AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Looking for a House Builder

Posted By: Jon The Baptist

Looking for a House Builder - 06/13/10 04:09 AM

Can anybody please help me out as I am looking for a builder that specializes in concrete and is reputable within in the community.
Posted By: Rykat

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/13/10 04:19 AM

Jeez, keep your head on willya? :-)
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/13/10 04:48 AM

Well, that's a oxymoron, isn't it?

LOL just kidding.... I have always heard that Jim Hanna is the builder of choice. Plus he's a super nice guy. He's here on the board as " Belize on the Beach".
Posted By: elbert

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/13/10 02:38 PM

The good builders are all so busy. This might be a difficult task.
My favorite is Bob Campbell. I've seen him build some beautiful and practical houses on the island for 20 odd years.
Posted By: purdygrl

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/13/10 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by SnoopysMom
Well, that's a oxymoron, isn't it?

LOL just kidding

Hi JTB I have sent you a PM for a good reputable builder.

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 04:59 PM

I was googling developments on AC and I came across Sapphire Beach Belize. They builder they have is Sam Gomez Construction. How good are they!! Also would it seem resonable that we could have 2 500sq ft units built by Christmas or is the pace of work down there different then Canada/Usa.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 05:10 PM

You could definitely have a house built between now and christmas. Honestly a wooden house can be built within a month. A concrete house takes longer but if your funding is timed correctly and your builder is professional enough to be able to plan the shipments in a timely fashion a 6 month build is well within the realms of possibility.

My house took 8 months to build, about 4,000 sq ft. But we had a major medical emergency during that period when we couldn't focus on the house a about a month.

I can suggest some builders if you need some contacts. Send me a PM.
Posted By: papashine

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 05:10 PM

Bada-boom!!!

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
You could definitely have a house built between now and Christmas. Honestly a wooden house can be built within a month. A concrete house takes longer but if your funding is timed correctly and your builder is professional enough to be able to plan the shipments in a timely fashion a 6 month build is well within the realms of possibility.

Amanda you have everyone who has ever built a house on Ambergris Caye rolling in the aisles.
Lets see just run over and get a permit in the morning then buy the materials in the afternoon then get the boys to throw it all together. yep not difficult at all.

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 06:57 PM

Well I have built 2 houses and have renovated and added onto 2 others - within budget and within time constraints. So I guess it has to do with attitude, funding and a little sweetness and light.

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 07:05 PM

Your forgetting we used the same builder.
remember?

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 07:29 PM

I have no idea who built your house Elbert. But I do know that I didn't experience any delays or cost over runs.

Cal and I are extremely happy with our home and guest house.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 07:56 PM

Didn't Colette and Maya have big problems with their new house? I believe that was a well known local builder.

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 08:05 PM

I greatly appreciate the people on this forum who are helping me find a local builder as I dont think I will be able to micro manage the construction in Belize as I live in BC Canada. Hopefully people dont get mad at what people are saying on here in regards to a good local builder. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 08:06 PM

You are getting the usual naysayers. Ignore them

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 08:11 PM

Don't worry - you aren't ruffling any feathers. People all have different experiences and opinions. And some just enjoy trying to stir up dirt.

If you want to hire a builder that doesn't need micromanaging there are some here on the island. Take this advice - see what they have built RECENTLY, talk to a number of past clients, make sure you have a written contract with every minute detail addressed. You can also consider hiring a construction oversight manager.
Posted By: ron

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 08:20 PM

Add to Amada's list that you have a very detailed set of drawings, so questions are minimal.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/16/10 08:50 PM

A major problem in any large project including building a house, is the owner changing his mind once the project is underway. It is very important that research is done thoroughly beforehand, detailed plans are drawn up and agreed, and then stuck to.
Posted By: pirate villas

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/17/10 05:49 PM

call isael 011-501-631-2360 if you want someone u can trust...he built my villa called pirate villas in 6 months from start to finish and is a great guy...he also buit akbol just ask milio he owns akbol....goood luck with your project

Re: Looking for a House Builder - 06/28/10 02:16 PM

SPAM!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board