AmbergrisCaye.com Home

I'm retired...

Posted By: reaper

I'm retired... - 07/20/10 10:28 PM

...Thursday at 7AM after 31 years of getting cats out of trees.
I'm trading in my axe for a parachute.
Thanks for lots of fun reading this board and chatting with everyone on slow nights.
Kristine will have to start waking up much quieter in the mornings for work and getting the ankle biters off to school.
San Pedro is getting closer...;)
Posted By: chunkyruth

Re: I'm retired... - 07/20/10 10:32 PM

Congrats Reaper! Chunk and I are in our 5th year of retirement and highly recommend it. Enjoy every minute, time really does fly when you're having fun...
Posted By: Chloe

Re: I'm retired... - 07/20/10 10:44 PM

Congrats, Reaper and (((((hugs))))). You will make good use of your time I know, enjoy.
Posted By: Pam&Dave

Re: I'm retired... - 07/20/10 10:54 PM

A special thank you for keeping your community a safer place for these past 31 years. Another thanks for all the positive contributions you have made to San Pedro.
Never could understand why someone would jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane - but happy skies to you!
Posted By: PalapaBob

Re: I'm retired... - 07/20/10 11:07 PM

You can't possibly be retirement age!!!! shocked
Posted By: Hon

Re: I'm retired... - 07/20/10 11:11 PM

What about the cats?!? Is no one thinking about the plight of the poor treed cats?!? But wait! Does this mean you'll spend more time here, hanging out with us all? Okay then, cats be damned!

Soft landings, reaper and big, big hugs smile
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 12:06 AM

Yer gonna like it !
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 12:15 AM

Congrats my friend!! I know you're gonna luv it! My Spurs hat is off to you for all that you have done for the community during your 31 years. I'm just glad that you made it to your retirement in one piece! Hope to see you soon in that place we all love.
Posted By: shuffles

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 12:27 AM

and a big WOO HOO from us!!
Posted By: klcman

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 01:30 AM

Congrats, big guy! You've dedicated much of your adult life to serving mankind and just because you are now cashing in on CALPERS, do not try to make us believe you will still not be serving. We know better. Some of it will just be in a different way..........but take a well earned respite, smell the roses first.
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 02:39 AM

Congratulations! Retirement is great and even better when you are in good health and can enjoy it. Come and see us often.
Posted By: azbob

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 02:54 AM

Rich, congratulations my friend and fire family! Enjoy yourself to the limit! I know you will!!
Posted By: Gela

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 03:26 AM

Congratulations Rich! You deserve a rest before your next chapter. The best to you and your family!
Posted By: reaper

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 04:46 AM

Thanks guys! I cleaned out my locker tonight. Wow did I find some stuff buried, including a draft of my first ever letter to the BTB asking for permission to bring skydiving to Belize, dated 2002.
I'm going to miss driving the back of the hook and ladder for sure.
Posted By: Portofino

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 07:12 AM

Hey Rich,

I was writing you a congratulations message minutes after you posted but I was kicked off the computer by my guests - I have no computer; I usually work on the Portofino Guests computer.

Now I want to wish you the best retirement ever - wait, your wife will have to agree with that - but with your plans for Belize and Ambergris Caye that shouldn't be a problem!

Jan
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 10:11 AM

Congratulations Rich. We will see you soon in Belize. Now what is Kristine gonna do with you underfoot all of the the time???

Enjoy your newly found freedom.
Posted By: purdygrl

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 02:54 PM

Congratulations Rich!
Posted By: captjeff

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 03:34 PM

Congrats rich .come join me on the quest to live the DREAM for as long as we can and may be the last check we write bounce .LOL.
Posted By: Welland

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 04:01 PM

Nice to see a brother firefighter reach retirement. Congrats and enjoy it
Posted By: Dita

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 04:05 PM

Congratulations!
Posted By: RI Beth

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 06:52 PM

Fantastic! Enjoy whatever comes next!
Posted By: Bobber

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 07:32 PM

Congrats. I fear you may find that your free time is going to diminish quite a bit. Enjoy the fruits of your labors.
Posted By: champion

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 08:08 PM

I've been tired a long time, why does one Re-Tire? Congrats
Posted By: SimonB

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 09:24 PM

Hey Rich, many congrats! Now you have spare time I hear the Leafs are looking for new talent...
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: I'm retired... - 07/21/10 09:55 PM

good for you! congrats!
Posted By: Scuba do

Re: I'm retired... - 07/22/10 12:55 AM

Congrats Rich..I pray blessings over your beautiful family and all retirement dreams..You are a good man.....we will CU next winter on AC.
David & Jo
Illinois
Home of the Blackhawks
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: I'm retired... - 07/22/10 03:51 AM

Good for you, Rich!! I hope your dreams and your realities find a good home . .in a familiar tropical clime!!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board