AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Survivor

Posted By: dsmart1

Survivor - 09/01/11 05:06 PM

Hey I have a question- how many of you guys are survivor fans? New season starting.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Survivor - 09/01/11 05:43 PM

My Mom was really ticked when Obama interrupted Survivor to announce that Bin Laden was dead. And my Mom is the most mild mannered person I know. So I guess that makes her a super fan of Survivor. And Dad wears all the t-shirts.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Survivor - 09/01/11 05:47 PM

huge laugh....
Posted By: Bing Crosby

Re: Survivor - 09/01/11 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
My Mom was really ticked when Obama interrupted Survivor to announce that Bin Laden was dead. And my Mom is the most mild mannered person I know. So I guess that makes her a super fan of Survivor. And Dad wears all the t-shirts.

I guess you could say that Bin Laden got voted off the island.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Survivor - 09/01/11 06:28 PM

Absolutely! It may have been more apt if we had been watching Top Shot at the time of course - or may America's most wanted.

Posted By: Gela

Re: Survivor - 09/03/11 01:30 AM

I've watched Survivor each season. I've actually visited many places because of it; Panama, Costa Rica, Cook Islands, and soon to visit Nicaragua.
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Survivor - 09/03/11 02:03 AM

Woooo Hooo, Nicaragua...me too! smile
Posted By: Bear

Re: Survivor - 09/03/11 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gela
I've watched Survivor each season. I've actually visited many places because of it; Panama, Costa Rica, Cook Islands, and soon to visit Nicaragua.

Gela, did you visit the little island off Aitutaki where the original British series was filmed?

Re: Survivor - 09/04/11 04:10 AM

Bear, I sure did. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. This was in May of 2010 - back in Feb, they were hit by a typhoon, damaged many trees but they were on the mend when I got there.
Posted By: Dr Buzzard

Re: Survivor - 09/04/11 03:55 PM

Way off the beaten track -- if you go to Nica, make a trek over to Bluefiedls and the Corn Island (Isla de Maize).

Re: Survivor - 09/04/11 09:37 PM

tyshepp - already planning 4 nights in Big Corn. The plane will stop in Bluefields before it heads over there smile
Posted By: BeBelize

Re: Survivor - 09/05/11 10:18 PM

I am a big Survivor fan; have watched since the first season. Do you know when the premiere is? I haven't watched any TV since arriving in AC a week ago so have missed ads... thx!

Re: Survivor - 09/06/11 01:04 AM

Survivor starts on Wednesday, September 14 - 8:00pm 7:00pm Central Time.

Re: Survivor - 09/06/11 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Gela
Survivor starts on Wednesday, September 14 - 8:00pm 7:00pm Central Time.

Thanks, Gela! Unfortunately that is 6pm San Pedro time, a very bad time for TV as we are either cooking or eating at that time. I'll watch online later...
Posted By: AverageJoes

Re: Survivor - 09/06/11 02:45 AM

I Belize bound girl I believe we are going to have a crowd to watch at average joes if you would care to join us, let us cook the best chicken wings for you and sit back and enjoy the show with friends .

Re: Survivor - 09/06/11 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by AvergeJoes
I Belize bound girl I believe we are going to have a crowd to watch at average joes if you would care to join us, let us cook the best chicken wings for you and sit back and enjoy the show with friends .

That sounds fun, but we are north of the bridge and don't have a vehicle. We will catch it up here at some point. I end up watching most things online so I can catch them at times that work better for me. Thanks! smile
Posted By: Dr Buzzard

Re: Survivor - 09/06/11 01:31 PM

How do you watch online?

Re: Survivor - 09/06/11 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by tyshepp
How do you watch online?

cbs.com airs all the episodes after they air on TV. They may not be posted until 24-48 hours after airing, I can't recall.

Emily

Re: Survivor - 09/15/11 04:55 AM

I don't watch the show on a regular basis, but caught the season premiere tonight...it was entertaining.

