AmbergrisCaye.com Home

iPhone 5: BTL Nano SIM's?

Posted By: Bear

iPhone 5: BTL Nano SIM's? - 01/25/13 06:16 PM

I've had a few of our guests inquire about the use of their iPhone 5's with a BTL sim and I'm considering one as well. As of September '12 BTL indicated they were going to offer a Nano version but I cant find any indication they did (I'd be surprised). Any updates in that arena? or, barring that, is there anyone on the island that can reliably trim and sand the current ones to fit the iP5?
Posted By: hazzyy

Re: iPhone 5: BTL Nano SIM's? - 01/25/13 06:56 PM

You will need to cut it down. As far as I know BTL now has micro sims but not the Nano's. Those iPhone's will need to be unlocked as well. If it's not then they will not receive data from BTL or phone service. I have a cutter for Nano sims and have cut down Regular size sims to Nano sims with no problem.
Posted By: Bear

Re: iPhone 5: BTL Nano SIM's? - 01/25/13 07:39 PM

Thanks Haz, I'll take your well respected word on it. FYI here's the reference to the sanding bit so you can see where that came from.

http://www.ambergristoday.com/conte...iphone-5-working-belize-cellular-network

I'll touch bases with you when we're down next...word I just got was that theyre offering a chip which is closer to the nanos size but still requires the body work...is that the micro?
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board