public message board with people you don't know and quite honestly sentences that make very little sense, will help you.

Good luck finding happiness.

Posted By: krehfish Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 04:27 AM
"...I bid you all farewell..." Works for me.
Posted By: seashell Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 07:42 AM
luvinlife and lesismor . . .what a couple.
Posted By: Rykat Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 04:57 PM
Think its time for a Morisles to show up?! smirk
Posted By: Mike S Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 06:23 PM
Lesismore,
Adopt a dog. They will listen to you and love you no matter what you say. Good luck.
Posted By: iluvbelize Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by seashell

and this is so telling about you SS. nothing better to do in the wee hours of the morning than slag someone trying to help another person.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 09:57 PM
What a bunch of rambling, nonsense!
Posted By: seashell Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 10:32 PM
pot, kettle, black and all that, iluvbelize
Posted By: Luvinlife Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 10:46 PM
Amen! iluvbelize, you seem to be one of the few with common sense around here.
Posted By: iluvbelize Re: Islanders! - 05/02/10 11:46 PM
whatever, bitches. as you were.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 12:12 AM
Well, I suppose if you can figure out what the heck lessismore is talking about, you have more common sense than I do. LOL. Guess I have been called worse by things that are far more important to me than this nonsense...and that is exactly what it is.
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 12:53 AM
more will be revielied.... multi tasking
Posted By: Nova Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 01:14 AM
revealed
reveled
resealed
reviled

Tell the truth and shame the devil!

Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 01:34 AM
Wow, My question has been answered!

Islanders are of a different stock from the mainlanders and is seems it can creep into you over time and POOF you are not who you were before. I was a bit drunken on that one post, late night and being more obscure than even I can make out, so for sure explane to all if you figure out. Maybe I can keep recieving answers about island life.

Any wind power out there? How is the solar working for the folks that have had it installed for a number of years. Is diesel the main power? You guys have good source of Fresh Water?. Recycle, how is the progress in this area? Less Is More
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 01:40 AM
reviled.......truth is this is fun in a wierd way.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 01:45 AM
Whew! Glad to hear even the original author of this post says what he was saying was "obscure than even I can make out!" Now, I know fer sure that I have some common sense! hahhahahha
Posted By: sandyb Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 01:56 AM
I want some of whatever he and a few others are smoking!
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 02:04 AM
So tell me about island life?
Posted By: wasntme Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by Lesismor
more will be revielied.... multi tasking

Please just spare us the rest
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 02:50 AM
It's pretty much the same as life on Earth, only better crazy and there is Belikin......
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 02:55 AM
grin
Posted By: wasntme Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 03:05 AM
Come to the island. You and the cookie lady are going to have some fantastic conversations... if you arent all ready long lost siblings
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 03:22 AM
I understand that and that is funny! smile
Posted By: SimonB Re: Islanders! - 05/03/10 03:30 AM
grin
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Islanders! - 05/04/10 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by wasntme
Come to the island. You and the cookie lady are going to have some fantastic conversations... if you arent all ready long lost siblings
haaaaaa!

Originally Posted by PalapaBob
It's pretty much the same as life on Earth, only better crazy and there is Belikin......
haaaaaaa!

Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/05/10 04:56 PM
"Please just spare us the rest." Done said!!!!! see ya in da surf.
Posted By: iluvbelize Re: Islanders! - 05/05/10 05:18 PM
bubble on scooby
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/05/10 06:12 PM
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/07/10 02:45 AM
what up with that?
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/07/10 02:47 AM
lighten up neighbor's it's just life... lets enjoy oneanother! In all of our unique strangenessesesese
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/07/10 02:48 AM
Have a nice night I'm done! Thanks all
Posted By: belizeonthebeach Re: Islanders! - 05/07/10 03:12 AM
Thanks God & Greyhound He/She is gone!!
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: Islanders! - 05/07/10 03:20 AM
Ditto!
Posted By: reefenit Re: Islanders! - 05/07/10 04:01 AM
how depressing!! I'm gone again Sorry for eating up your cyber space
Posted By: Tom Re: Islanders! - 05/19/10 04:24 PM
Well I do not know about more quarkier ones, it just seems like it because it is a smaller place.
There are some that are funny, scary, weird and some are just way out there. Some are no longer with us but not to worry there are others. I understand that Elvis has graced us with his presence lately, but not so sure it is him as Dennis Wolfe wrote a song about "Elvis in Belize" before this guy showed up.
Come and see for yourselves and enjoy La Isla Bonita with all she has to offer.
Kat aka:TukiTuki
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Islanders! - 05/19/10 06:04 PM
Just sounds like late night bar talk to me. But then to those nobody is listening.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board