I am on the West Coast and it aired from 7 p.m. to 8:30 tonight at my home...I am a Dish Network subscriber, so I think start times depend on who your provider is and whether you have Dish or cable. I wasn't able to watch all of it, so missed exactly where in the South Pacific it was filmed. Does anybody know exact location?
Posted By: Nova

Re: Survivor - 09/15/11 12:16 PM

Laurie - I think it's Upolu, Samoa.
Posted By: Rykat

Re: Survivor - 09/15/11 02:22 PM

Like to see how long that bunch would last in say...Camden,or Newark, NJ smile I give em' 1 night!

Re: Survivor - 09/16/11 01:51 AM

LOL Rykat...I would have ripped on the coconut "basketball" challenge!
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Survivor - 09/16/11 02:46 AM

Im a survivor, of Susan, Helen, Mindy, Carol, Nancy, Helen, Helen, Helen and lets not forget HELEN !!!!!
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood

Re: Survivor - 09/19/11 06:19 AM

Ernie, you must know my friend Helen back because I've been there to!!

OK Survivor fans....Paradise Theater will be showing Survivor LIVE every Wednesday on the big screen. NO not a 40 inch or a 50 inch but a 40 FOOT screen.

Paradise will now be showing Survivor, as well as the Amazing Race as they air as we are the only Fully digital Theater in the Country! We have hooked up to Coral Cable and will be showing major fights and sporting events as well.

Lets make this a weekly event and when the grand finale rolls around we will have a big Survivor Party.

For those in the Forty plus range... How many of you remember Midnight showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I just got a copy of the film and am looking to see if there is anyone interested in Shadowcasting with the film. (dressing up and acting out the parts on stage) I need all cast members including Janet, Brad, Dr. Frank and Riff Raff,

If interested post or pm me. Looking to do a midnight show on Halloween and possibly once every month.

Posted By: wade the gringo

Re: Survivor - 09/19/11 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Capt. Hollywood
For those in the Forty plus range... How many of you remember Midnight showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I just got a copy of the film and am looking to see if there is anyone interested in Shadowcasting with the film. (dressing up and acting out the parts on stage) I need all cast members including Janet, Brad, Dr. Frank and Riff Raff,

If interested post or pm me. Looking to do a midnight show on Halloween and possibly once every month.

Ill bring the rice and squirt guns!!!

Re: Survivor - 09/19/11 08:31 AM

If everyone is in to it bring your squrit guns rice toast and newspapers. I feel a party coming on.

Re: Survivor - 09/19/11 08:34 AM

The version I have has all the audience participation dialogue on screen. If you are familiar with the show it will be an awesome night.

Re: Survivor - 09/21/11 07:53 PM

Ok Survivor fans all that come out to Average Joes ( and those that didn't) for the Premiere of the new season. It was a blast. Joe will not be there tonight as There is some big birthday celebration going on- but everyone that wants to come tonight we will have it playing on our 2 42 inch TVs with , wings and the ONLY 100% all American Beef hot dogs.

There is not admission to watch no bridge toll and the bar and stools are the tallest in San Pedro. We have amazing fans there Wednesday night. So come join us- bring you old friends and meet new ones kick back and enjoy the show and let one of the Joe s Cook for you..
Try our frozen raspberry or mango margarita's they are to die for!!!!! tell Kevin they Joe said they are only 10 bucks

Re: Survivor - 09/21/11 09:29 PM

SURVIVOR TONIGHT!! 6pm on the big Screen!!
FREE ADMISSION for Survivor

followed by Mel Gibson's APOCOLYPTO at
7:15pm $5bz for the Movie

Paradise Theater
at the Bridge
Air Conditioned
Full Bar
Dolby Digital Surround Sound

Re: Survivor - 09/27/11 07:33 AM

Survivor Wednesday is comming up fast. Do you have your plans set for Survivor viewing yet? Dont stay at home alone come out and be proud of being a Survivor fan!!!! Share this guilty little plessure with others that are fans of the show as well.

Now to review why you would want to watch it at AJs in case you have forgotten, We have a full bar- great staff- wings- 100 % all american beef chili dogs, frozen drinks, Largest stools in San Pedro (Perhaps in all of Belize)- and other fans watching right along with you.

