AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Electrical Theives

Posted By: P.J.

Electrical Theives - 10/05/10 05:13 PM

Just had my 100 amp safety switch gutted by some thieves at the cafe (took the 2 main fuses and damaged some wiring). Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this. The guys from BEL and a couple other locals said that they have issues with this in Belize City, but they don't really hear about it in SP.

Really sucked because I think it happened on Saturday afternoon after we closed, so we didn't know that we didn't have power until late in the evening on Sunday. We got the distinct privilege of buying lots of fruits, veggies, and meats that spoiled. No bueno...especially on a Monday!

Anyways, we're back open for business and serving up eggs, bacon, toast, breakfast wraps, omelets, french toast etc for anyone who is interested. And its all under $12 bzd. I know....shameless plug. Gotta do what we can to survive the slow season. smile
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Electrical Theives - 10/05/10 05:57 PM

Sorry to hear that PJ.......

Re: Electrical Theives - 10/05/10 06:03 PM

eh...it happens. Thankfully the landlord had an electrician here on Monday morning and we were back online by noon. We lost one day of business and some food, but it could have been a lot worse. Im pretty surpised that no one got fried by it when they tried to steal it. 100 amps can do some serious damage real fast.
Posted By: bobcat bill

Re: Electrical Theives - 10/05/10 06:06 PM

very shocking-they had to know what they were doing.

Re: Electrical Theives - 10/05/10 06:20 PM

Haha....shocking. I wish it was.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Electrical Theives - 10/05/10 07:54 PM

sorry to hear that pj.
Posted By: ron

Re: Electrical Theives - 10/05/10 09:49 PM

My guess would be when the power was out.

Re: Electrical Theives - 10/06/10 01:52 AM

I was in the U.S. on Saturday and my wife called and said that the power was fluctuating and it even went out a couple times on, but only for a minute or two. She thought it might have been because BEL was already doing some work before the outage on Sunday.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board