AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: 805Robin Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/23/12 01:34 AM
Hi everybody! I am contemplating doing a solo trip this year, and after last year's backpacking trip through Europe I have the need for some fun tropical adventures!

I think that Ambergris Caye looks like a great place for outdoor activities sprinkled between a relaxing day at the spa, etc. But the important question comes up....

Is this area safe for single female travelers? And if it is (which I am hoping it is!), is it a 'honeymoon desitination'? If I went by myself would I want to put myself out of my misery while watching all the smoochy newlyweds?? I'm hoping for a fun, relaxed and active place to go. I just don't want to stick out like a sore thumb, be in danger, or board silly.

Thank you to anybody with insight!
Posted By: azbob Re: Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/23/12 01:40 AM
I've know at least 10 single women how have gone to Ambergris Caye with no problems. Just be smart as you did traveling around Europe. In all my trips I have never seen a wedding, so I do not see that as a problem. You will have a ball in a beautiful country with great people.
Posted By: 805Robin Re: Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/23/12 01:48 AM
Oh fantastic!! I am glad to hear that single women do pick the area as a travel destination. Are there certain times of the year that are better weather-wise?
Posted By: Gela Re: Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/23/12 02:34 AM
Single woman here. I've traveled to Ambergris Caye 10 times mostly solo with no problems. It's a great destination. I hope you have fun!
No problems as a single female unless you go out of your way to ask for them.
Enjoy!!
Posted By: seashell Re: Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/23/12 05:50 AM
Been going there on my own for many years. No problems, for the most part, that I haven't helped myself into.

Last couple of similar trips, I've been befriended by couples, so there ya go. Wasn't looking for them, but they adopted me and that's OK too. Didn't make me feel bad that they were happy with each other. Last couple were on their honeymoon!! To me, it was an honor and a privilege that they were wanting to share some of their time with me.
Posted By: cherb Re: Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/26/12 09:33 PM
what about party options?
Posted By: shuffles Re: Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/26/12 10:47 PM
Lots of different party options. We just had a bachelor party group here last month who had a blast. No one got in trouble, no issues. They couldn't have been happier.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/26/12 11:43 PM
Then, why doesn't that ever happen to me ?
Posted By: champion Re: Safe destination for single travelers? - 03/26/12 11:47 PM
The babes aren't looking for a crippled, shriveled up old man with 5 teeth!
PS, I got 10!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board