Dont have a bridge pass and don't want to spend 10.00 to cross the bridge? No Problem! At Ajs FREE is FREE , no hidden costs. Lots of great seating- and the best frozen rum punch slurpee on the island for 5.00 bz. Drink specials and happy hour 4-9 so you can come early and stay late and make a night of it.

Make Ajs your local destination for survivor. We will see you there.

Re: Survivor - 09/27/11 08:14 AM

Survivor is also playing at Paradise Theater every Wednesday on the BIG screen, and The AMAZING RACE every Sunday! FREE. If you live north of the bridge there is no bridge toll.

NO, we do not have the largest stools in San Pedro, nor in Belize. (Large stools have a tendancy to clog the toilets.)

But we do have the largest viewing screen in San Pedro.

We also have the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW coming soon so if any one thinks they have a bigger/better Frank n Furter, bring it on!!
I accept your challenge.

Posted By: Cooper

Re: Survivor - 09/27/11 09:37 AM

BeBelize,
Unless you have some new fangled internet connection, you cant watch shows on internet in Belize, no netflix, no missed CBS episodes, all blocked here, and if I am wrong and someone has been able to do this, please let me know. I am not the most savy computer user.
Posted By: dabunk

Re: Survivor - 09/27/11 01:00 PM

Cooper tried to send you a PM but says you are full. PM me and I can give you some info on how.

Re: Survivor - 09/27/11 03:21 PM

Or PM me, I'll be glad to explain how I do it.

Cheers,
Emily

Re: Survivor - 09/27/11 04:24 PM

Come in this Wednesday to watch survivor at AJs (as seem on san pedro scoops events calendar) and mention the code word Captain Hollywood and receive you first frozen rum punch FREE.
Posted By: dsmart1

Re: Survivor - 09/27/11 06:54 PM

Hi is there anyone that actually wants coach to win?
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Survivor - 09/28/11 01:21 AM

SO = Joe - where are you located???

Re: Survivor - 09/28/11 02:35 AM

Come this Wednesday and watch SURVIVOR on the BIG BIG Screen at Paradise Theater.

Mention the code word "AVERAGE JOE and get a free bag of Doritos

By the way, if you missed last weeks, we will show it at 5pm followed by the live broadcast of this weeks at 6pm.

Don't forget, we are also showing THE AMAZING RACE every Sunday at 6pm Free admission.

This Sunday, after The Amazing Race we have the film BRIDESMAIDS, at 7 Followed by Transformers 3 at 9:30
$6 bz per movie or both for $9

Re: Survivor - 09/28/11 03:55 AM

If I say the code word scubalady do I get a naked autographed picture of Harriette? sick

Re: Survivor - 09/28/11 06:44 AM

Scubaldy We are located on the south side- by the gas station, and internet cafe. Hope to see you there.
Posted By: Cooper

Re: Survivor - 09/28/11 07:21 AM

OK, so I emptied out my mailbox, anyone that can instruct me how to download and watch tv shows in Belize pm me. Does it have anything to do with using anchor free or simalar servers?

Re: Survivor - 09/28/11 07:29 AM

Sorry Rykat , her name is ScubaLADY not Scubacenterfold.

Re: Survivor - 09/28/11 10:57 AM

Darn, maybe I could get one from Ernie! smile

Re: Survivor - 09/29/11 06:45 PM

Average Joes Bar would like to apoligize for the standing room only and the fire chief showing up and asking people to leave as we were over capacity, remember the earlier you get there the better the seat. let the race begin next week. now remember we will have amazing race on Sunday as well.

Re: Survivor - 09/29/11 08:19 PM

For the true die hard fans...We have plenty of room in our BIG 300 seat air conditioned mosquito free Paradise Theater, nice comfortable stadium seating with cupholders. and you will not be asked to leave in the middle of the show.

Enjoy Survivor and Amazing Race on the big 40 foot screen.

Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Survivor - 09/30/11 08:46 PM

Rycat = trust me you would not want a centerfold - with or without clothes.
When I sing the show is so over!

Re: Survivor - 10/01/11 01:27 PM

smile
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board