AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Introduction

Posted By: Gump

Introduction - 08/03/11 10:07 PM

Hello to all. I have been lurking for quite some time trying to get to know the ways of the forum. I hope not to ask any questions that are too stupid. I am a firefighter/paramedic from Virginia and I have been dreaming of moving to Belize for more than 10 years. I have finally set the last 2 weeks of November as my first visit. I really look forward to meeting as many new friends as possible. I have not made any reservations yet as I am looking over several possible places to stay. I will be following the advice I 've seen here and come back for a longer visit in early 2012 and if all goes well, will make the move into a rental for a year or so while I attempt to establish myself on the island. Thank you for all the valuable info on your beautiful home.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Introduction - 08/03/11 10:11 PM

Welcome aboard!
Posted By: champion

Re: Introduction - 08/03/11 10:52 PM

Ditto!!
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Introduction - 08/04/11 02:14 AM

Welcome aboard Gump, we'll be around the South area during the last 2 weeks of November....Great places to stay there....If you want luxury and comfort try Pelican Reef Villas or Athens Gate.
Posted By: azbob

Re: Introduction - 08/04/11 06:17 PM

Yes, welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And by all means have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh
Posted By: shuffles

Re: Introduction - 08/05/11 12:25 AM

You couldn't have picked a better place!! Welcome
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Introduction - 08/05/11 01:19 AM

Gump, all the above comments were made by real estate/time share sales people. Stay away, go to New York and get in the slum bidness.
Posted By: shuffles

Re: Introduction - 08/05/11 02:35 AM

None of the above..... E!!!

Re: Introduction - 08/05/11 02:59 AM

I know, just adding a little humor ! No one pays any attention to me anyway.
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Introduction - 08/05/11 06:01 PM

Shame on you Ernie! ....But keep trying.......It's fun to read
Posted By: champion

Re: Introduction - 08/05/11 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ernie B

Not true Ernie, I live and breath by what you have to say!
Posted By: PalapaBob

Re: Introduction - 08/05/11 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by champion
Originally Posted by Ernie B

Not true Ernie, I live and breath by what you have to say!

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..........
Posted By: BeBelize

Re: Introduction - 08/06/11 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by PalapaBob

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..........

"Like" grin

Re: Introduction - 08/06/11 01:45 AM

smile
Posted By: Gump

Re: Introduction - 08/06/11 07:01 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. We (the GF and I) are planning to arrive November 20 and stay until December 3. Still trying to find the best deal on airfare and also looking at different lodging choices. I like the price of Rudy's (who wouldn't) and also like the idea of being fairly close to town, but we are open to suggestions. We are both firefighter/medics and aren't "rich Americans" compared to most. I guess we are very fortunate compared to people of some countries, but are in no way more than just hard workers that would like to find a better place to live. I feel like a Belizian born in an American body. Is there a surgical procedure to correct that? We are both new to diving and look forward to more of that while there as well as trips to Caye Caulker and a cave tubing/zip lining trip.

This is our first visit so we hope to do as much friend-finding as fact-finding. Any suggestions or information our greatly appreciated.

Peace out

Posted By: elbert

Re: Introduction - 08/06/11 08:01 PM

I had a girfriend like that once!
Posted By: elbert

Re: Introduction - 08/06/11 08:04 PM

Rubys is sometimes noisy. But Nov and early Dec. its slow and probably quieter.
They have good food at reasonable prices in the Deli downstairs.
email me and I'll give you a good price on diving and we pick up at that dock.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Introduction - 08/07/11 03:08 PM

Stayed at Ruby's several times -- good, no-nonesense lodging in the middle of it all. Love the folks who own the place. Take advantage of the hotel safe. We never had any problems, but found it a little too easy to break-in to our own room when we lost a key....

Re: Introduction - 08/07/11 03:25 PM

Otter, if you recall, you didnt lose your key, you left it at BCs, cause you couldnt pay yer bar tab smile I would have picked up yer tab but you would have to leave Mary as security smile smile
Posted By: Txbigfoot

Re: Introduction - 08/07/11 04:03 PM

Well it must be the day for lurking. So Ahoy.
I am planning on spending some time there next year based upon the raves of friends who have been to your secret hideaway.
However they were alcohol senile on when the Lobster and Conch season is. Can anyone help me out? We will be bringing our own dingy. Thanks.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Introduction - 08/08/11 03:07 PM

Good questions. Well I remember the lobster fishing is open from June 15th until February 14th each year.

Conch's can be fished between October 1st and June 30th.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board